March 12, 2014 - Ch 10 - Just Updated

Complementary Colours

“WAHHHH I am sooo full!” Sungjong let out happily. “That was so delicious!”

“I’m glad you liked dinner Jongie!” Sungyeol smiled at Sungjong, taking his hand in his own. “Can I hold your hand?” The tall brunette grinned.

Sungjong blushed, “Umm, I guess maybe. If you want to…”

“Of course I want to!” Sungyeol raised the blonde boy’s girly hand up to his lips and gave it a soft, short kiss, causing Sungjong’s jaw to drop open in surprise.

“… Nobody’s ever kissed my hand like that before…” The effeminate boy whispered, a little out of breath.

“I - I want to be the one that kisses you. Kisses you everywhere… From now on, I want to be your man.” Sungyeol turned the boy to face him and stared at him, a serious, almost pleading look on the brunette’s face.

Sungjong gasped and stared wide eyed at Sungyeol, his heart fluttered as what the taller boy just said to him sunk into his brain.

“Sungyeol,” The blonde stared at Sungyeol gravely. “You’re not gay, are you?” Sungjong’s soft voice quivered as the words left his lips.

“Why do you ask that?” Sungyeol took his right arm off of Sungjong’s shoulder and scratched his head. “As hard as it may be to believe, I’ve always liked girls. I’m straight, pretty sure.” He answered honestly.

Sungjong’s knees buckled and he fell into Sungyeol’s strong chest, feeling toned, comforting arms wrap around him. “Thank you Sungyeol.”

“Thank you for what?”

“I can’t… I just can’t. I can’t be with a man who’s gay. I would be betraying who I am.”

“Sungjong.  You - you want to be a girl don’t you…” Sungyeol stared at Sungjong.

“I don’t know what’s gotten into me. I never thought I’d tell anyone.” Sungjong squeezed his eyes shut.

“It’s easy to see though. I think that’s why I’m able to lo – like you. Because in truth, you’re just like a girl aren’t you.” It wasn’t a question. It was a statement that they both knew to be true.

Sungjong nodded. “I’ve always felt like my body was wrong… I’ve always known, always known that this isn’t who god intended me to be. I am not a boy.”

“Is that why you call yourself ugly? Because you don’t like the body you were born in?”

“Yes.” The younger boy squeaked.

“Because… You’re so beautiful. You’re the opposite of ugly. If you could see what I see, you’d see a girl. A girl who always wears *her* soft, blonde hair in a ponytail. A girl who is maybe a little underdeveloped as far as… s goes… But is as skinny as a model to make up for it. And lastly a girl with an angelic, perfectly feminine face that I feel a duty to cherish and protect and care for.”

“Sungyeol.” Sungjong whimpered, tears falling from his eyes. “If… If I really am so much like a girl, then why doesn’t Sunggyu hyung love me?” The blonde croaked, his voice hoarse and his throat dry.

The brunette gulped. Not wanting to think about Sunggyu or Sungjong’s feelings for the leader. “It took me a while to be okay with liking you. I had to get past my own stigma towards… People like you. Girls like you. Maybe Sunggyu likes you, but won’t let himself see past his own judgments long enough to admit his feelings for you. If he does like you, or love you, then that would be my best bet.”

“You wanna know something else, Jongie?” The brunette flashed him a smile as Sungjong looked up at him curiously. “I think if you weren’t famous, and people didn’t know you as Sungjong, the youngest boy in Infinite, nobody would be able to tell that you were born a boy and not a girl. I guarantee it.”

“Yeah… Maybe… “The younger boy looked away.

“Wanna be my girl? And I’ll be your man?” Sungyeol cupped Sungjong’s face in his hand, making Sungjong look up at him. He stared directly into the younger boy’s eyes with a look that conveyed all his mixed feelings at once. Yes, he wasn’t totally sure about dating Sungjong. He wasn’t sure if he could protect him from a world that would try to harm him if they knew of Sungjong’s inner gender identity. He wasn’t sure if he’d be okay with Sungjong being born a boy after seeing him , seeing his bottom parts that won’t match the rest of his girly self. But as much as he was worried, and scared, he was also madly in love, and wanted damn well to try and make it work. And take care of the Sungjong he’s adored for so long.

“Do you love me?”

“I love you, Sungjong. I love you baby.”

“This - this is all happening so fast.” The blonde shook his head, his face scrunching up as if he’d just tasted a harsh, acrid taste on his tongue.

“I know. It’s weird for you, isn’t it. I just, I’ve been wanting to say all these things to you now for years. It’s taken me a real long time to get the courage to tell you that I know who you are, that I accept you, and that I love you.” The older boy pulled the blonde towards him, holding him tight in his arms as he buried his face in Sungjong’s long, blonde hair.

-----

So this was the chapter I concocted last night. It's a super late chapter 10... I realize I last updated maybe a year ago haha. But better late than never right? Also please please if you can, give me some feedback on what you think. So that I have an idea of whether you guys liked this chapter or not and what direction I should go in now.