Fish Like Mochi??

Fruit Milk

Athena POV-
“Are you going to?” Hope asked.
Her question stuck in my mind... Hmm... I don’t know... Should I? I don’t really know him... So I think it would be awkward... But... Not responding would be pretty rude...


*Bing*


I looked toward my computer to find another message from him.


Eunhyuk: Hey, would you maybe want to go out with me on Saturday?
Me: I’m busy Saturday...
Eunhyuk: Well how about Sunday?
Me: Yeah, I guess I’m free then...
Eunhyuk: Sweet. Meet me at the Fruit Cafe at 5.
Me: The Fruit Cafe....
Eunhyuk: Yeah. You know where that is right?
Me: By now I should know where it is....
Eunhyuk: What?
Me: Never mind, I’ll meet you there...
Eunhyuk: Sweet. See you then.
Eunhyuk is no longer available, you can still send him a message.


I turned to Hope, “Well, that makes two dates....”
“With who now?” She asked.
“That Eunhyuk kid...”
“Really!?” She jumped up and hugged me, “My little girl is growing up!!”
I pushed her off and laughed, “Yeah yeah, can we just get some rest now?”
She nodded and we got changed. We brushed our teeth and finally fell asleep.




_________________________________________________________



Good morning Saturday. I woke up and walked downstairs to find that Hope was already awake.
“Morning.” She said.
“Morning.” I replied.
I walked back upstairs and got dressed into some of the new clothes I bought, then walked back downstairs. Hope walked upstairs and got changed too. When she came back down, we walked out the door and headed to The Fruit Cafe.
“So what am I gonna do? He doesn’t know that I work there...” I said.
Hope looked at me, “Don’t worry. I’ll cover for your shift. You two can go and have fun.”
I smiled, “Thanks Hope.”
“Hey, it’s what best friends do.”
When we finally arrived, we walked inside and turned around the open/closed sign. I went to sit at one of the tables and Hope went to go and work mine and her shifts. Which, we both work the same hours, so really she’s just working her shift... But covering for me. After about twenty minutes, I got bored of waiting, so I decided that I could help Hope. I walked over to the stereo and cranked it up. The speakers played Give Your Heart A Break by Demi Lovato. I put my work apron on and went to stand behind the counter.
Hope came out from the kitchen and stared at me, “What are you doing!?”
“Working.” I replied, “I feel like I’ve been stood up.”
Hope looked toward the door, “Well you best crouch down girl, because he’s right there.”
I looked toward the door to find Donghae coming into the shop. I ducked down and hid under the counter.
“Welcome...” Hope said.
“Um hi. I’m supposed to meet a girl here. She has long brown hair, dark brown eyes and is really cute.... Have you seen anyone like that?”
“Um not yet...” Hope said, “Why don’t you have a seat and maybe she’ll come soon..”
Hope grabbed his shoulders and dragged him over to a table. I crawled into the back and took off my apron. Whew that was close... If you're wondering why I’m hiding from him, it’s because of my reputation. Sure, the Fruit Cafe is an awesome place to hang out and stuff, but it’s because of food critic that came here once...
 

It was a really rainy day and the Fruit Cafe had a bunch of people, hanging out and talking. But then, the critic walked through those doors and we knew something was gonna go bad... He walked up to the counter and ordered one of our specials. It was a chocolate cake with banana cream in the middle and two strawberries on top. When we we were finished making it, Hope handed it to me to give to him. I found him at one of the tables by the window. When I went to bring it over, some kid accidentally ran into me, the cake flew out of my hands and landed right onto the food critic. I fell on the floor and he stood up.

THIS IS THE WORST WAITRESS EVER!” He shouted pointing at me.

Everyone laughed at me, while I ran into the back crying. It was all over the newspaper and news. I was the laughing stock of the month. People at school teased me for it, even though it was an accident. Hope was the only one who stood by my side the whole time. Sometimes when people come in, they still laugh at me for it. Some even ask if Hope can take their order. This is also the reason for lack of customers here. This place used to be filled with people, but because of my one horrible mistake, we don’t have too many people come here.

I walked out the back door and ran around to the front door of the cafe. Then I walked through the front doors. I looked over toward Donghae and he waved to me. I walked over to the table and sat down in the chair across from him.

“Hi.” I said.
“Hey.” He replied.
It became silent for a moment... Then it began to get awkward. But, I guess it was Hope to the rescue... Or Hope coming to embarrass me...
She set down two smoothies, “Here you are. You two are a cute couple.”
I blushed. Of course she’s just trying to embarrass me.
“Oh, we’re not dating.” Donghae said.
“Yeah.” I replied giving her my, go away now, face.
“Oh. Well, you should be.” She said as she skipped off.
I looked back at Donghae and could tell I was blushing, “Waitresses... We will never understand them....”
Donghae laughed, “Yeah.”
I quietly sipped my smoothie while Donghae introduced himself to me.
“Donghae?” I said.
“Yes?”
“What does your name mean?” I asked.
“It means East Sea. That’s why most people call me Fishy...” He replied.
I almost choked on my smoothie. I swallowed what was left in my mouth and burst out laughing.
“What’s so funny?” He asked.
“Your nickname. Is it really.... Fishy?” I asked laughing again.
He nodded and put his head down sad. I stopped laughing. I guess I hurt his feelings...
“A-Actually.... I think it’s kinda cute...” I said.
He looked up and had this goofy smile on his face, “Really?”
“Mmm hmm.” I mumbled while my cheeks were full of smoothie.
He laughed.
I swallowed the smoothie, “What’s so funny?”
“You and you’re puffy cheeks...” Donghae said laughing, “Hey, I’m gonna give you a nickname.”
“Alright... What is it?” I asked.
“Mochi.” He replied. (sorry Henry fans. I do love Henry and his nickname so I chose this.)
“Mochi?” I asked.
“Yes, because of your puffy cheeks.” He said poking my left cheek.
I back away from him and blushed, then we both laughed it off.
“This was fun.” I said.
“Yeah.” Donghae replied, “But it doesn’t have to end here.”
“Really?” I asked.
He nodded, “Why don’t we just spend the whole day together?”
I smiled, “I’d like that.”
He stood up and walked over to the counter and I followed. He paid for our smoothies.
“I can pay for myself.” I said.
“But what kind of date would I be if I didn’t pay for you?” He asked.
“So you two still aren’t together?” Hope asked.
Donghae shook his head.
“Well, FIX IT!” She yelled at us.
I blushed even more and Hope pulled out the receipt. She set it down and wrote on it.
“Hey, weren’t you with this cutie when she bought clothes?” Donghae asked Hope.
Hope nodded and continued to write on the receipt. She then handed it to Donghae and he read it.
He looked back at Hope, “Don’t worry. I will.”
I looked at them confused and Hope nodded. What did Hope write? Probably another embarrassment...
 

Donghae turned to me, “Shall we?”

I nodded and we headed toward the front doors of the cafe. Before we got outside, Donghae grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. Which only made me blush more than I was...

I have a feeling this will be a really fun day, with..... Fishy....