Chocolate Eyes

Standing Out of the Crowd

Sun Hi POV:

To say that I was terrified of what would happen should I choose to dance would probably win an award for “Biggest Understatement of the Year.” However, it would also have been a vast understatement had I said that I did not WANT to dance my heart out, right here and now, on this strange stage, surrounded by strange (and scary) fangirls, with this even stranger boy.

As I continued to watch him, Taemin, dance, the feeling of my own reflection taunting me through this boy, began to increase rapidly, especially when he stopped his movements, looking at me expectantly. The rational, logical part of my brain told me: “Do not dance…you are not ready and it’s dangerous. You know you could go into remission, and just because you beat it once, doesn’t mean you can accomplish that feat again.” Yet, whilst my brain warned me against doing what I desired, my heart forced my body into motion, against all of my better judgment.

As I drifted fluidly across the dance floor, my protesting mind fell suddenly silent, leaving only the rush of adrenaline as my body moved with the melody of the music. Twirling past Taemin, I noted a gleam in his eyes, a lustful undertone that I hadn’t noticed before, though I had noticed his intense gaze on me the ENTIRE time he danced his part of the duet…Ha. And he thought he was being subtle.

Within seconds though, I became entangled in the web of the melody, forgetting all of the self-berating thoughts of the previous minute of my life. Lost as I was in the music, I jolted in surprise as I felt strong arms latch onto me. Taemin, apparently, had snuck up behind me and when I spun, grabbed me, gripping my waist with his right hand, his left grasping my left hand. Is he trying to waltz or something? Weird kid…

That’s when he started to lead, pulling me back, then left, then forward, then right…Omo~ He really was waltzing with me…I felt self-conscious again, grateful when a voice, one of the other SHINee members, apparently, screamed: “The music is over! Why are you still standing there pabo?! You are done with your solo, so get the hell off the stage!”

Flushed with relief, I stepped back from the maknae dancer, noting with interest the look on his face as he glared at the dinosaur-ish SHINee member (Jonghyun?) who had yelled for us to get off of the stage. You know that saying: “If looks could kill…?” Well, if they could, I could only assume that Jonghyun (I think?) would be burning with the intensity of a thousand suns right about now.

I began to walk off stage, heading back to my seat next to Yun Hae in the front row, but ended up jumping about 6 inches into the air as I felt a powerful grip on my arm. I turned quickly. The maknae, who apparently had more backbone that I would have given him credit for based on his angelic appearance, had grabbed my arm in an attempt to prevent me from escaping this hell that is idol-dom.

“Yah!” I shouted, “What are you doing babo?! Let go of me!” I struggled to remove myself from his grasp, but it seemed that this boy possessed more strength than his body let on, and he refused to release me. Not only did he MANHANDLE me, he also decided that it was a good idea to drag me backstage, causing an uproar among the fans. I think I heard one say: “Why does she get to go backstage?!?! I’m the one with a shrine dedicated to him!!!” Man, fangirls are seriously scary sometimes…

After dragging my seriously pissed off backstage, he turned to look at me and said:

“If I let go of your arm, will you run away?”

Aish! This kid! What’s his problem anyway? Doesn’t he know that kidnapping is illegal? “Probably,” I told him quite truthfully.

“Well, damn. I was hoping you would just cooperate…” What the hell? What’s he trying to do, get imprisoned?!

“Yah! Cooperate with what?” I yelled, my voice pitching higher as I ran through the possibilities in my head: He could be a ! Wait…no, that wouldn’t make any sense because with a face like his, he could get any girl he wanted without having to force them. He’s a serial killer! Nah…surely they would’ve caught it on camera by now, I mean, he is an idol after all. Maybe he’s a masochist? Yeah, that must be it. He’s masochistic and wants to go to jail to punish himself for some imagined wrongdoing.

“I just want to ask you something…” Taemin replied calmly, his deep brown eyes gazing mesmerizingly into my own. They were such a lovely color…like chocolate, but richer…wait, what am I saying?! I shook my head, trying to erase those ridiculous thoughts from my mind.

Apprehensive, I said, “What do you want to ask me…?”

Looking slightly embarassed, he responded, “I wanted to ask…will you…will you be my dance partner?” My mind went blank.