Chapter 8

Complementary Colours

“I'm sorry for last night, Sungyeol ssi.” Sungjong looked at his plate of eggs and toast, uninterested in eating anything.

 

“It's okay. I know how sad you were feeling.” Sungyeol smiled weakly.

 

“You don't have to eat here you know. It's okay if you eat with the others.” The younger boy sighed as he raked his fork across the piece of toast.

 

“Who would make sure your breakfast gets finished then?” The brunette let out. “You haven't eaten for almost two days Sungjong.” Sungyeol failed to hide his worried expression from the other boy.

 

Sungjong poked at the eggs with his fork.

 

“You know, even when you're sad and don't say much... I still enjoy being with you.” Sungyeol looked at the younger boy.

 

The blonde lifted the edge of his toast with his fork, then dropped it back onto the plate, still not uttering a word.

 

“My company isn't so bad right?”

 

Sungjong mashed up his scrambled eggs with the silverware. Still not talking.

 

“Say something...” The taller boy breathed.

 

The younger boy sighed. He stabbed the toast with his fork.

 

“Now you're just teasing me, punk.” Sungyeol elbowed Sungjong playfully, who smiled a little in return.

 

“Was that a smile?” The older boy grinned at him and elbowed him again. “Hm?”

 

Sungjong tried to hide his smile with a pout.

 

“There it is again.” Sungyeol's smile was a kilometre wide.

 

After a moment of silence, Seungyeol's face became serious. “You don't really believe those things you said to me last night, do you?” He looked at the younger blonde.

 

Sungjong choked on his breath, taken aback by the sudden question. He didn't know what to say... He didn't want to worry Sungyeol anymore. He shook his head, no.

 

“Don't lie to me.” Sungyeol said sternly.

 

“I'm going to bed.” Sungjong set the tray of food down on his desk and crawled into bed.

 

“You can't lie in bed all day. It'll just make you think bad thoughts even more.”

 

“I'm not thinking bad thoughts.” Sungjong retorted, the tone of voice showed his irritation with the older boy.

 

“Sungjong ah... Talk to me. Please.” Sungyeol pleaded as he too set his tray of food on the table. He sat down beside the younger boy.

 

“Why doesn't he like me then?! If there's nothing wrong with me?! Huh?!” Sungjong blurted out. He quickly covered his mouth, his eyes opening wide in shock. He mentally kicked himself for letting that out.

 

“He's probably straight Sungjong. I think that's why.”

 

“Gay people don't like me either...” The blonde mumbled quietly.

 

“How do you know that?”

 

'... Nobody wants me...' Sungjong thought to himself.

 

“Tell me, how do you know that?”

 

“Can we not talk about this?” Sungjong let out. “Stop trying to be my therapist.”

 

“Fine... Sorry...” Sungyeol sighed. He took a bite of his breakfast sandwich, which consisted of scrambled eggs and ketchup inside two pieces of toast. “Can I take you somewhere fun today, Sungjong?”

 

“... Where?” Sungjong asked after sulking for a couple of minutes.

 

“I was thinking you could tell me.” Sungyeol smiled at the boy.

 

“I don't know.”

 

“No ideas? Okay.” The taller boy paused. “Oh! How about that new zombie movie at the theatres? What was it called?”

 

Sungjong perked up at hearing about the zombie film. “It's called Zombie Mafia.”

 

“Right. Okay. After I'll take you somewhere nice for dinner. Would you like that?”

 

“I don't want to spend your money.” Sungjong murmered.

 

“Okay then, you pay for my meal, and I'll pay for yours!” Sungyeol grinned.

 

“That's dumb. Then it's the same as paying for ourselves.” Sungjong pouted.

 

“Then let me pay the both of us, Jong Jong.”

 

“Did you just call me Jong Jong?” The young boy frowned, unamused.

 

“What's wrong with Jong Jong? It sounds like some sort of gummy bear, doesn't it? Cute, yummy and jiggly like you!”

 

“Ugh!” Sungjong threw a pillow as hard as he could at the older boy. “You're so dumb!” He took his other pillow and hit Sungyeol on his head repeatedly, screaming “Dumb! Dumb! Ugh!” in between each hit on the head. After countless hits to the head, Sungyeol finally snatched the weapon away from the boy.

 

“Ahhhh! Baby Jongie! You're so cute! And evil!” He glomped the pretty blonde, holding him tight in his strong arms.

 

“You're such a derp.” Sungjong frowned even harder.

 

“Everyday I'm herpaderpin'.” Sungyeol sang the words to the melody of Party Rock Anthem.

 

“I hate that song.”

 

“So! Are we going out or not?”

 

“Fine.” Replied Sungjong, only a little bit happy about it. He smiled at the older boy.

 

Thank you everyone for reading up to here! It means so so so much to me! Special thanks to everyone who has commented or subscribed so far! You guys motivate me to keep writing this story ^_^

 

I hope this chapter gets you excited for what's to come! It'll be lots of fun I promise :D

 

Look forward to another update very soon! Any comments, critiques or suggestions are highly appreciated!