Chapter 9

Complementary Colours

“So what's this movie about?” Sungyeol asked Sungjong while they waited in line.

 

“You'll see! I don't want to ruin it for you.”

 

“You can just tell me a little bit right?”

 

“No... I think it's more exciting to watch a movie knowing nothing about it.” The blonde pursed his lips. “Cause you can kind of guess how the movie will end just from reading the synopsis or watching the previews sometimes.”

 

“Okay...” The taller boy sighed.

 

“What? I'm doing this for your sake! Gosh.” Sungjong pouted.

 

“But you know what it's about right?”

 

“Of course!” The younger boy practically screamed. “It's only the BEST zombie movie ever made!” He gawked.

 

“So you've seen it then?”

 

“No... But I know it is from the previews. Okay? Don't doubt me. I'm a zombie movie expert.” He put his hands on his hips. “I can judge the worth of a zombie movie like that.” The maknae snapped his fingers.

 

Sungyeol laughed and pulled the boy into a tight hug. “You're so cute Sungjong ah!” The taller boy rubbed his cheek against the crown of Sungjong's head.

 

“Sungyeol ssi...” Sungjong whined. “Stop treating me like a baby.”

 

“Okay, big boy Jongie.” Sungyeol tapped the younger boy on his nose, which earned an irritated growl from the blonde. “That was y. Growl again...” The taller boy let out.

 

“Let's just buy our tickets okay? We're almost at the front of the line.” Sungjong pulled away from the posessive brunette.

 

 

“How come you can watch horror movies but can't go in haunted houses?” Sungyeol chuckled.

 

“Horror movies don't grab you from behind or chase you with chainsaws.” Sungjong retorted with a pout.

 

“Who chased you with a chainsaw?!” The brunette practically shouted, his eyes bulging from his sockets.

 

“Not so loud! You're lucky the previews are still playing.” The blonde whispered. “And there was a guy in the haunted house who chased me... And Sunggyu ssi...” Sungjong trailed off sadly.

 

“Oh.” The taller boy frowned. “I'm sorry. We don't have to talk about that.” He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

 

“Okay.” The younger boy squeaked.

 

“Let's just try and enjoy the movie okay?” Sungyeol smiled weakly and rested his hand on Sungjong's.

 

“Yeah.” Sungjong sighed.

 

“Hey... Umm...” The older boy let out in a whisper. “Sungjong ah.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“M-maybe I can help you uh... Forget about... That guy. You know?” Sungyeol let out after a long pause.

 

“Huh?” Sungjong cocked his head sideways.

 

“Umm...” Sungyeol trailed off. “Never mind. J-just forget about it okay?”

 

“Okay...” The younger boy furrowed his brow in confusion.

 

“Yeah, just forget I said anything.” Sungyeol's gloomy words came out in a sigh.

 

“Wait.” Sungjong's eyes widened, and his jaw fell open. “You mean?”

 

“I'm sorry Sungjong ah. I shouldn't have said anything.”

 

Sungjong frowned, not saying a word in return.

 

“I'm really sorry. I should've respected the fact that the pain is still raw.” Sungyeol heaved, a look of anguish soaked through his complexion. He moved his hand off of the younger boy's and hung his head down, avoiding Sungjong's stare.

 

The blonde kept looking at the boy beside him until he heard a booming voice announcing the start of the film. Sungjong took the older boy's hand back into his own and looked straight at the screen, still not saying anything.

 

“S-sungjong?” Sungyeol stuttered, looking back up to the boy.

 

“Thank you.” The blonde whispered, still staring at the screen.

 

 

“That was amazing!” Sungjong clasped his hands together, still shaking in excitement from the climactic ending. “I'm so happy Rick finally died!” The blonde squealed.

 

“Yeah, he was a douche! Man... Can't believe he used his daughter as a decoy for the zombies. .”

 

“Yeah...” Sungjong trailed off. “You wouldn't do that to me would you?” The blonde laughed.

 

“Never!” Sungyeol pulled the boy into his arms, surrounding the blonde's thin frame in a tight hug. “So what should we do now?”

 

“We should watch another movie!” The younger boy pulled out of the hug.

 

“Actually?”

 

“Yeah! We should sneak into one... It'll be easy.” Sungjong snickered.

 

“I can just buy more tickets you know.” Sungyeol offered.

 

“No! It's more fun if we sneak in! We'll be like...” The blonde gathered their jackets from their chairs. “Partners in crime, or something!” He let out excitedly.

 

“Partners... In crime eh?” The brunette smirked and took his jacket from the younger boy.

 

“You know what I mean.” Sungjong trailed off, blushing.

 

“Yeah yeah. I'm sorry.” Sungyeol smiled at the boy.

 

 

“Now THAT was REALLY ed up!” Sungyeol let out laughing.

 

“I'm gonna have nightmares.” Sungjong pouted.

 

“You were the one who picked it!”

 

“I know.” The blonde's lips were pulled into a frown. “Damn those Japanese horrors.”

 

“Hey, I'll stay with you again tonight okay?”

 

“Okay.” Sungjong's lips pulled up into a half smile. “Thanks.”

 

“Hyung will always take care of you.” The brunette smiled and looked into the younger boy's beautiful brown eyes.

 

“Yeah, I know.” Sungjong grinned involuntarily, trying to hide it behind a pout.

 

“So, dinner. Yes, no, maybe so?” Sungyeol flashed his icy white teeth at the blonde.

 

“Maybe.” The younger boy teased.

 

“Yes. Say yes!”

 

“Okay... Fine... We can have dinner.”

 

“I said say yes!” Sungyeol grabbed Sungjong's hands and swung them side to side.

 

“Yes! Yes! Okay? Happy now?” Sungjong laughed out loud.

 

“Very.” The taller boy continued to swing their hands from side to side together.