Chapter 4

Complementary Colours

That was so much fun!” Sungjong clapped his hands excitedly.

 

I don't think I want to go on another one of those things...” Sungyeol groaned. His face contorted into a sickly grimace as he held his stomache.

 

Hey! Are you okay?” The blonde stared at the older boy, wide eyed.

 

I'm gonna be sick Jongie... Be right back.” The brunette responded shakily.

 

Oh my god... Okay... Umm...” Sungjong let out, surprised. “I'll come with you.” The younger boy took Sungyeol's hand and dragged him to the nearest washroom.

 

 

Blegh, augh.” Sungyeol coughed out his guts. “Sungjong ah, y-you don't have to do this.” The older boy offered weakly as Sungjong rubbed his back lightly in circles.

 

It's okay, I want to.” Sungjong kept rubbing the older boy's back. “I'm not really as grossed out by throw up as I used to be.”

 

Bleghhh.” The taller boy puked again. “Please don't remind me of what I'm doing. It's gross enough already.”

 

Oh, sorry!” Sungjong apologized, embarassed.

 

I'm done.” Sungyeol heaved with a great sigh. “Let me just wash out my mouth.” The brunette pushed past Sungjong lightly.

 

Maybe you should rest for now...” The young blonde let out.

 

Yeah, I'm sorry Sungjong ah. I really wanted to do more stuff with you today.” Sungyeol said in between gargling and spitting out water from the tap.

 

No! I'm sorry for making you go on that ride. If I knew you had motion sickness I wouldn't have asked you.” Sungjong mumbled guiltily, feeling so bad about causing Sungyeol trouble.

 

I'll let you know a secret.” The brunette smirked. “It's actually my first time at an amusement park too.” Sungyeol grinned at the younger boy as he switched off the tap.

 

Sungyeol's face softened. “Really though, thanks for taking care of me like that. But what did you mean by you're not grossed out by throw up anymore?” The taller boy inquired.

 

You're welcome.” Sungjong blushed. “And well, back in Canada I had some friends who got sick from drinking too much like all the time. So I'm kind of used to it.” The blonde laughed lamely.

 

What kind of friends did you have Sungjong?!” Sungyeol asked, his eyes nearly popping out of their sockets.

 

Bad ones? I'm guessing by your reaction?” The younger boy laughed nervously.

 

We'll talk about this later. Anyways, I'll help you find the others for now.” The taller boy led the other out of the bathroom as he took out his phone. “Let me just call Sunggyu hyung.”

 

 

So you'll be okay with these guys right Sungjong ah?” Asked Sungyeol.

 

Yeah, maybe you'll feel better later and we can play some of the games or something.” Sungjong offered, trying to console the older boy.

 

I doubt it, but I'll call to let you know.” Sungyeol turned to face Sunggyu. “Hey, take care of him, it's his first time at a park like this.” The brunette looked directly at their leader.

 

Of course. Feel better soon Sungyeol ah.” Sunggyu smiled at the taller boy.

 

Yeah man, rest up alright?” Dongwoo let out.

 

Are you sure you want to rest here though? Won't looking at all the food make you feel even sicker?” Sungjong looked around at the people eating burgers and french fries.

 

No, I'm okay. Kind of hungry actually...” The taller boy grinned sheepishly.

 

Okay... Suit yourself.” The blonde giggled. “Bye! I'll miss you.” Sungjong said honestly and went to hug the brunette.

 

Enough guys. It's not like he's on his deathbed. Let's go.” Myungsoo smirked.

 

Sungjong waved one last time at Sungyeol as they exited the restaurant.

 

 

Here we are!” Dongwoo snickered. “This is gonna be fun.”

 

... Uh...” Sungjong looked at the haunted house in front of him. No. Definitely not fun.

 

Well, let's go then guys. No use standing around!” The redhead pushed the others through the entrance, darkness enveloped them.

 

Oh my god!” Sungjong screamed. “No. Let me out!” He tried to push past the others.

 

No it'll be fun!” Dongwoo reassured him.

 

Hey, if he doesn't want to then he doesn't have to.” Sunggyu placed a hand on Sungjong's shoulder who jumped at least two feet in the air.

 

You scared me!” Sungjong gasped.

 

I'm sorry Sungjong ah. You can hold my hand if you want.” Sunggyu said softly. He took the younger boy's hand and squeezed it gently.

 

... Okay...” Sungjong mumbled.

 

So we're good to go then?” Asked the redhead.

 

I guess...” The blonde let out quietly.

 

As the group of six began trecking through the haunted house, lights started flickering on and off. Shrieks of pain clattered around the narrow hall, sending Sungjong into a panic.

 

AHHH!” Screamed the maknae when he felt a hand clawing at his back. “HELP!” He yelled at the top of the lungs. Sungjong hugged Sunggyu tightly, holding on for dear life. He wished desperately for the older boy to protect him from whatever it was that grabbed him.

 

Shhhh, it's okay.” Cooed the older boy as he wrapped his arms around Sungjong protectively.

 

I felt something grabbing me!” The blonde choked out.

 

Let's just keep going. We'll be out of here soon okay?” Sunggyu kept one of his arms around the younger boy's waist as he started walking again.

 

W-where are the others?” Terror bled through every word that left Sungjong's mouth.

 

I think we lost them.” The black haired boy said calmly.

 

Another ear splitting shriek was let out as the lights flashed on and Sungjong saw a little girl in white standing behind them. Her face was covered in blood. She held a doll in her hands as she cocked her head to the side, staring with an empty expression at the two..

 

AHHHHHHH! HELP ME! HELP ME!” Sungjong screamed as tears fell from his eyes. He ran full force away from the little girl.

 

Sunggyu sprinted behind Sungjong, finally catching up to him and grabbing him in the arm.

