Interrupted

Standing Out of the Crowd

Taemin’s POV:

“I-I-erm…what’s your-um…how are-…why…uh, would you like to dance with me?” Oh. . Why did I just say that?!?! Stupid Taemin! I thought, not only did I sound like an idiot in front of the girl I had become practically obsessed with in a matter of seconds, but my face was changing color…to a lovely shade of tomato red…and everyone, literally everyone, in the concert hall was staring DIRECTLY AT ME.

And unfortunately, that “everyone” also included my hyungs…which included Key-umma…who had a look that said “I know exactly what’s going on here, and we will be talking about it later…” Jjong looked, well he just looked like a dinosaur, but hey, what else is new? Minho…was smirking?! Oh, I’m so getting him back for that look later…Onew, ditzy leader-nim, was simply staring at me in shock and confusion, which didn’t last long, turning back into contentedness, meaning that he was probably thinking about chicken again.

So here I am, looking like a fool, and this girl, she’s giving me the strangest look. But then again, I did just blurt out “do you wanna dance with me” sooooo…if she didn’t give me a weird look, then that would be pretty unusual. To my great surprise, she actually accepted my outstretched hand (which was starting to go numb from holding it out towards her awkwardly for like a minute and a half). I hauled her up on stage with me, grabbing both of her hands to be sure that she didn’t fall. I probably held onto her for longer than absolutely necessary, but even when my brain said “Don’t hold on too long and freak her out…you idiot! What are you doing??? Let go of her already!!!,” my body just didn’t want to obey the command to release this beautiful girl from my grasp.

I think she noticed too, ‘cause she gently pulled her hands away, blushing in the most adorable way possible as she did so. Oh God, I groaned inwardly, this girl will be the death of me, I can tell already. I barely know her, and I’d jump in front of a bus to save her. Not that situations like that actually happen outside of dramas, of course.

She looked at me expectantly, waiting for something…oh! Right, dancing. That’s what I’m supposed to be doing right now. ^^’ I turned and motioned to the sound guys to play the duet I’d been working on, not that I actually had a partner or anything, I was planning on just seeing if one of the SNSD noonas wanted to do it with me (the dance! Not that other thing you’re thinking of…stop thinking dirty thoughts, that’s not what I meant, and you know it).

At first, I hesitated, wondering how I would appear to this girl…would she think me good, or just scoff and say “My boyfriend can do better,” because, surely, a girl this lovely must have a boy, quite possibly more than one, who adores her to no end. Oh wait…that would be me. Hehe. Riiiight…the music’s been playing for about 15 seconds now…I should really start dancing soon…like…right…now!

I focused all, well almost all (part of me was still concentrating on reading the girl’s emotions), of my energy on the dance and the choreography that I had come up with over the past few weeks. As I listened to the music though, another melody played in my mind…whispering of romance and happiness…so I forgot all of the moves that I had worked so hard to perfect over the last three weeks and let my body absorb the feeling of sereneness that flowed through me as I gazed upon the wonderful visage of this lovely girl…Through my movements, I possessed the ability to express my feelings in ways that my lips, no matter how artful and eloquent they may be, could never achieve. I started out moving rather slowly, then my speed began to build as the expression of my feeling changed from serenity to excitement at having found the one I knew I was destined to be with. I twirled and spun, dipping down and leaping into the air, twisting all the while; the music had taken on a life of its own, through me.

To my audience, I would seem to be immersed my dance, yet the entire time, throughout the jumping and spinning, my eyes had never the girl’s face. It captivated me in ways that I had once believed only music could; she mesmerized me with her beauty, causing the rhythmic pounding of my heart to fall into sync with the sound of the melody in my head. She played my heartstrings, up and down, round and round, over and over again. And the weirdest bit? I didn’t actually care. In fact, I felt more alive than I ever have in my life, young though I may be, I have experienced more than most will in a lifetime, and I am thankful for that every day. The gift of life is not one to be sneered at and thrown away, though many people would say otherwise. Those people are stupid. But that’s another rant, for another time.

The music changed a bit, signaling that my solo part of this duet had ended, meaning that it was her turn. I looked to the girl, who I had first believed very shy and quite probably lacking in the self-confidence department, shocked when she commenced dancing. And this girl, she didn’t just dance, she, well, she moved like me, not just flowing with the music, but becoming a tangible part of the song, allowing herself to glide with mood of the music. Watching her move, I became almost hypnotized, unable to avert my gaze from her flowing figure; I was the mesmerized snake and she, the flute-playing charmer. I got so caught up watching her that before I knew it, I held her in my arms, dancing with her, pulling her closer to me with every move, trying hard to not swoop down and kiss her right then and there. What stopped me, my self-control notwithstanding, was a loud shout from backstage, “The music is over! Why are you still standing there babo?! You are done with your solo, so get the hell off the stage!” I tore my gaze from the stunning creature in my arms, glaring daggers at Jjong, my eyes promising lasting torture for him later.



HOLY CRAP! This is probably the longest non-school-related piece I've ever written. O.O hope you like it! comment and subscribe if you do~  ^_^