five.

Bound and Broken

five.

 

A few weeks has passed since the incident. Aurora has been keeping herself busy with work. She tries to make herself as tired as possible, in hope of falling asleep easy. She meets Simon every time Simon asks her out, but Aurora don't want to be a bother. Simon has Audrey. Audrey is an Australian girl he met. Simon never said that they were together, but they've been going out for two weeks now. She's a great girl, and Aurora feels like Simon should give all of his attention to her, coz she feels that Audrey's a keeper.

Alone in her tiny apartment, the darkness of night engulfs aurora as she let her eyelids close. She needs to fall asleep, but she's afraid. Every time she closes her eyes, images from the past starts to haunt her. Toying with her mind. She's stuck in a labyrinth. Wherever she moves, she'll end up in the same place. Over and over again. She opens her eyes and reaches out for the blade, whose place is now in the drawer of the bedside table. Now a routine, she lets the blade touch the skin of her left shoulder. New wounds forming on top of old ones. The wounds feel warm. It's weird. The pain is comforting for her. She grabs pops a sleeping pill and put her self to sleep. Hugging herself as she force herself to sleep, concentrating on the physical pain, praying that those voices won't come again. Tomorrow is yet, another day.

 

***

Simon paced around in the dorm's living room. He just sent Audrey home from their movie date. He has been having this uneasy feeling for a few days now. He can't quite put a finger on it. On top of that, Aurora hasn't replied to any of his messages for three whole days. She has been busy, he knows, but she has never not replied to his messages for three consecutive days… 

Daniel and Jeesu, Simon's dorm mates are sitting at the dining table, having their instant Ramyeon, watching in amusement as their hyung pace the living room.

"Hyung, you're gonna bore a hole in the ground. AND you're gonna lose your nail if u continue biting it like that." Jeesu mumbled as he chew his food.

Dari, who happened to be from the kitchen, hit the back of his dongsaeng's head and said "Yah. Don't talk with your mouth full. Finish up your food and go to sleep. You guys have uni tomorrow."

"Ne hyung" both Daniel and Jeesu said in unison as they gobbled the remains in their bowls.

As soon as the two younger members left, Dari sat on the couch opposite Simon and asked, "Whats up? what's bothering you?"

Simon scratches his head and said, " I dunno hyung. Something is bothering me. I don't know what," frustration evident in his voice.

Dari asked again," Is it Audrey?"

Simon shook his head, "Nah. Audrey is fine. She's great."

Dari paused for a little while, " Is it Aurora? You know, I noticed she's been zoning of quite often nowadays. I mean, she doesn't really talk to me much nowadays. You know, after THAT incident… and.. and I totally understand why. I was such an ."

Simon replied "You noticed that too? *Sigh* She hasn't answered my call at all for three days now. I can't deny that I'm worried. Aish.. chincha…."

Just then, Simon's phone rang. An unknown number flashed on the screen.  "Hello there. My name is Inati. I'm a staff nurse at iSenter Hospital. I'm calling regarding a patient... Aurora"

Simon's knee grew weak, it buckled and he slumped to the floor. He wanted to ask so many questions but he couldn't speak. There's a heavy binge in his stomach. His heart hurt so bad he can't explain it.

"Sir, well, the patient met with a motorcycle accident three nights ago. Until this morning, she was unconscious. I was told to contact you to inform you of the accident." the voice said again.

Simon cleared his throat. "what.. what's her ward no. which hospital is she in. Is she stable? Is she ok? is it bad? How bad is it?"

"The patient is conscious. She has a few broken bones,  but so far there seem to be no internal injuries. We are still monitoring her situation. She's in iSenter Hospital, Ward 85, Bed 22. "

"Thank You" Simon said hastily and hung up the phone without a chance for the other party to say goodbye.

Simon looked to Dari and said "Hyung. Lend me your car……."

Dari threw Simon his coat, grabbed his own, and said "No. I'm driving. You're in no state of mind to drive. Explain to me the details in the car."

***