`01

You're My Nerd

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
― André Gide

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Look at that ugly girl”

“Who does she think she is still showing her face in this school?”

“She’s hideous! Now I know why no one likes her”

I ignored all the comments as I continued walking down the hallway to the library.

“Ah, finally some peace and quiet” I muttered as I took out my earphones and started to read.

“Jiyeon-ah! Jiiiiiiiiiyeon-ah” I heard muffled voices calling my name as I shot my head up revealing Hyomin. I unplugged the earphones from my ears as I greeted her. Hyomin was my first and best friend that I made here. Although she’s older than me, she’s always been here for me.

“I can’t believe that we’re not in the same class this year! That means I won’t be able to look out for you in class if someone starts to bully you again” she whined as she looked at me with worried eyes.

“Hyomin-ah! Don’t worry about me, I can take care of myself. Besides, I can’t always rely on you if I need help, right?” I assured her that it was okay. We then headed our separate ways. I stopped as I arrived in front of my classroom and let out a big sigh. *I can do this* I thought to myself as I entered the room. I made my way to the chair before they noticed me and sat down. A few minutes later, a guy suddenly approached me and sat down beside me. I started feeling insecure as I heard the students in the room talk bad about me.

“Ew! Why is she sitting beside our Myungsoo?”

“She should move or else”

I ignored them as the teacher came in and started the lesson. I felt a bit awkward with him beside me because I didn’t know who he was; all I knew was his name.

“Annyeong, I’m Park Jiyeon, but you can just call me Jiyeon” I whispered as I slightly bowed to him. After a moment of silence, he finally spoke up.

“Listen, it’s nice of you to introduce yourself, but I’m in the middle of listening to a lesson and you’re being loud. Just because you think you’re smart and you don’t need to pay attention to what’s going on doesn’t mean that you should disrupt. Now shut up and let me listen” He whispered coldly as he turned and started listening again.

*What.The.Hell? Wow he’s rude. He may be popular but I seriously hate that attitude of his. I shouldn’t have even talked to him in the first place. How can he even say that to me? I know I’m a nerd, but doesn’t he even think before he speaks?* I rolled my eyes and glared at him before turning my attention back to the teacher.  After school ended, I left and headed to the library. As soon as I found a place to sit, I took out today’s homework and started working on it. I noticed someone coming as they sat across from me. I slowly looked up and saw Myungsoo. *, out of all the tables, he chose to sit here?* I ignored him and continued to work. After a few minutes, I started getting nervous as I felt someone stare at me. I cautiously looked up and noticed Myungsoo staring at me.

“Yah, how did you solve that question?” he asked me as he scratched his head. I pointed to the question and he nodded. I then started explaining to him as I was looking down. He sat there staring at me with a frustrated expression on his face. Without knowing, I looked up to find Myungsoo’s face only inches from mine. He was actually really handsome despite him being such a jerk. My cheeks suddenly felt warm and I knew that I was blushing.

“Yah, why are your cheeks so red? Is it hot in here or something?” He said out loud. Oh my god. Does he have no shame? How can someone suddenly say that? Ugh, so embarrassing… He really doesn’t think when he talks.

“It’s not, you’re just hallucinating. Anyways, please pay attention to the question so we can finish since I’m sure that you wouldn’t want to be seen with an ugly nerd like me.” I said as I looked at him.

“I don’t care if you’re a nerd or not-“ He said as he paused. Huh, maybe he isn’t such a bad per-

“I just need someone to help me finish this so it doesn’t really matter if they’re ugly or not as long as I pass class” he finished.

I take that back… he’s a bad person.

As I gave him a question for him to solve, I noticed that he scratched his head in frustration. I stared at him in disbelief. This is… going to be one long school year…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello~ First chapter is up, hope it isn't too short. Anyways I'll be updating again soon when I have time. 사랑해<3