D E B U T 1

QLTY; Qualified Life To Yearn

16 . 06 . 2012 | 11:45PM, QLTY's dorm in Gangnam.

Miyeon rubbed the temples of her hand continuously while walking around the living room, while Jinsu read the magazine calmly in the sofa. Miyeon glared at Jinsu at times but she sighed and continued her routine. Jinsu frowned at her weird behavior and put down the magazine.

"What's wrong with you? My head's aching because you walked continuously," Jinsu said. Miyeon turned to her again and glared.
"What's wrong with ME? What's wrong with YOU! It's almost the time of our debut MV release, of course I'm anxious," Miyeon said rubbing her temples again. She shot Jinsu a look. "And don't you 'you' me, young lady. I'm older than you."

Jinsu scoffed and continued to read her magazine. Miyeon held the desire to punch her maknae on the spot when Heeyoung came wearing a pokerface.
"Unnie, aren't you anxious?" Miyeon asked. Heeyoung turned her head to her, still with the pokerface.
"OH GOD OF COURSE I AM!" Heeyoung suddenly bursted. "I'm too anxious that my face lost expression."

Miyeon and Jinsu chuckled at Heeyoung. Heeyoung pouted as she sat next to Jinsu.
"Who's standing by on the PC?" Jinsu asked.
"Youngrin, of course. She could even stand by for 5 more days," Heeyoung said chuckling.

QLTY's debut MV teaser has been released on the day before, June 15th. The responds from the fans are quite good. Some saying they are really pretty and some saying they are excited to see the acting. Of course, not all of the comments are good. There are already a few anti-fans out there for them, ready to strike whenever they made a mistake. That's one of the reason they are anxious with the debut MV release because they haven't really checked the MV yet, if there are any mistakes or not.

"Is it not yet released?" Miyeon quietly asked.

"Yah, girls! Come here!! It's released!!" Aerin shouted from Youngrin's room. The three girls that were on the living room immediately rushed to Youngrin-Miyeon's room with their hearts beating fast. When they arrived, Nayoung, Aerin, and Youngrin are already there and they paused the video so the six of them can watch it together.

"Oh my God.." Heeyoung, Miyeon, and Jinsu muttered in english at the same time. So much for being a Korean-American.

Youngrin clicked play and the video started. Their hearts are all beating fast when the intro of the song starts playing. The logo of QLTY in gold flashed with the title of the song, Qualified. Then Heeyoung's face came out with a sad expression as it zoomed out to display the other six members. The scene changed into a black background space with QLTY members in the middle, wearing white with various designs.

The camera zoomed to Miyeon as she started the song. One by one they started to dance, inserted by their emotional actings in between. Nayoung was sitting at the park, Aerin was in her bedroom, Heeyoung was in the car, Miyeon was in the bathroom with full clothes on under the shower, Youngrin was sitting blankly at the cafe, and Jinsu was laying by herself at the rooftop. They sang and act at the same time. Sometimes their dance version is shown too. The video often shoots Heeyoung or Youngrin but there are more of Heeyoung's scenes.

When it reached the second chorus, tears started coming down in Youngrin's cheeks. Her acting gave goosebumps even to the QLTY members and Youngrin that is watching herself buried her face into her hands.

When it was the part of Aerin's high note, the girls one by one showed a little smile on their face as they stood up to head somewhere.

The video ends with the girls gathering in a street and hugged each other together, with bright smiles on their faces as the screen turns to black and the QLTY logo appeared again.

The girls are dumbfounded and left speechless. Their debut MV finally got released. They looked at each other. Suddenly they grinned and hugged each other.
"FINALLY!" Aerin shouted wiping some of the tears in her face. They laughed together and shared their feelings. They glanced at the comments for the video and chuckled seeing most of them are positive comments. They mostly compliment about Youngrin's acting, Aerin's high note, Miyeon's rap, Heeyoung's visual, Nayoung's everything, and Jinsu's dance.

Nayoung stood up. "Okay girls, tomorrow is even more important than this. Let's sleep so we can get ready."
The girls nodded. They wiped their tears and head to their own rooms except Youngrin and Miyeon of course. They bid good night and good luck for each other, for a better tomorrow.


