Chapter 20

Driving to the Destination

.Donghae Pov 

I wasn't really sure if it was the right choice . I would be a jerk but I had to be selfish .. 
 
I accepted Jessica not because I liked her the same way , nor is it because of pity . But because I would use it to see if Tiffany would be jealous . Jerk I know but I had no other choice . 
 
The next few days , it was still a little bit awkward between me and Jessica. She wasn't doing anything much and I knew that as the male party , I would have to make a move first as well. 
 
"so Jessica . I'm wondering if you want to catch a movie today ? " I asked slightly shy. 
 
"yes ! " she answered immediately , almost as if she had been waiting for it for a long time.  
 
I smiled . Though I knew that asking her out would make her like me more but not asking her out would make her upset as well. It wouldn't be bad for me since I could take that I was just catching a movie with my friends. Since I was already her so called boyfriend , I had to behave like one . Thing was I don't know how. 
 
During recess I asked ryeowook for advice . 
 
"Wook.... How am I supposed to be a good boyfriend ? "
 
" you aren't one considering the reason you dated Jessica." 
 
"hey....tell me !!! " 
 
" you know you aren't being a man like that ." 
 
"YAH!"
 
"fine ... Chill ! Well you guys are still awkward right ? Since its a movie , you have to hold her hand right ?" 
 
"but ... I don't want too ." 
 
"why?"
 
"because ..."
 
"because you are dating her to make Tiffany jealous . You want to see if she will right ? " 
 
I looked away. Ryeowook came to me and patted my shoulder . 
 
"this won't last ." and he walked off.
 
I knew he was right . But How could I? Breaking it up without making any happy memory she wanted. I just went home to prepare myself . 
 
It was 6.45 pm and I was late. It would take me at least 20 minutes to get there and the movie was going to start at  7 pm. I grabbed my keys and ran out of the house . 
 
It was 7.13 when I got there . I looked around the place . My eyes picked out a familiar figure and Realised it was Jessica. 
 
"hey! " I tapped her on the shoulder. 
 
She spun around and her face glowed when she saw me . 
 
"it started already .... " she said dejectedly . 
 
"I'm so sorry.... Want to grab something to eat instead? My treat!" 
 
She nodded and I dragged her to a fast food outlet . Just like that few weeks passed , a year passed and so on. Then the news came when I was picked to debut in a rotation group called Super Junior . Did I mention my mortal enemy eunhyuk was in too?
 
Just the little time I had . I spent it all on having fun with Jessica . I wasn't even sure if Tiffany liked me or not. I had drifted away from my original purpose of dating Jessica. I still didn't like her that way but it would be so mean to just tell her " sorry let's break up." 
 
* Few months later*
 
Just another two more weeks . That was the only time I had before I say goodbye to everyone who wasn't debuting in super junior . Mean but I won't be saying any goodbyes. 
 
I went to the SME building to train for my debut . When I went into the room, I saw that my fellow super junior mates were crowding around somebody. I went behind Teukie and tapped him. He turned around .
 
"yeah ? " he asked me . 
 
I looked behind him and saw who they were crowding around . Kim. Ryeowook.  
 
What . On . Earth.
 
"Hey what's wrong ? " teuk shaked me .
 
I ignored him and went towards ryeowook . 
 
"why are you here ? " 
 
He scratched his neck . 
 
"I got casted in? Into super junior." 
 
By now everyone was looking at us. There was awkward silence for a few seconds and then I hugged him tightly . 
 
"YAY" I shouted.
 
"EW shoo don't hug me like a gay." 
 
"Too bad." 
 
I dont know how he got casted in but yay . Everything was perfect. Time passed quickly until the day of debut. I tried to talk to Jessica normally like nothing happened but she was ignoring me . Did she know ? Of course she did dumb fool . 
 
Our hair was styled and we performed on stage . Everyone cried except for Ryeowook though. I knew he felt like he didn't have a choice to cry since he trained for only two months . But I hugged him anyway. Just like that , my life started to get busier and busier . I forgot about Jessica but not Tiffany . What could I do ?