Chapter 3

Complementary Colours

Yeah! We should!” Sungjong jumped up and down, clapping his hands excitedly.

 

“Is everybody in agreement then?” Sunggyu asked the other members.

 

“I'm down!” Sungyeol smiled cheerfully at Sungjong, who returned the favour. The tall brunette wrapped his arm around the younger boy's slim waist. Sungjong giggled to himself quietly.

 

The others nodded their heads in approval.

 

“I'm gonna have a shower first though.” Piped up Woohyun.

 

“Okay, we'll leave at 2 o clock then gang.” Sunggyu patted Sungjong on his head before leaving the living room to get ready.

 

 

“We're here!” Squealed Sungjong to the others.

 

“Hey, Sungjong, quiet down. Aren't you too short to go on any of the rides anyway?” Myungsoo smiled devlishly at the young blonde.

 

“I'm not that short!” Pouted the maknae.

 

“Sure, sure. You're a big boy now, right Sungjong ah?” Chided Myungsoo while chuckling quietly to himself.

 

“Aish, that punk. Thinks he's allowed on the rides? No babies allowed. Just watch our bags!” Teased Sungyeol while brushing Sungjong's blonde hair away from his pretty face.

 

“Sunggyu ssi, help!” Whined the young boy.

 

“That's enough guys. I bet Sungjong's way braver than the rest of us here.” Sunggyu rubbed Sungjong's back comfortingly while smiling to himself.

 

Shivers went up Sungjong's spine at the light touch from Sunggyu. It felt like his heart was beating at the speed of light and pumping all the blood to his face.

 

“Yeah, don't listen to them Sungjong ah!” Added Dongwoo while he swatted at Myungsoo's head, knocking over his baseball cap.

 

When they found a parking space and exited the van, Sungjong could barely resist running towards the park's entrance and leaving the others behind.

 

“You look really nice by the way, Sungjong ah.” Offered Sungyeol cheerfully.

 

“Really?” Sungjong was surprised that anyone noticed the effort he put into his outfit for today.

 

“Yeah! You always look good in my eyes, but today you look wonderful.” Responded the older male.

 

“Th-thank you...” The young blonde looked away, embarassed. His face was red all over again. He silently hoped for Sunggyu to think the same as the tall brunette.

 

“Hey, slowpokes! Speed it up will ya?” Shouted Dongwoo from the entrance.

 

 

Sungjong walked into the amusement park and excitement hit him like a speeding train. He looked around and drowned in all the smells, sights and sounds; each grappling for his attention. Cotton candy winds wafted through the air. Sweeping steel and wooden behemoths towered above him, reaching for the clouds above. And Sungyeol yelling at him worriedly to snap out of it.

 

“W-what?” Sungjong stepped back, surprised.

“Are you alright Jongie?” Sungyeol placed his arm around the young boy.

 

“Oh, yeah!” Reassured the pretty blonde cheerfully. “I've just never been to an amusement park before. There are so many rollercoasters!”

 

“This is your first time? I'll make sure you have a great time. Wanna go on some with me?” Sungyeol asked, his grin as bright as the sun.

 

Sungjong hesitated. He looked around and saw Sunggyu was already in line with Hoya and Dongwoo for the rock climbing wall. Sungjong had hoped to go on the rollercoasters with Sunggyu.

 

“Alright.” He squeezed out reluctantly. Sungjong forced a smile at Sungyeol.

 

“I'll take you on any ride you want! Just tell me which ones look fun to you, okay?” Sungyeol grinned at the younger boy.

 

“That one.” Sungjong brightened up a little, pointing at a huge steel rollercoaster.

 

 

The line was excruciatingly long, if it weren't for Sungyeol's charming antics, Sungjong would've zombified long ago.

 

“Hold my spot Jongie! I'll be right back!” Sungyeol left a confused Sungjong as he dashed out of the line up, countless protests were let out as he pushed past the aggravated crowd.

 

“Aish, that guy.” Mumbled Sungjong to himself.

 

Sooner than he anticipated though, a tall and handsome brunette barged through the crowd holding two bottles of pop and a bag of cotton candy. Once he had made it back to Sungjong and thoroughly annoyed everyone else in the process, he handed Sungjong the cotton candy.

 

“For you! I hope you like pink.” He then put the bottles in his bag.

 

“Aww! Sungyeol ssi, thank you so much!” Sungjong took the cotton candy gratefully, his smile all the way up to his ears.

 

“Anything to see your pretty smile, Jongie.” Sungyeol grinned sheepishly and shoved his hands into his pockets.

 

Sungjong blushed, his face a few shades redder than the candy floss.

 

“So, Sungjong ah, what's your favourite thing to do?”

 

“Let me think.” The boy furrowed his brow. “I think maybe watching scary movies at the theatre.”

 

“You're pretty daring aren't you? I bet Myungsoo's already feeling sick. He's the one who shouldn't be on the rides...”

 

“You were making fun of me too! Remember?” Sungjong kicked Sungyeol's shin playfully. “But I don't like haunted houses, oddly. What about you?” He added.

 

“Don't like haunted houses eh? I'll take you on the ferris wheel or something when the others go in. And well, being with you is my favourite thing to do.” Sungyeol smiled sincerely and cupped Sungjong's pretty face.

 

Sungjong didn't expect that as an answer. He pulled away from Sungyeol's touch. His face was the same colour as the brightest ladybug. The cherry faced blonde looked at his cotton candy and suddenly had an urge to hide his face in it.

 

“We could go to the movie theatre together sometime if you want though.” Offered the taller boy.

 

The blonde just nodded slowly as he continued nibbling on the cotton candy.

 

“And afterward we can get sushi. I know how much you like that tuna sashimi.” Sungyeol added, amusement plastered on his grinning face.

 

Sungjong just nodded again, still hiding his red hot complexion in the pink fluff.

 

“Oh it's our turn now Sungjongie.”

 

Sungjong nodded once more, paying hardly any attention to the older boy.

 

“This punk!” Sungyeol chuckled while dragging Sungjong by his thin wrist.

 

When they got on the coaster and were fastened in, Sungyeol playfully punched the feminine boy's thigh.

 

“Hey!” Complained the blonde.

 

“Were you listening to anything I said, punk?” Teased Sungyeol.

 

“I... Well... I heard something about sushi... The people around us were talking really loud.” Sungjong said lamely.

 

“You silly...” Sungyeol pulled a stray lock of hair behind the blonde's ear. “You're so beautiful, Sungjong ah.” He gazed directly into Sungjong's eyes.

 

Sungjong was speechless, mesmerized by the taller boy's words and intense gaze.

 

“Sungjong ah... I... I really l-”

 

Before Sungyeol could finish his sentence the rollercoaster blasted forwards; the hydraulics pushing them at tremendous speeds as the train whipped them through loop after loop.

 

Okay, last chapter for now. Might update with more in a couple of days. Suggestions, comments or critiques? Thanks for reading!