six.

Bound and Broken

Six.

 

Simon ran through the corridors, looking for the bed. A nurse on duty looked at him and puts a finger on her lips, signalling Simon to keep the noise level down. It is night after all.

Simon found the bed number he was looking for. he peers through the glass on the door. Is that really Aurora? he thought to himself…. With shaking hands he turns the door handle and slowly steps inside. 

Her eyes closed, she has one hand in a cast. Her ankle is bandaged as well. Even though she was asleep, she looked uncomfortable.

Simon walks towards her bed. Gingerly, he sweeps her hair away from her face. "Aurora… What happened to you?" Simon whispered to his sleeping friend, "You were always a safe rider. How did this happen? Have u any idea how worried i was."

Simon sighed. He is relieved that the injuries are not as bad as he feared. He still needs to talk to the doctor. Aurora is here, alone. Her parents passed away when they were in college. She is basically, alone without family. Arrangements has to be made. She can't possibly manage herself, at least for the next few weeks or so. 

With all the worry in his head, Simon leans forward and lightly pecks Aurora's brow. "I'll be back tomorrow babe. U better be up and explain to me everything." Simon whispered.

Dari stood at the door frame, observing his friend and the girl he has wronged unintentionally. There's something about the whole scene that bothers him. For a moment, he almost wished that he was the one kissing her forehead.

Dari shakes the thoughts out of his head.

***
 
"Aurora has multiple fractures on her right arm. She has fracture on her rib as well, and she dislocated her ankle. She has multiple bruises on her body, arms and legs. Thankfully she was wearing jeans, jacket and a full faced helmet when they found her. If not, she could have been injured much worse. Even though her injuries will most probably heal, she still needs a lot of assistance for the time being. And she might need to go through pysiotherapy too."
 
Simon and Dari nod their heads as they listen intently to what the Doctor is saying… both relieved that her physical wounds will eventually heal.