#11

I'm Yours

"Okay. Goo Hara is the mom and Yong Junhyung is the dad right?", the nurse asked while walking them down the hall, looking through papers.

"Yes.", Junhyung answered.

"Alright, just making sure. Are you guys excited about finding out the gender?", the nurse asked nicely.

"Of course!", Hara replied back happily.

The nurse smiled and they finally got to the ultrasound room. The doctor didn't arrive yet so the nurse started out by telling her to lay down and pulled up her shirt so they can check the stomach. Hara's stomach was really bloated for a 17 week pregnant woman. And the reason why is because it's a twin. Even though she will gain more weight and have double the pain, it's all worth it. That's what Junhyung would always tell Hara. 

The doctor finally came in and greeted them. He looked through the computer to confirm everything and he asked Hara questions about how she felt and all. That took awhile then they finally got started. The nurse applied jelly on Hara's stomach and the check up started. The doctor examined the screen for awhile, moved the thing around to see different views of it. It was quiet for a minute or two. Junhyung also looked at the screen to try to figure out but couldn't really tell himself. The doctor finally spoke out. 

"You guys ready to know this exciting news?", said the doctor as he turned to look at Junhyung and Hara. 

They nodded.

"Congratulations, it's a boy and a girl.", the doctor told them. 

Hara squeezed Junhyung's hand tightly and smiled. "Boy and a girl...wow.. That's exactly how we wanted.", Hara said quietly. 

Hara realized that Junhyung wasn't saying anything. She looked at him and she couldn't believe what she saw. She could definitely tell he was crying! Tears came out his eyes and he smiled big. 

"Oppa, are you crying??", Hara asked surprisingly. The doctor and nurse all turned to look at him and grinned. 

"N...no! I..I'm..n..no..not!", Junhyung stuttered while drying his eyes.

Hara laughed. 

"Almost all fathers cried when they heard about their child's gender. It's tears of joy.", the doctor told them. 

Junhyung nodded. 

The doctor showed them why the baby was a boy and a girl. They could definitely see why it was a boy. And the other one was a girl because it didn't have that certain bodypart that boys had. 

 

"Okay, you guys come back in about 2-3 weeks if you want to see them clearly and we will let you guys hear the babies' heartbeats.", the nurse explained while Hara & Junhyung walked down the hall to go home now. 

"Alright and in 2-3 weeks, I would be like 19-20 weeks pregnant right?", Hara asked just in case. 

The nurse looked through the clipboard and nodded. "Yes. 19-20 weeks, about 4-5 monthes pregnant."

"Wow...time goes by so fast...and when do most women give birth? I know it's like 10 monthes but in weeks.", Junhyung asked curiously. 

"It's mostly between 37-44 weeks in average.", the nurse replied. "But it's different for all women.", she continued. 

Hara and Junhyung nodded and thanked her. They bowed and walked out of the hospital. Junhyung and Hara still couldn't believe it. Boy and a girl. That's like awesome. They just couldn't wait to tell their parents. They knew they would be excited like they are.