Chapter 2

Complementary Colours

Sungjong was pouring cereal for himself when Sunggyu lazily lounged into the kitchen. He yawned groggily and smiled at Sungjong.

 

“Good morning Sunggyu ssi!” Sungjong beamed at the older boy.

 

“Sungjong ah, good morning. How did you sleep last night?” Sunggyu walked over to the fridge, patting Sungjong on his head as he passed by him. This earned a small laugh from the young blonde.

 

“I slept pretty late again, but I don't feel too tired. What are you looking for?”

 

“Try to sleep earlier tonight okay? Missing sleep is bad for your health.” Sunggyu looked at Sungjong sincerely.

 

Sungjong fiddled with his fingers awkwardly, butterflies swarming in his stomache from the concern Sunggyu showed toward him. He nodded, his ponytail bouncing up and down.

 

“And I'm looking for the milk, I can't find it. I'll have to buy some more tonight.” Sunggyu scratched his head absentmindedly, letting go of the fridge door.

 

“Oh, um, the milk is right here. Did you want cereal?” Sungjong lifted the carton off the counter.

 

Sunggyu looked away. He nodded sheepishly. A small “Yes.” escaped his lips.

 

“Here, have mine!” The feminine boy offered the bowl to Sunggyu. “It's clean, I haven't eaten from it yet so don't worry.” He reassured with a giggle.

 

“Ah, fruit loops... Thanks Sungjong ah. But you didn't have to.”

 

“Yup, my favourite.” Sungjong handed him his spoon. “No! I wanted to! I mean... It's no problem!” he held his head down, blushing a light cherry red.

 

“Well thank you, Sungjong.” The black haired boy smiled at the younger before he started munching away at the cereal in front of him.

 

“Jongie!” A loud voice bellowed from the entrance of the kitchen.

 

“Good morning Sungyeol ssi!”

 

“Ahhhh my cute little maknae, give your hyung a hug.” Two lean arms wrapped themselves around Sungjong's waist, resting lightly above his behind.

 

“You're in a good mood today.” Sungjong giggled. He hugged the tall boy back, feeling the comforting warmth radiating from the brunettes chest.

 

“Mh! That's because my dream of waking up to your pretty face came true. Kind of. It's still morning so I guess it counts.”

 

Sunggyu choked on his breakfast, coughing out milk all over the counter as his laughter filled the room.

 

Sungjong pulled away from Sungyeol's embrace, his face exponentially redder than before. “B-but you see me everyday.” He trailed off quietly.

 

“And that's why life is worth living.” Sungyeol chuckled to himself. “Hey Sunggyu hyung.” He nodded at the eldest boy.

 

Sunggyu managed a weak “Hey.” as he clutched his stomache in pain, laughing even harder than before.

 

“Stop playing around Sungyeol ssi...” Sungjong pouted, his complexion the colour of mars.

 

Sungyeol was grinning from ear to ear.

 

“Hey everyone!” Dongwoo bounded into the kitchen. He placed his arm around Sungyeol's shoulder, barely reaching the taller boy.

 

“Good morning Dongwoo.” Nodded the leader. He had regained his composure and was wiping at the milk on the counter.

 

“What happened in here guys?” The red head inquired.

 

“Sunggyu hyung spat out his breakfast all over the counter.” Answered Sungyeol.

 

“No doubt. So how are you two doing this fine morning?” Dongwoo turned to look at the blonde and brunette.

 

“Good, thank you.” Sungjong smiled at the energetic boy in front of him.

 

“Me too. I was just in the middle of sweeping this cutie off his feet. Right Jongie?” Sungyeol tickled the effeminate blonde while grinning. He then wrapped his arms posessively around the boy to prevent him from escaping.

 

Sunggyu shook his head, amusement clear on his handsome face.

 

“So, breakfast. What do we have other than cereal?” Dongwoo asked, smiling.

 

“This punk.” Sungyeol ruffled Sungjong's wavy locks, while grinning devlishly. He ignored the younger boy's protests.

 

“You don't like froot loops?” Sungjong asked, surprised. He squirmed out of Sungyeol's grasp once again.

 

“There's really not much else.” Added Sunggyu matter of factly.

 

“I'm gonna go wake up Hoya then. We'll probably get something at the mall seeing as it's our day off. Later guys!” Dongwoo flashed a brief smile before walking out of the kitchen.

 

“Should we wake up the others? They won't want to sleep through our day off right?” Sungjong offered idly.

 

He looked to Sunggyu timidly for approval, a small smile stretching across Sungjong's red lips. The black haired boy caught his stare and smiled back. Sungjong couldn't help but melt whenever he looked directly into Sunggyu's beautiful eyes. He felt his heart beating faster and his blood rising in temperature.

 

“Sure, Sungjong ah.” Responded Sunggyu after the pause. He walked over to the couch and switched the television on.

 

Sungjong held his head down, disappointed that Sunggyu ended their brief connection. “Okay.” He smiled weakly to nobody in particular, dejectedly walking out of the kitchen.

 

Chapter 2 :D It would mean a lot to me if I got some comments and critiques, even suggestions too!