Chapter 13

Driving to the Destination

 Lee Teuk Pov

Days have passed silently. Donghae didn't come home at all. He left his phone and wallet in the training room. I was very extremely worried. Hae kid wouldn't be able to stand it without food. 
 
Just then I received a call. Finally.
 
I wasn't shocked . At all. Donghae was found lying on the floor of the playground at Mokpo. I sighed and set off for the hospital he was warded in .
 
"Uhm... Malnutrition. Dehydration too. His blood pressure is low as well. He has to watch his diet ." The doctor told me quietly. 
 
"Okay,  I see. Thanks doctor . It's fine to go in now right ? "
 
"Yes, it's okay. " and the doctor walked away after answering my question. 
 
I knocked on the door to Hae's room and peeked in. I could see Donghae on the bed, fast asleep . He had a tube connected to his nose. He looked so much thinner and more pale. I looked at him and as a leader, I was very upset and heartbroken to see my dongsaeng in this miserable state.  I settled into the chair beside his bed . 
 
Few hours had passed. I had fallen asleep but could sense some movement. I stretched my back and looked at Donghae . 
 
I called for the doctor and after they were done with Donghae, I went in again. This time, the tubes were removed and he was wide awake. He saw me and looked away. I knew that face all to well. Guilt was written all over it.
 
"Why?" I asked him .
 
" I don't know." 
 
" You know ." 
 
"Her" He replied simply and stared blankly at the wall.
 
"Hey, are you an idiot?! Did you even bother to try fighting with Eunhyuk for Tiffany's heart? Quit being a wuss. You know what you want." 
 
With that, I stepped out. Donghae had to think for himself . 
 
 
Donghae Pov
 
I thought hard. Thought long. Maybe, just maybe I should learn how to fight for myself. I liked Tiffany. A lot. I want her to be mine. Not Eunhyuk's, even if he was a good guy. Not anybody's but mine . 
 
Few days later,  when I was back in school , Ryeowook came to me, looking upset.
 
"HEY! WHAT HAPPENED ?! Why weren't you in school and why didn't you reply my messages ?! "
 
I told him everything and as usual when I had just finished, Tiffany walked into the class. 
 
"Donghae oppa!! Where have you been these days ? " 
 
I didn't know how to answer. Should I tell her now? Or later at the training rooms? 
 
"I went somewhere. Family problems."  I told her .
 
She patted me on my back sympathetically .
 
" I'm sorry to hear that... Take care, okay? I'll be with the others now."
 
She had friends already? I see. While I was in the hospital, she made new friends. She looked paler today. I guess it wasn't as sunny here like in California .. 
 
The bell rang, I said goodbye to Ryeowook and dropped by the dorm to change and get my bucket. It wasn't really essential but I thought I would give her a surprise. I heard that Eunhyuk wouldn't be here for at least another hour because of extra lessons so I grabbed this opportunity and went into the room that Tiffany often trained at . 
 
When I walked in, Tiffany looked up at me and gave me a weak smile. It wasn't bright as usual and I was disappointed . 
 
"Hey. I have something to tell you." I wrote on the notepad.
 
"Yes ? " she replied me with a weak voice. Was something wrong ? She did look pale . As panic settled in my stomach, I didn't think much of it and braved myself to make the confession and tell the truth about my other identity. 
 
I was about to take off my bucket but the figure in front of me dropped to the floor . 
 
*CRASH* 
 
No, no, no... This could not be happening like some television drama...
 
I thought hysterically to myself as the bucket dropped down onto the floor and I quickly knelt down beside Tiffany.  I took her by the shoulders and shook her.
 
"YAH!!! WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!" 
 
I was already crying. Seeing that shaking her was no use, I picked her up bridal style and rushed her to the nearby hospital . 
 
When the doctor came out of the room , he told me that she just had fatigue and nothing else. I thanked God for that. The only teensy problem left was that Tiffany didn't know I was Lee Bucket oppa. I quickly texted Eunhyuk and he came shortly after that . 
 
"What happened ?" He stared at her ward's door worriedly.
 
"Fainted due to fatigue. Take care of her because I'll be going. Oh, don't tell her I was the one who brought her to the hospital." I replied monotonously.
 
I walked out of the hospital with slow, heavy steps. If only I was Eunhyuk. The one who could be the hero of her heart. It was no use telling the truth anyways. I knew in my heart that Eunhyuk was a better person than me and Tiffany deserved him. And ... Besides, she won't be mine .
 
Forever .
 
 
 
 
Author Pov
Or maybe not XD.