Chapter 5

Driving to the Destination

A/N : By the end of this chapter, it's really obvious who it is if you bothered to watch their variety shows or anything. I wanted to make all the information about them click together but it's hard so yeah, i'll change some about them.Oh yeah, please subscribe! ^^ 

 

Donghae Pov

As usual, I went to school with my ordinary nerd boy look and since I was there early, I played around with my phone while waiting for Ryeowook to arrive.
 
"BOO!" Ryeowook whispered into my ears.
 
"YAH !! " I screamed at him, attracting the unnecessary attention that I hated. 
 
I smacked him and he apologized. We chatted and exchanged numbers since we didn't yesterday. Just then, the girl that I noticed yesterday walked into class. Strangely, even though everyone had made friends, she was still alone. She went to her corner seat and scribbled some notes. Ryeowook poked my waist . 
 
"Hey. Staring at somebody? " he smirked.
 
" Nah-ah. I like you more." I smirked back .
 
"EWWW, go away! " Ryeowook snorted in disgust.
 
I grinned widely. It was fun teasing that fellow. Ryeowook  went back to his seat after that as our homeroom teacher, Ms Kim stepped in. 
 
"Class, we will be having a group project . I will assign you guys your groups and put them at the back of the notice board." the teacher announced.
 
The class started to murmur among themselves and I looked at Ryeowook to find him looking at me as well. We both only knew each other and no one else . 
 
During recess, the class gathered at the back of the classroom to look at the assigned groups. Some got out of the crowd dejectedly because they were alone with strangers , while some screamed and jumped for joy with their friends who were together with them. Me and Ryeowook checked the list and found out we were grouped with another girl whom we didn't know.  It was fine and we jumped for joy. 
 
"Hey! We are in the same group ! " Ryeowook held onto my shoulders and started bouncing.
 
"Yes, I know ! I'm glad as well." I smiled.
 
" Any idea who's the other girl in our class? " Ryeowook asked.
 
"Nope. Hmm..." I scanned around the room and then felt a light tap on my shoulders. 
 
I turned around to find that the girl whom I was staring at earlier in the morning was behind me. Ryeowook had a surprised look as well.
 
"Yes? " I asked.
 
" Lee Donghae right? I'm in the same group as you. " She flashed a smile that mesmerized me for a second. I wondered why nobody was friends with her. 
 
"Yah!" Ryeowook hit me on the back.  
 
"Oh, oh sorry ! Yep. Nice to meet you!" I told her.
 
"Well, are both of you free today? Well, you know to do the project ." she asked both of us.
 
Ryeowook and me nodded and we discussed during lunch break that we would head to Ryeowook's house after school. 
 
When the bell rang , I packed my bag and headed to Ryeowook's house with the two project mates. When we reached there, we went into Ryeowook's room and sat on the floor. 
 
"So. how do we start ? " I asked.
 
We spent two hours planning and another hour to complete the project and we were done . There was still quite some time left before we decided to introduce ourselves to the girl. We introduced ourselves, and she did too. 
 
" My Korean isn't very fluent because I actually came here without my mum and dad to train at SME. I was from California . " My eyes slowly widened and Ryeowook and I stared at each other. 
 
How come I didn't see her before? I was screaming in my head . I decided to keep quiet about me being a trainee as well. Judging from this situation , she didn't know . 
 
" So... You were here for how long ? " Ryeowook enquired. 
 
"Well actually , I'm like about three years younger than two of you. It's just that I already learnt stuff from California and I can speak English. So, here I am in high school instead of middle school. I was here for a month only . I spent the past month working hard on my Korean so I haven't started my training . I came here to Korea alone. I disobeyed my dad to pursue my dreams. I guess that this sums up? " 
 
Ryeowook and I nodded . No wonder I haven't seen her at the training rooms before . We spent the rest of the time playing board games and then we headed home. Though I have come to know her more, I cannot understand why she is so familiar to me. Maybe... Just maybe I met her somewhere before ?