Chapter 7

Complementary Colours

“Ahhh, then what does the maknae of Infinite think?” Seohyun, the host for the variety show, held the microphone to Sungjong.

 

“I agree with Dongho hyung, the maknaes are simply more talented than the other members.” Sungjong forced a laugh. “That's why we can debut at such a young age right?”

 

“Hey! Sungjong ah!” Sunggyu playfully hit Sungjong's arm, the younger boy seized up at the touch.

 

He knew it was coming, the script writers told him. That didn't make it any less painful though. It felt like scalding hot needle after needle pierced his flesh where Sunggyu made contact.

 

“Sunggyu hyung, do you think the youngest members are the most talented?” Seohyun batted her eyelashes at the leader.

 

Sungjong hated this. He hated following these stupid scripts, hated pretending everything was alright when it wasn't.

 

“Maybe some of them.” Sunggyu winked at the black haired girl.

 

Sungjong felt sick.

 

Sungyeol put his arm around the younger boy and gave him a look of concern. He mouthed the words “Are you okay?” to Sungjong, who just stared blankly back at him.

 

 

“That wasn't so bad was it Sungjong ah?” Sungyeol asked, he was frowning.

 

“I just want to sleep...” Sungjong sighed.

 

“Want me to stay with you again tonight?”

 

“It's okay, you shouldn't have to sleep on the floor just because I'm sad.”

 

“I don't mind. Plus our manager found a spare air mattress for me to use.” Sungyeol offered.

 

“I won't be talking much though.”

 

“I don't talk to anyone when I'm going to sleep either now that we all have our own rooms.” The taller boy pointed out. He smiled lamely at the younger boy.

 

Sungjong just nodded. Tired of being difficult with Sungyeol. Tired of it all.

 

“Thanks.” He whispered.

 

 

'I'm so stupid...' Sungjong thought to himself. 'How could I be so stupid to believe he'd like me?' Over and over the young blonde tortured himself with these painful thoughts.

 

'I can't believe I made a fool out of myself like that.' Sungjong turned to face away from Sungyeol who was on his air mattress. His body shook as tears leaked from his swollen eyes.

 

“Sungjong ah, are you crying?” Sungyeol stood up and went to sit on Sungjong's bed.

 

“No.” The boy let out in between sniffles.

 

“It's okay to cry when bad things happen, you know.” The taller boy cooed. He rubbed Sungjong's back up and down.

 

“Do you even know what happened?” Sungjong whimpered.

 

“... Yeah.” Sungyeol said after a pause. “I do.” The brunette's voice cracked. He gulped audibly.

 

“How?”

 

“Sunggyu hyung told me.”

 

“You think I'm stupid and ugly don't you!” Sungjong accused as he moved away from Sungyeol's touch.

 

“Why would I think that, Jongie?” Sungyeol's face became a mask of hurt.

 

“... Because...” Sungjong started crying out loud. “That's what I am!” The boy covered his face with his hands.

 

“No. No! Sungjong ah. Y-you're not!” The taller boy stammered. “Did he say that to you?!” Sungyeol raised his voice in concern.

 

“No. But it's true.”

 

“Don't say that Sungjong!” The brunette almost yelled.

 

“Why?!”

 

“You know, Sunggyu hyung wouldn't want you to beat yourself up like this.” Sungyeol whispered.

 

“What's it to him? I'm nothing!” Sungjong buried his face in his pillow.

 

“... You're making me so sad Sungjong.” Sungyeol trembled, his own eyes began watering. “Sungjong ah. You... Y-you're not nothing.” The older boy let out as tears fell down his face.

 

“Please just... Leave.” Sungjong let out, just above a whisper.

 

“N-no.” Sungyeol shook his head. “I'll stop talking to you for now if that's what you need. But I'm going to stay in here with you.” The boy's words carried to Sungjong with conviction.

 

Sungjong said nothing, feeling defeated.

 

Hi everyone! I just want to thank everyone who commented and subscribed. Even the silent readers are appreciated. Thank you all!!!!!!!!

 

I hope this chapter wasn't too depressing. Sungyeol really is a nice guy :) Sungjong would be crazy not to be with him eh?

 

If there's anything you'd like to see happen in the next chapters, or have other comments and critiques, I'd be happy to hear what you have to say ^_^

 

I'll update again very soon. Within a day or two for sure. I promise.