Chapter 12

Driving to the Destination

Donghae Pov 

Do I like her ? That night while the others were sleeping , my eyes were wide open . Do I like her or not? No . Yes . No . YES ! NOO! The answer soon came to my mind . I texted Ryeowook about it and he told me to reach school early tomorrow . 
 
When I reached school tomorrow , I told him about Hyukjae and everything . I told him I felt jealous and everything I needed to say . It finally came to the part when I told him " Yes, I like her " .
 
Ryeowook merely smirked . 
 
"Hey! Why are you smirking?! " 
 
" Donghae, it was seriously obvious. Come on." 
 
"Really ?! " 
 
Ryeowook nodded with exasperation. A girl with a bright eye smile walked in then. Who else? Tiffany. Just at the right timing. I quickly went back to my seat and avoided her . She felt it was strange but didn't think much of it .
 
For the rest of the week , I avoided her and whenever I saw Hyukjae with her, laughing merrily together, my heart would break into two. It turned out even worse one day when I was training with Heechul. 
 
" Donghae ah, did you hear about Tiffany and Hyukjae ? " 
 
" That they train together ?"
 
" Nope! Hehe, that Hyuk finally confessed to Tiffany . " 
 
I was drinking a bottle of water and I literally spit the water out .
 
" H-HE.. HE whaaAAAAT?! " 
 
"Woah, chill buddy. He confessed ! That chap . To think that he actually likes someone ."
 
That was it. It didn't just break my heart. It killed me. I felt like I was about to breakdown anytime. I ran out of the training room and ran and ran in desperation. I just randomly got onto a bus . After an hour , I reached the last stop and was told to alight the bus . I scanned the surroundings and thought that this place was familiar. A little too familiar. It was a place filled with fond memories . It was also the place that I hated. Hated with all of my heart. The place where my dad would always take me to play- The playground . 
 
It was also where I first met Tiffany . The place where I had fun. The place where my father had been hit . By a car.
 
He was dead. Gone. Forever. 
 
Tears started to fill my eyes as I thought of the many times I had with Dad . Seconds later , my face was wet with tears . No, Lee Dong Hae, you have to be strong. I'm not crying. I'm just washing the insides of my eyes. Yeah, that's right. Just washing the insides of my eyes.
 
This was the second time I felt so bad after my father's death. I bent down and crawled underneath the slide , where I had heard Tiffany cry before .
 
I blamed myself. I was being childish. Just crying because of what? Some stupid heart break? And, what else? Let's see. My stupidity decided all by itself to prevent me from telling Tiffany a certain truth that wouldn't even hurt one bit . This was just plain ridiculous. I cried and cried till I had no more tears to shed and was plain exhausted. I fell asleep in the awkward position I was until the break of morning...