three

Bound and Broken

three.

 

Dari is awaken by the sun rays peeking through the roller blinds of his room. He tries to open his heavy lidded eyes and sees a younger jeesu getting dressed. "Jeesu, why am i in ur bed? And argh. My head hurts like !" Dari exclaims.


"You were pissed drunk last night," jeesu said as a matter of factly. "I... I was? Did I do anything stupid? " Dari asked, coz it seemed to feel like something was wrong.

"Well.... your actions weren't exactly wrong per say .... u were trying to hook up w a girl... as per normal... the problem is... Who u chose." Jeesu said casually as he buttons up his shirt.

Dari sat up from e bed. Eyes wide open. "Who was I flirting with last night???? "

Jeesu scoffed at the question. "U were really pissed drunk weren't u? Go ask Simon hyung. He's mad at u. I gotta go." With that jeesu grabbed his coat n left A hungover Dari confused.

***

Dari stepped out of the shower. Feeling slightly better, the throbbing in his head slowly subsiding. He was drying his hair when it suddenly hit him. "AURORA?!" He exclaimed. "No it can't be,"he thought to himself. "Aurora is Simon's buddy. She's almost one of us. She wears pants all the time! She's not even y n not my type? No.... I wouldn't.... "

Dari rush to the kitchen where he finds Simon sipping a cup of coffee while reading the news on his iPad. "Simon... did I flirt with Aurora last night? " Dari asked, eyes full of worry and confusion.

"Tsk. Flirt? You threw her back in the black hole she tried so hard to escape from, " was what Simon wanted to say. Instead, he ignored Dari's question, pretending he didn't hear any of it. Simon kept Aurora's secret for 10 whole years. He's not gonna reveal it now, even though it might make the situation less complicated.

"So.... did I? Simon, jeesu said you're mad at me? What happened? I need to know. I was really pissed drunk last night... I....I can't recall anything. " Dari asked, head hung low... Guilt and confusion evident in his voice.

Simon sighed. He knows his hyung is a good man... he knows Dari would never intentionally hurt Aurora. "U made a move on Aurora last night. I don't know exactly what u did. But Aurora got upset. She left hastily. I sent her home. She'll be Ok." The last part was obviously a lie. Simon knows he has to keep a close eye on Aurora. She was a depressive.

Dari 's face scrunched w concentration, trying to remember as much as he can about last night. And then he remembered "simon, I remembered something about.... if she hurts herself again....will she be Ok?"

Simon put his coffee down, looked Dari in the eyes and calmly said,"Look, hyung. It's not my place to try to explain what happened coz im not too sure myself. But just know that Aurora is not like other girls. If u wanna apologise to her, go ahead... just .... just keep a comfortable distance. Don't eat into her personal physical space." Simon stands up, puts his now empty cup in the sink, n dragged his feet back to his room.

"What... the... hell... was that... all about " Dari said to himself. He don't know what he has done. Yesterday's memory is fragmented n blurred... and diluted with the excessive amount of alcohol he consumed .... Right now he feels like he needs to clarify with Aurora. But what to clarify? He doesn't know. Right now, he's even more Confused than before.