'12

You're My Nerd

“Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, is that her? Is that the one who is dating Myungsoo?"

"Yeah. I can't believe he would serious choose to date someone like that. I mean, look at her..."

As I walked through the halls I heard distant chattering and let me tell you, I would rather stick a paper bag over my head right now to avoid making eye contact with everyone. But that would obviously attract more unwanted attention.

"Ugh, where is Hyomin when I need her? And speaking of Hyomin, I wonder why she was with Dongwoo at the mall...?" I sighed as I continuously trotted down the hall to escape the piercing gazes people seemed to be giving me.

After a while, I had finally come in sight of my dorm. Eagerly increasing my speed, I suddenly collided with someone headed from the opposite direction and stumbled on to the ground.

"Jiyeon, are you okay?"

I heard a low grumble above me and feared to look up.

Why did it come to this? What did I ever do to deserve this?

As I was absorbed in my thoughts, I heard the chatters of the people surrounding us increase.

"Oh my god, just look at what she did to Myungsoo!"

WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN? LOOK AT WHAT HE DID TO ME.

"I can't believe her. How could she have had the nerve to spoil our Myungsoo's food?? I mean, that outfit looks pretty expensive for her to end up staining it with ketchup."

...WAIT WHAT? WHAT STAIN?

I quickly looked up at Myungsoo after the last comment only to see him holding a hotdog, and a little to the right of it, ketchup and mustard is found splattered everywhere on his shirt.

Colour drained from my face as I noticed how accurate their comments were in regard to how expensive his shirt appeared to be. Still kneeling there on the ground, I was absolutely frozen to the spot until Myungsoo finally grabbed onto my arm and dragged me into my dorm.

Yes, my dorm.

Wait-

How did he get access into my dorm?

"WAIT, MYUNGSOO. WHERE OR WHO THE HELL DID YOU GET A KEY TO MY DORM FROM?" I was absolutely speechless.

"Ah, don't sweat the details" he smiled innocently and urged me to sit down.

"Jiyeon, are you okay" he asked once again when we were alone.

"Well, I would have been okay if you hadn't started a rumour that we were going out,"  I sighed as I glared at him.

"That's why I'm telling you, let's make it official that we're dating, that why no one will be bothering you," Myungsoo smiled as he reached out and gently caressed my cheek.

Ah, there it is again. This feeling. My heart started pounding as I darted my eyes to and fro, before meeting his eyes again.

"..but, none of this would have even happened if you hadn't carelessly announced such things in the first place. Why would you even want to associate  with me, Myungsoo?"

I had finally said it. I had finally gotten out what had been on my mind ever since the very first day I met him. I glanced at him as he paused for a moment, before continuing on without any hesitation.

"I find you interesting, that's why. I want to get to know you more, Jiyeon...is that no good?" he whispered in a low voice as he inched closer to me.

"I- I just don't understand what you would see in me" I stammered as I turned my head away from his intense gaze.

That's right. I had no reason to actually object so strongly to his suggestion, but I was scared. What does a person really feel in their heart? I was always afraid of opening up my heart in fear of someone coming along the way and breaking it, but.... I won't run away any more than I have.

I took a breath and opened my mouth.

"All right. I will date you but you have to promise me that no matter what, you won't abandon me." I stared into his eyes as I stated this.

He looked taken back at first, then regained his composure and smiled, "Yes, I will promise you that. And I will work hard to earn your trust, Jiyeon."

I felt calm as he reached out and wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace. Perhaps I was too caught up in the moment but I had finally came to my senses as I suddenly felt his body shake.

Wait a minute-

I got out of his arms and looked down at my shirt to notice, yes, the very same ketchup and mustard stain that had been on his shirt, was now all over my hair and shirt.

I looked up but it was too late. Myungsoo was already out the door laughing, while he yelled, "See you later! By the way, you're paying for a new shirt!"

"MYUNGSOO, ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE." 

I wore an exasperated expression on my face as I thought to myself, 'What have I just gotten myself into?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-crickets chirping- Ahem, first off I would like to apologize to not updating in a very, very long time. You all probably have forgotten about this, or y'all probably hate me now LOL I'M SORRY

I felt pressured by a lot of things so eventually, it was too much to handle so, I took a long hiatus. I won't say that I will be dropping this but I will say that please understand that I will only be updating this when I have the chance to. I am also sorry that my chapters are short, I really am trying my best.

I am thankful to those who still support me, though! I'm sorry if I steer into another direction with this fanfic - it's been years and I have no idea where this is headed anymore but i'm trying my best.

Thank you again! Hope you enjoy <3