 

Don't kill me!” The young blonde didn't dare look at the figure that took hold of his arm.

 

It's me Sungjong ah.” Sunggyu reassured him.

 

Sunggyu ssi... I wanna go home...” Hot tears spilled from his eyes as he turned to face the older boy. The lights shut off again and they were left in the darkness once more.

 

Let's just get out of this thing okay Sungjong?” The older boy said.

 

Okay.” Sungjong whimpered.

 

The pair of them started walking again and turned a corner. Red lights mounted to the wall flashed on and off. A large sign hanging from the ceiling that read 'Danger Ahead' appeared before them.

 

HAAAAA!” Sungjong jumped at a buzzing sound. “WHAT WAS THAT?!” The cowering boy let out shakily.

 

It was probably nothing.”

 

Then a crimson red ambience filled the hallway and a menacing man skulked towards the pair, holding a chainsaw in his burly arms. He raised it above them and shouted at the top of his lungs, firing the chainsaw up again. He swung down at the pair, missing them by only a few feet. A sadistic laugh escaped his bloodstained lips.

 

Sungjong paled, speechless. His heart stopped for a second as his throat closed up. All he could choke out was a small whimper. Sungjong started shaking from the shock of what seemed to him like a near death experience.

 

YOU! CAN'T YOU SEE HE'S ING TERRIFIED?! THIS ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE!” Sunggyu pulled the boy past the chainsaw wielding butcher and ran as fast as he could through the haunted house. Sungjong let the older boy drag him, he felt like he was in a daze as his legs moved in auto pilot.

 

When they finally escaped the haunted house, Sungjong collapsed to the ground. He didn't say a word as tears flowed silently down his deathly pale face.

 

The nerve of these people... Scaring poor Sungjong like that. I want to kill that guy. .” Sunggyu spit out to the others who were waiting outside for them.

 

What happened? You guys disappeared.” Hoya asked, worry showing in his face.

 

I don't know. But this guy came up with a chainsaw and tried to scare Sungjong.” The older boy said as he knelt down beside the young blonde and patted his back soothingly.

 

I wanna go home...” Sungjong sniffled.

 

We shouldn't have gone in there.” Dongwoo let out. “I'm really sorry Sungjong. I didn't think you'd be so scared.” The redhead said softly.

 

Do you really want to leave? Or do you want to just take a break for a while?” Sunggyu asked the younger boy.

 

I don't know.” The blonde trailed off.

 

I'll make it up to you Sungjong ah.” Sunggyu continued patting Sungjong's back. “Hey, why don't we get some food? We can see Sungyeol then. How's that sound?”

 

Sungjong nodded.

 

Okay.” The older boy lifted the young blonde up to his feet. “Hyung took care of you in there though right?” Sunggyu asked, smiling.

 

Sungjong nodded.

 

 

You what?! I told you to watch out for him!” Seungyeol glared at Sunggyu. “And you! Why did you make him go into the haunted house? Huh?” He turned to face Dongwoo who looked down at his feet.

 

This is turning into a disaster.” Myungsoo sighed.

 

Let's go on some rides that everyone'll like then.” Woohyun offered. The others nodded in agreement.

 

Are you good to go, Sungjong? Or do you want to stay here with me?” Sungyeol looked intently at the younger boy who was sitting on his lap.

 

I'll take him to play some games or something.” Sunggyu let out as he munched on Sungjong's fries.

 

Okay.” The tall brunette nodded.

 

Can I finish my food first though?” Asked Sungjong weakly.

 

Only if I can feed you.” Teased Sungyeol as he picked up a fry and put it in the younger boy's mouth.

 

We don't have time for your lovey dovey nonsense.” Myungsoo smirked. “Sungjong ah, eat quickly.”

 

You guys go ahead, I can stay with him.” The leader offered.

 

Sungjong smiled at the gesture.

 

Thank you.” Sungjong grinned at the older boy who patted him on the head.

 

Naw, we owe it to him to stick around for him to finish.” Dongwoo smiled lamely.

 

 

Thanks for going on all those rides with me guys.” Sungjong smiled happily.

 

It's no problem! We had fun too.” Hoya smiled back at the boy.

 

Yeah. This day isn't turning out so bad after all.” Myungsoo grinned.

 

Hey, Sungjong ah. Check this out.” Sunggyu grabbed the boy by the wrist, dragging him to the game stalls. He paid the staff of the basketball game a couple of dollars and received a big, orange basketball in return.

 

Bet he won't get it in.” Snickered Myungsoo.

 

The basketball went into the hoop with a swoosh. Sunggyu picked up the basketball again as it rolled back down to him.


Two more times for a large prize.” Mumbled the employee unenthusiastically.

 

Go go! You can do it!” Cheered Sungjong.

 

Sunggyu shot the ball into the basket again, this time it bounced off the backboard before going in.

 

Yay!” The young blonde clapped as Sunggyu picked up the ball once more.

 

The black haired boy had a look of determination in his eyes. He bent down with the ball, getting ready to shoot.

 

Sheesh, it's just a game.” Myungsoo smirked. “Stop taking it so seriously.”

 

Yah!” Dongwoo pushed Myungsoo playfully. “Let him shoot!”

 

Woosh! The ball sunk through the hoop again, winning Sunggyu the prize. He picked out an oversized penguin and ed it into Sungjong's hands.

 

I told you I'd make it up to you.” Sunggyu smiled.

 

Big thank you to everyone who read up to here! I've got another chapter coming today.

 

Shoutout to Inspirit_kissme, Juzzmee91, Limebrus and Shunbaki. Thanks for commenting on my first ever story :)

 

Anybody have any suggestions or ideas for future chapters? Critiques are welcome too. Thanks ^_^

 

Shoutout to everyone that subscribed