When We're Together

ONESHOT Compilations

PLEASE REFRESH TO MAKE SURE YOU'LL BE ABLE TO READ THE UPDATED ONE. AFF KINDA CUT THE FIC A WHILE AGO. SO KINDA EDITED IT. PLEASE DO SO.

[A/N: Decided to go on with the title anyways~ Enjoy. AND This. TBH. Is my favorite oneshot that I made as of the moment. AND NOTE: IT'S ACTUALLY PRETTY... LONG. The longest oneshot that I made /le sigh/. Hope you'll like it! And if you're wondering... I actually listened to Sistar's ALONE Album while making this oneshot, but decided not to put any particular song since those songs matched only the 'bar' scenes. Tell me how you think of it after reading! I really, really like this one.]

 

 

 

“One more shot, please!” Seohyun walked up to the bar and raised her tiny glass to the bartender. Seohyun leaned on the bar while tapping her fingers as she waited for her drink.

“Dude, can you tend to that lady? Still have lots to work on here.” Tao raised glasses on his hands nudging Luhan to serve Seohyun. He then walked back closer to Luhan and whispered, “She’s one of Kris’ girls. Tell her he’s busy.” He just nodded at Tao and wiped his hands with a clean cloth.

Seohyun boringly watched the bartenders do fancy tricks on bottles. She puffed an air while waiting for someone to fill her glass.

“Yes, what do you want, Miss?” Luhan’s eyes literally sparkled in a friendly manner, flashing his infamous smile. Being a bartender, he had to be this friendly. In fact, he’s one of the kindest bartenders. He just casually caters to the demands of those who visit the bar. A lot of people go clubbing. Some girls even try flirting with the bartenders. Luhan was not an exemption.

However, Luhan is still a child at heart. Coming from an average family, being a bartender was only his part time job. He also works in the morning in order to uplift his family.

 Seohyun looked at him. Luhan, for some odd reasons, was taken aback by the young lady’s gaze. She was indeed beautiful. Of all the regular customers he encounters each night, he thought Seohyun was different. “Where’s Kris?”

“Oh, boss is quite busy.” Luhan answered as Tao instructed. “So anything you want to drink?” He gained back his composure while waiting for Seohyun to answer.

“Give me your best mix, make it strong.” Seohyun plainly answered. Disappointed that her boyfriend wasn’t around, she just sighed. After Luhan handed her the glass, she gulped it down in just one shot and went back to the crowded and heated dance floor.

Luhan just watched her back disappear in a distance.

 

Every morning, Luhan works as a personal driver to Kris, his boss—both in his works. Kris came from a rich family and in fact, he owns the club where Luhan works every night. He’s fond of Luhan and trusted him so much even with his bad vices. Kris is a hard core play boy, smoker, drinker—just that perfect picture of a real badass Casanova.

“Which girl should I go out with today?” Kris said while they were in the car. He was reading the newspaper but ended up folding them neatly again. “Stupid news about the company. My father knows nothing but to make money.”

Luhan chuckled a little, he’s quite used to Kris being grumpy at times. “Don’t you think, sir, that you need to cut down your list of girl friends? It’s not good.” He glanced at the rear view mirror to look at Kris.

“Smoking isn’t good too. But all hell shall break loose before I stop smoking.” Kris plainly answered. They finally stopped in front of Wu’s company.

“Sir, I think you’ll need to patch things up with Im Yoona-shi. She’s been calling you a lot lately.” Luhan said before Kris got down.

“Oh, damn that girl. I’m meeting with Choi Sooyoung later.” Kris said as he took his case and walked towards the doors of the towering building of Wu’s Company.

Luhan parked across the lot in front of the Wu’s Company. He leaned on the hood of the car with his hands resting inside his pockets. He would usually wait for Kris to finish working or to instruct him to buy something or to bring him to certain places. While waiting, he noticed a familiar figure from a distance.

It was the same girl last night which Tao said was one of Kris’ girls. He dialled Kris’ number. “Kris-shi... One of your... uhm, girls, is actually about to enter the company.”

