The Astucious Attire Aquirer

Standing Out of the Crowd

Chapter 12

 

Taemin’s POV:

 

I continued plotting my revenge as we piled back onto the tour bus, pondering the best way to bring Jonghyun down. I debated whether or not “accidently” pushing him off stage would be frowned upon by the other hyungs. I didn’t really want Key-umma mad at me though, so I decided against that.

“So…where you wanna party, guys?” Jong inquired nonchalantly, interrupting my scheming.

“Who said we’re gonna party, eh?” Key replied, smacking Jong gently on the arm. Jong answered with a stuck-out tongue and a “Mehrong!”

“Alright, you lovebirds, knock it off.” Onew said jokingly. “Now, down to business: I vote for that one Western food place we went to last time. Remember? They had really good fried chicken!!!” Onew’s enthusiasm about the chicken caused mild fits of laughter from both Minho and myself.

“And they had some really excellent soju there, too,” Key added. Of course, I thought, Key would be the one to remember the quality of the alcohol. I rolled my eyes at my ridiculous hyungs. I didn’t really feel like partying anyway, so I figured I’d ask the driver to take me back to the dorms after he dropped off the rest of them at whatever place they chose to party.

I still didn’t understand why they constantly wanted to go out, I mean, I always felt somewhat zombie-ish after a high-energy concert. Although, this particular one had worn me out a bit more than usual. I could only assume that it had to do with the intriguing appearance of a certain girl by the name of Sun Hi. But, you know, that was just my speculation. Probably not accurate. My indecisive  hyungs were still attempting to come to a consensus as to which place was best for partying.

“I want that chicken!!!” Onew hollered.

“But I don’t like their hamburgers! And that’s what I want to eat.” Jong stated, matter-of-factly, as if what he wanted was the most important factor in this argument. Of course, with Jonghyun, he usually felt that everything should be directly related to what he wanted.

“Well, you like chicken, too.” Key placated him, “It has lots of protein so it’ll help you build up more muscle.” This seemed to perk Jongie up, as he calmed down slightly, saying simply:

“It’s not like I really need more muscle…” Despite his seemingly angry countenance, he flexed his arms and grinned all the same. Key smiled, glad that Jong was able to compromise with Onew.

Minho, disinterested in their dinner dispute, merely sat quietly in the back of the bus, staring out of the window, earbuds in, listening to whatever was playing on his iPod. Min’s expression gave the impression that he was entangled in his own complicated web of thought, just as I had been only moments earlier.

Minho suddenly whipped his head towards me, charismatic chocolate eyes locking with my own. The intense, almost angry expression on his face startled me. He looked away after a few seconds of eye contact and resumed gazing out of the window. I wondered what on earth could have incited such a strong reaction from the ever-stoic Choi Minho. I didn’t have long to muse however, as the vehicle stopped somewhat abruptly before the driver announced, “We’re here. Everybody out!”

Onew was the first one to exit, perhaps a mite too eager to get to the fried chicken. Surprisingly, Minho also hauled out of the van, scurrying after Onew as though as an axe-murder were after him. Puzzled, I glanced inquiringly at Key, who always seemed to know the hidden meaning behind weird bandmates’ behaviour. But Key looked just as confused as I was, so he wasn’t much help.

Key and Jong also got out of the van, Key stopping and turning to wait for me. “Kaja.” I stared blankly at him. “Aren’t you coming with us, Taeminnie?” he asked, concerned.

“Eh, not tonight, umma. I’m worn out from everything that’s happened today.” I answered, doing my best to sound drowsy, while inside, I joyously replayed (replay, replay, replay~) my dance and half-kiss with Sun Hi.

Key gave me a worried look, “Are you okay, Tae-ah?”

“Ne, I’m fine. Just tired is all. I’ll be going back to the dorms first if you don’t mind, Key-hyung.”

