Chapter 13

Choice

 

 

The people in town were happy and living with the fertile land that started to give them food, they didn’t even worry for ask for the High Priest, and the woman who want to marry just were to the temple to pray, because even when they wanted to meet the High Priest, they were told that he was very busy, but the true was… he was nowhere to be found.

Kyuhyun was walking from side to the side of the room, that room that once was Eunhyuk’s, the one when the window towards the garden and his heart sank at the memory of months ago.

The eyes of Eunhyuk, those beautiful eyes showing no other emotion than regret and Kyuhyun bit his lower lip and grunted frustrated while pulling his hais behind the amused stares of Ryeowook, Shindong, Top, Youngbae, and Heechul.

Then Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, and he wanted to chuckle, because there was no more a Pyeha, but JiYong, it was kind of hilarious and not sad how things ended that day.

How he shout soundless for Eunhyuk, how he gripped his sword being blinded by hate and how he ended up shoving his sword through his Pyeha heart, the last thing Kyuhyun remembers is Jiyong shouting the name of that low person and he feels remorse, not for killing him but for killing someone Jiyong loved or at least care for.

Even so, neither the guards not even the blue dragon came to help his Pyeha and he laid down lifeless under the sky and in his son’s arms, and Kyuhyun though… that this kind of death was a very good one comparison at how bad he was, but then again, no always bad people has bad endings, and returning to his thoughts of why Jiyong wasn’t there because was ruling the four countries or more than trying to rule them, because he really didn’t want what his father left him, and less because was tainted by blood and innocent sacrifices.

“Just snap out and ing tell us how we find him!!!” Heechul yelled, and Kyuhyun turned to the petite man but he was not talking to him but to Top that had his gaze lowered and was by his corporal expression; uncomfortable.

“I… can’t”

Heechul stood of his seat and grimaced.

“You can’t, you’re a high level demon and you’re telling me you ing can’t?!!!”

It was then when Youngbae stepped ahead and smiling sadly he explained.

“Demons and gods have two different worlds connected but asides too and if a demon want to visit holy place…” Youngbae trailed off and Heechul as Kyhyun grew impatient, so Youngbae continue “the demon needs to kill an innocent being, and well… Eunhyuk wouldn’t want that, so…”

Youngbae just stared at the floor.

Heechul fell flatly on the chair of wood.

Ryeowook held his almost falling tears.

Top sighed and wanted to go and hug the half-god but was unsure, so he stood on his place.

Kyuhyun stare was lost as a twist on his stomach was starting to became bigger and a burning sensation on his eyes were almost exposed, but he held everything and walked to the door, ready to leave when a white-pink glowing light started to appear and Shindong that was lost in his thoughts widened his eyes, murmuring.

“You’re here?”

Then the light turned into a person, showing an injured Sungmin with a soft sad smile on his lips while nodding.

“I can let you cross the path but…” Sungmin bit his lower lip “you can never return if you fail and you know…” this time Sungmin gaze was on the demons “you know the consequences”

Top and Youngbae nod as well as Ryeowook, because what does it matter their life if they can have their savior fine, and more than anything; Youngae and Ryeowook owned his life to Eunhyuk while Top was just caring for his promise to Heechul; freed Eunhyuk, but not the way Heechul wanted, even if that meant Heechul will hate him, but it was for the best.

“What consequences?” asked Kyuhyun and Heechul nodded, a bit irritated to agree with the other male.

Sungmin shrugged and say nothing.

“Siwon started the ritual and Eunhyuk will lose his body and heart in few hours”

The presents widened his eyes and hurried the god to left then cross the path, but then Shindong remembered something while watching Kyuhyun and he gaped, gaining all attention on him.

“What?” asked annoyed Heechul. Shindong then blinked.

You know, even if you’re cold, you’re still pretty, so… mind telling me your name?

The place was full of snow and a tree on something rounded by white and the houses… why the houses were tall and make by methal, why Kyuhyun was with… Eunhyuk?

And those strange clothes that weren’t their hanfu.

Shindong blinked again at his vision and stared intensely at Kyuhyun, so Sungmin chuckled.

“You saw it” was a statement and Shindong nodded confused, wanting to ask why and how he could see that so clearly even when his vision always were blue, and then his heart sank… why Eunhyuk seemed so lonely at that vision? But when Shindong turned to Sungmin, the latter shook his head.

“It doesn’t concern us, because isn’t our time, it’s their future” a one of many years and centuries ahead of ours. Sungmin held his last thought and then he watched Kyuhyun who watched him back puzzled and Sungmin started to said.

“The curse of his clan is the capability of choose”

Everyone was startled less Heechul, who just only lowered his gaze.

While other gods just had to do their duty, the clan of Eunhyuk has the blessing or the curse, it depends how you see it, to choose if they want to be free and left his divinity behind or become the most powerful gods and left behind his memories, his feelings and his humanity”

“Humanity, but if he is a god, he wasn’t human in first place, right?”

Asked Kyuhyun really confused and exasperated.

“No, but he has human form, if he choose his duty, he will forget about you and become an entity, but since he is the last and pure one, he will become an empty shell, and not a real entity but a vessel for the main god of this land, and the one who the wealth gods gave his devotion long time ago; The Dragon God”

“That’s really the cursed?”

Asked again Kyuhyun and the other remained silent while shaking his head in negation.

“Their kind have two curses, the first one that is taking like a blessing is for all the tribe, the second one is just for the head of the clan, and that’s the real curse and the one that Heechul had to take but since he can’t fulfill being the receptor of the cursed now, then it will be Eunhyuk”

“What is the curse?”

“I can’t tell you that, only Heechul can tell you”

All gazes were on Heechul as he bit his lip and with trembling voice he started to talk almost in a whisper.

“The curse is to kill the one that you love the most and give the heart of that person to the god of gods or…” Heechul voice was still low, but tears left his eyes “self-sacrifice by extracting his own heart of his body and give it to the Dragon-God in tribute to bring wealth at the clan and at the land that the god protects. If that is not do it, then the land will be dry and infertile again and the people is going to start to die”

Sungmin then interrupt Heechul and said;

“But that can be stopped if a human that truly loves the wealth god kill him, then the curse will be erased and the god will reborn like a human, but…” Sungmin sighed and continue watching Kyuhyun “he will reborn with a cursed heart”.

“What does that even meant?” asked Kyuhyun almost yelling and Sungmin intense stare was on the dark brown orbs of Kyuhyun.

“He will never be able to love the one he wants or any person, because those persons will die and when he will confess his feelings…” he will die.

 “What?” Kyuhyun asked again and then Shindong patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

“That doesn’t matter, because every curse has a spell to break it”

Kyuhyun nodded and a path of light was suddenly rounding all of them as Sungmin smiled to them with sadness on his eyes.

“I leave him to you”

As the path lead them to the land of gods, Sungmin started to disappear into thin air, his existence being erased from this world as the demons just watched the god that once fell in love with no a full god and not even a human; with Eunhyuk.

 

 

 

A/N: This is almot the end, I'm sad because this was my first fic, but happy because I will finish it soon, so thank you for all your support and reading this. And sorry of this seems rushed, it's not, it was really like this on my mind, still, I hope you like it ^^