eleven.

Bound and Broken

eleven.

 

"Dari Oppa, aren't I supposed to be hurt after a break up? I'm sad, yes. But I feel relieved. Like a huge stone lifted off my chest," Audrey asks the guy lying next to her on the grass. They've been meeting up regularly since that day Dari pulled her away from Aurora's door. They will sit by the riverside, and will have simple innocent conversations till the sun goes down. Audrey doesn't complain much. But with Dari, she feels at ease. Audrey can rant about Simon, and Aurora and just about anything. Dari never ridicules her, even when she comes up with totally out of this world conspiracy theories. He is a good listener, a good companion.
 
Dari sat up, and said "My dear Audrey, Love takes years to form.There's no such thing as Love at first sight. You can fall for a person in an instant, yes. You have a crush, you get infatuated. But you take years to learn to love a person. Love is much more complex than you and I can ever imagine. You like Simon, no doubt you do. And he likes you too...But he loves
Aurora. He just hasn't realised it yet... Love is pure and true. By letting go of Simon, you're being selfless... I'm proud of you..."
 
"Well... Aurora Unnie is a great person... She deserves to be loved. She's gone through so much pain. When she told me her story, I was so shocked. I understand why Simon is so protective over her..." Audrey replies.
 
"What story? Am I missing something here?" Dari asks, a bit baffled.
 
Audrey casually replied "You know, about how she was when she was 15, and how Simon found her and helped her get back,and how she freaks out every time a guy touches her and......." Audrey stopped mid sentence. The look on Dari's face clearly states that that is new information to him. Audrey covers instinctively. She realised that probably Aurora might not have told anyone about it.
 
"No. I don't know. none of the boys too..." Dari replies as he takes her hand that's covering , and held it in his warm hands.
 
"I thought you guys knew... Oh shucks...."
 
"It's ok. I won't tell anyone. You shouldn't too... but Wow. Aurora..." Dari responded. Now he knows why Aurora acted the way she did that night he was drunk at the club. He was being such an . He mentally punched himself in the face....
 
"I wonder if Unnie will ever open up to Simon... I wonder if Simon will ever realise that he loves Unnie...And I wonder if I will find someone to love..." Audrey said, as she frees her hand from Dari, and hugs her knees close to her chest.
 
Dari repositions himself, puts one arm around Audrey, and rests his chin on her shoulder. Dari's face is next to Audrey's. Audrey can feel Dari's heart beating. Audrey is surprised by the sudden closeness, but there is something unusually calming about his touch. As both of them look out into the distance, he says, "Maybe, you won't have to look so far. Maybe someone is already learning to love you as you are..."
 
***
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Final Chapter coming soon...... :)