17 . 06 . 2012 | 05:00AM, QLTY's dorm in Gangnam.

"Ready?" Nayoung firmly asked. The other members gulped and nodded. "This is our big day. We have worked so much for this."
 Nayoung eyed her fellow members one by one. She felt as nervous as them, but she is, afterall, their leader. She have to keep her composure.

Nayoung stretched out her hand in the middle of the other five girls and she nodded. The other girls stretched out their hands too. "QLTY FIGHTING!" Nayoung shouted followed by the other girls.

Knock knock

The girls turned to the door to find Yoojin and Minsoo standing in front.
"Let's go girls!" the managers said. The girls cheered for themselves and went to the car to go to the SBS studio. Their heart beats faster as they got nearer to the place.

"Okay, get off!" Yoojin instructed. They got off one by one and they followed their manager to their dressing room. They shared a dressing room with Hello Venus. They greeted each other and became close already. The members of Hello Venus are down-to-earth and made QLTY members comfortable with them.

After talking for about five minutes or so, it's finally time for QLTY to do their makeup. For today, they will perform "Cry" along with their title song "Qualified". They are wearing white outfits for Qualified and black outfits (Yuri, Yoona, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Jessica, Seohyun's outfits) for Cry. They did the makeup for around an hour or so, and then they head out to the stage for the pre-recording. Along the way, they met EXO-K and they bowed immediately.

"Hello, are you debuting today?" Suho, the leader asked. Nayoung smiled.
"Yes, sunbaenim. We are QLTY from J.Tune Camp," Nayoung replied. Baekhyun suddenly appeared from Suho's back.
"J.Tune Camp? The same agency as MBLAQ sunbaes? Nice to meet you!" Baekhyun greeted them one by one by shaking their hands.

"Alright, it's enough. You are making them more nervous," Chanyeol said stopping Baekhyun. He turned to QLTY members and smiled. "Good luck."

QLTY bowed to them as they passed by, and Sehun and Jinsu exchanged a little glance to each other. Once EXO-K members are out of sight, they started squealing about how handsome they were.
"Did you see that?! Good gracious they are so handsome. And kind too!" Miyeon squealed with Youngrin. While the others are practically still in daze, especially Jinsu.

The staffs put on their microphones and checked the sound first.
"Okay, QLTY stand by!" the PD shouted. They rushed to the center of the stage to pre-record. There they saw their fans cheering for them, carrying golden coloured balloons. They felt like they wanted to tear up but not yet, they haven't officially debuted yet. "Start!"

The pre-recording proceed successfully (at least that's what they thought) and they went down to monitor their performance just now.

"You were too slow here, Youngrin-ah," Jinsu scolded Youngrin and Youngrin can only hung her head, knowing Jinsu is the main dancer after all. "Miyeon-ah you should move forward here."
Miyeon turned her head to Jinsu and glared intensely. "YOU KID. CALL ME UNNIE."

As usual, Jinsu ignored Miyeon and continued scolding her unnies. She didn't call anyone in her group unnie other than Nayoung. After all, she is the leader.

After the pre-recording ended, they went back to their dressing room. With much free time ahead, they went around the studio to give their seniors their album and some fruits. They first went to G.NA's, then Infinite's, Wonder Girls (where they got played by these unnies for being so cute), A Pink's, JJ Project's, and so on. The last is f(x)'s and EXO-K's.They knocked the door and got greeted by EXO-K's manager who let them in.

"One two three, HELLO WE ARE QLTY!" QLTY greeted for the nth times of the day. Sulli and Krystal immediately stood up and hugged Youngrin.

The EXO-K members and QLTY members were all confused.
"You two know her?" Kai asked. Sulli pulled away and nodded.
"She's Taeyeon unnie's cousin. Don't you know?" Sulli answered casually. The entire room's eyes widened, they couldn't believe what they just heard.

"WHAT? Really?! Why didn't you tell us??" Jinsu asked shaking Youngrin.
"Ouchh, I just think it's not necessary?" Youngrin said smiling sheepishly.

Suho, Aerin, and Heeyoung got close pretty quickly because they are all 91lines, while the others are just talking comfortably to each other.

----------

TO BE CONTINUED.