four.

Bound and Broken

four.

 

Aurora steps out of the shower. Her head still throbbing. The sleeping pills helped her sleep. But her sleep was not undisturbed. She could not remember what she dreamt about, but she knew it was unpleasant. As she towel dries her hair, she picks her phone up from the floor. She must have kicked it as she tossed and turned last night… She opens a new message. it was from Simon. 

"Morning sunshine. Hope you're feeling better. Remember to pick up your bike from the club. Anyway, just to remind you to always smile,
coz it makes it easier to get through the day… Text me when you're up ok? and maybe meet me for lunch?"

Simon. Aurora can always depend on him. Most of the time, it is her who babies Simon. Picking him up from soccer practice, reminding him to not skip lunch, nagging at him for hooking up with the wrong kind of girls… and the list goes on. But when push comes to shove, Simon is always there for her, and she is thankful for it… She also remembers how Simon was there and he was the one who found her… broken and alone. He befriended her and kept her secret, and never asked any questions.

"Morning. I'm feeling better now. Thanks. I'm heading there right now. I can't do lunch, i'm sorry. I'm going to drop over the office to pick up new
projects. Maybe some other time? Anyway, don't worry. I"m always ok. Sorry for freaking you out yesterday. You know I'll always be ok. :)"

She typed the message and sent it, only to be greeted by an almost instantaneous reply.

"Alright. Aurora.. just remember, you don't have to be strong alone all the time. You're allowed to break sometimes. and know that I'm always
a call away…"

 

***

Simon looks at his phone. "Aish this girl," he sighed to himself "always pretending to be strong". On the outside, Aurora acts like she's all that, but on the inside, she's more fragile than any girl he knows. He puts on his headphones and continues to try and do his job, without getting distracted by worry.

***

Aurora pays the cab fare and walks to the alley of the club. She sees a familiar figure, sitting on the curb with his Suzuki DRZ 400, next to her Duke 200. He was tapping his feet, looking anxious as his fingers fiddles with his phone.

"Dari," Aurora calls out quietly. 

Dari stands up immediately upon hearing someone whisper his name. He started shifting his weight between his two long legs, scratching the back of his head with one hand. "Yo," he says awkwardly as he walks towards Aurora, remembering to keep a reasonable distance.

"Look," Dari says "I'm s..sorry bout last night. I… I don't remember what I did. I don't remember what I said. I was just dead drunk and stupid. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I really didn't intend to… really really… I…"

"It's ok" Aurora interrupted. "Don't worry bout it. You were drunk. You didn't know who you were hitting on. I get it. You're forgiven." Aurora smiles the most sincere smile she could muster at that moment.

Aurora put her keys into the ignition and started the bike… She knows she has to warm her bike up before riding off, but at this moment, she couldn't care less if her piston jams up on her. She just wants to get out of the awkward situation. She has a crush on Dari. He was always sweet, and caring, and funny, and there is something about him that draws her to him, and she doesn't know what it is. To her, Dari is just… Dari. But at this point of time, Dari just reminds her of the past she tries so hard to forget, and she wants to get away. She needs to…She is afraid she will break again.

Dari starts up his bike too. "I'll, you home." Dari says, picking up his full-faced helmet.

"Don't worry 'bout it. I'm heading to work. See ya." With a wave, Aurora kicks into gear and rode off. 

Dari should be happy that Aurora forgave her, but he's not. He feels something amiss. He wants to know exactly what he did. As of right now, he feels guilt like he never felt before, even though Aurora has forgiven him. The day has been one big confusion after another… and it is making Dari uneasy.

_________________________

 

Author's Notes:

Thanks for reading for those who've read. I haven't really written a fic before, so i'm still trying to figure things out as I go along.

And yeah. I'm a bike freak. So i'm gonna intro to you guys the 2 bikes that I mentioned just now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is the KTM Duke 200. That's Aurora's ride.
It looks like a muscle machine, but it's not. It's just 200cc.
But it sure looks AND sounds y.

This is the Suzuki DRZ 400 Mortard.
Looks good when tall guys ride it. :)

 

And.. as mentioned… Comments are welcomed :)