“Arasso. Sleep well, Taemin.” Key shut the van door, waving goodbye as the driver pulled out of the parking lot. I waved back distractedly, my mind focused on other things. Just as I began thinking about my hastily scribbled note to Sun Hi, Bbi Ri Bop A blasted from the left pocket of my pastel green pants. I quickly glanced at the caller ID, noting that it wasn’t someone in my contacts. It had to be her then, because nobody except my manager, my SM hyungs & dongsaengs, my family, and of course Dae Jung, our head of security, had this phone number.

“Yeoboseyo?” I answered expectantly (and somewhat breathlessly).

“Taemin-ssi?” A girl’s voice replied.

“Ne, this is Taemin.”

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo. I’m Sun Hi…we met earlier at SHINee’s concert in Seoul...” Kekeke. This girl…acting like I wouldn’t remember her. HA. The absurdity of that happening is just unbelievable.

A small giggle, which was quickly turned into a cough, escaped my lips before I managed to say, “Yes, I remember. You were the girl who refused to tell me her name.” I could practically feel her blushing on the other end of the line.

“Um…yeah. So…about this ‘dance partner’ thing…” she sure seemed keen on keeping the conversation directed away from her name…perhaps she had been flustered by our half-kiss just as much, if not more, than I had.

“Yes, of course. It’s a bit difficult to explain over the phone and I’m sure you have several questions, so perhaps we could meet somewhere? I know a quaint little café not too far from the concert hall. Would you be okay with meeting me there in half an hour so that we can discuss our partner arrangement?”

“Um…sure, I guess. What’s it called?” YES!!! She’s going to consider it! Taemin- 1, Jonghyun- 0. Kekeke.

“Café Corretto.”

“Arasso. See you soon.”

“Annyeong.” I hung up, just as the driver pulled up to the dorm building. “Kamsahamnida,” I told the driver, thanking him for bringing me back home, even though he’d have to go get the rest of SHINee and bring them back separately later.

I wondered through the building in a daze, finding my room only by muscle memory. I plopped down on my bed, pondering the event to come. Will she say yes? I hope she does…she has to! I mean, she can’t not want to dance with me, after all, I am the dancing machine maknae. Hm, well, either way, I should look presentable for our date. I mean business meeting! It’s not a date.

I shook that thought out of my head, dragging myself up off of the bed, and schlepping over to my closet. I need something nice looking, but not formal. So the suits are out for sure..hm...definitely nothing pastel…Digging through my clothes, I realized that I really didn’t have anything decent to wear. Ottokae?? I need good-looking, not overly formal, un-pastel clothes. Hm…

I snuck across the hall to Minho’s bedroom, even though there was really no need for my ninja-like stealth, seeing as nobody but me was even in the dorm. I crept over to his closet, gently pushing the door open and began to sift through his clothes. So it probably wasn’t the best idea ever, but I figured that he wouldn’t mind. Not that I needed to tell him about this little borrowing of his clothes. After all, I’m not stealing, as I fully intend to put them back after my non-date is over.

Well, he has good taste, I’ll give him that. Ooh, a nice button-down blue shirt! And those lightly-worn dark-wash jeans! Perfect. Now to try them on…the shirt fit quite nicely, despite Minho’s slightly more muscular build. The jeans though…eh, guess I’ll just roll them up. I checked myself out in the full-length on the back of Minho’s closet door. Not too shabby, Mr. Maknae, not too shabby at all. I grabbed my silver-plated watch from my bedside table, digging my phone and wallet out of my pastel pants, shoving the latter two objects in my (well, technically Minho’s) jean pockets and strapping the watch on my left wrist.

Checking the time, I realized that I only had about fifteen minutes to get to the café to meet Sun Hi. Well, guess I’d better be going then. I double-checked that I had everything I needed, snatching the car keys off of the kitchen table on my way out, slamming the door shut behind me. Sun Hi, here I come. I hope you’re ready…

 

 

A/N: Hey guys, hope you liked this chapter! So far, this was my favourite one to write, because I got to include some of the rest of SHINee and show their personalities more ^.^ let me know what you thought in the comment section below! Have a SHINee happy day~