Chapter 6

Complementary Colours

Dear Kim Sunggyu ssi,

 

I'm writing this letter to you because it's Valentines day. It's hard for me to say exactly how I feel... But when you smile, I also smile, and when you smile at me, it makes me so so happy. I want to thank you for always taking care of me, and spending time with me. There are so many things I like about you. Not just your smile or looks, but your personality too. You're strong enough to take care of the six other members of Infinite, and sensitive enough to comfort each of us when we go through struggles. I hope you always feel appreciated and cared about. And I hope that nobody will ever make you feel any less special than you are. And I also hope that you'll think about being my valentine this year.

 

With my sincerest adoration, Lee Sungjong

 

Sunggyu folded the letter back up slowly and looked at a nervous Sungjong.

 

“Sungjong ah...” He trailed off.

 

Sungjong felt his heart skip a beat.

 

“I'm sorry but... I just see you as a dongsaeng.” He patted Sungjong on his shoulder, who recoiled at the touch.

 

“O-okay, I'm s-sorry.” Stuttered the young blonde as he stumbled backward.

 

Sungjong felt like his heart was pumping poison throughout his body. The toxins seeping through his veins, travelling up to his head. The younger boy was losing his mind, his ability to comprehend.

 

Sunggyu looked at him, his face was twisted in a mask of despair. As soon as Sungjong looked back into the older boy's eyes, he felt the darkness inside the depths of his mind yanking at his heart, crushing it in it's icy grip.

 

“No, you have nothing to be sorry about.” Sunggyu looked away. “I'm sure you'll find a great guy one day Sungjong.”

 

Sungjong nodded, it hurt to move his head. He ran to his room, tears spilling freely from his eyes. He shut the door and leaned up against it, slinking to the floor. He cried buckets of salty tears into his hands.

 

“I-I'm s-so stupid! I can't believe I thought he'd like s-someone... Like... Like me...” Sungjong hit his head with his hand. “Stupid! Stupid!” Tears continued to painfully squeeze out from his eyes, stinging him as they trailed down his washed out face.

 

“Why? Why?!” He kept asking himself, until he didn't have anymore energy to be miserable. The blonde boy crawled to his bed, and pulled himself up onto it with the remaining strength he had. Sungjong collapsed in it. He shut his eyes as tight as he could, wishing to never wake up again.

 

 

Sungjong awoke to knocking at his door. A voice called out his name before he heard the door open. The boy opened his eyes, it was dark. Sungjong could only make out a silhouette approaching him.

 

“Sungjong ah, are you okay?” A familiar voice asked as Sungjong felt his bed shift from the weight of someone sitting on it.

 

“Sungyeol ssi?” Asked Sungjong groggily.

 

“Yeah, it's me, Jongie ah.” Sungyeol said, concern was laced with each word he breathed. “How are you feeling?”

 

“Not so good...” Sungjong remembered what happened from before and tears started flowing down his face. He cried silently as the scene from earlier replayed in his mind.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?”

 

“No, but thank you. I kind of just want to be alone right now.” Sungjong let out weakly. His voice was hoarse.

 

“Are you sure? I can just sit with you here if that's okay? We don't have to talk if you don't want to.”

 

“Okay... Thank you...” Mumbled the young blonde.

 

“By the way, you want the lights to stay off right?” Asked Sungyeol.

 

“Yes please.” Squeaked the younger boy.

 

Soon Sungjong felt his eyelids getting heavy, and he drifted off to sleep yet again.

 

Thanks everyone for reading this far! Special thanks to Limebrus!

 

I know this chapter was kind of depressing but... It had to happen at one point. Luckily for Sungjong, Sungyeol is there for him haha.

 

*NOTE* this used to be chapter 5 before I added a chapter in between this and the amusement park one. I did it to help this chapter not seem so out of the blue. Feel free to go back to the new Chapter 5 to read that update! Thanks!