“What?! I’m in the middle of a meeting right now. Who is she?” Kris asked with an annoyed voice.

“I don’t know her name exactly. She has long her, quite puffy cheeks, slim as your other girls are, quite tall... But definitely not Im Yoona or Choi Sooyoung. Oh good, she was allowed to enter by guard.” Luhan dictated.

“Seo Joo Hyun. Aish. Make excuses for me, please.” Kris quickly cut the call. Luhan crossed the street and the guard greeted him.

 

He glanced around the ground floor and saw Seohyun about to enter the elevator. He quickly ran to stop it from closing. Seohyun stared at him blankly. Not remembering why he looked familiar. Luhan smiled a little at the sight of the beautiful lady. He just entered it letting it take him to whatever floor Seohyun pressed.

The only exemption was that he quickly told the maintenance staff to put the elevator on halt as soon as he enters it as Kris’ order.

It stopped midway. The light flickered but it did not turn off. Luhan pretended to be surprised. He glanced to his left where Seohyun was. She hissed under her breath. She pressed the emergency button repeatedly.

“Damn it.” She muttered while she warily looked at her watch.

“Don’t curse. I assume we’ll be fine. You already pressed the emergency button, there’s nothing to worry about.” Luhan said.

Seohyun looked at him. He noticed how beautiful the make-up was on her and how perfectly curved her body was on that skimpy dress. “Excuse me, do I know you?” she asked.

Luhan blinked twice, quite taken aback. “No, no.” He sheepishly looked down. “But we met before at the club.”

Seohyun’s eyes beamed a little. “Cool.” She said but turned into a serious manner once again,”but I don’t remember you.” She then pressed the button once again. “Now, I need to get off this elevator.”

They waited for about thirty minutes. Silence filled the air between them. Luhan was just waiting for Kris to signal him that it’s okay if they reach the level where Kris’ office was. That—only when Kris already left the company to meet Choi Sooyoung for lunch.

Luhan’s phone vibrated. He read Kris’ message that he already left the company so it’d be okay for them to get the elevator fixed. That’s when he called the maintenance. “Ahjusshi, neh. Please let the elevator move now. Gomawoyo~” Luhan said.

Seohyun’s eyes widened.

“What?” Luhan asked.

“You know the maintenance staff yet you called them just now?!” Seohyun asked. Luhan just smirked at her. He was about to hit Luhan’s arm when the elevator opened. “Nevermind. You work in the club right? I’ll get back on you.” Seohyun said before getting out of the elevator.

 

“Yes, what again for you?” Luhan approached Seohyun from the bar. She eyed him.

“What’s better: to ask if I have met you before or to ask other bartender to cater to my order?” Seohyun asked.

Luhan just smiled at him, “I only do my job, agashi. Tell me what you want to drink, take it or leave it.”

“Not threatened.” Seohyun said, giving Luhan death glares. “Huang Zi Tao!” Seohyun called Tao who just happened to be walking behind Luhan. “Where’s Kris?”

Luhan and Tao glanced at each other. “He’s busy.” Tao plainly answered. “By the way, Seohyun-shi, if you excuse me... I have to work.” Tao bowed slightly before heading to the other end of the bar.

“Guess you’re left with me.” Luhan said before Seohyun was forced to let him make drinks for her.

 

“Where’s Kris?”

“He’s busy.”

“Kris?”

“Busy.”

“Where’s Kris?”

“He’s always busy.”

 

“Where the hell is that man?!” Seohyun cursed as she asked for a refill from Luhan. For so many consecutive nights, she’d been looking for Kris and there’s only one same answer: He’s busy.

“Relax, Seohyun-shi. Our boss is really busy.” Luhan did not indicate why Kris was busy. It’s always either with work or with other girls.

Seohyun gulped the glass of alcohol once again and asked Luhan for refill, “Does he know how much it hurts not to see him around?” Seohyun’s eyes started being teary. Luhan softened all of a sudden. Seohyun was always that prank and harsh one, but it was his first time that he saw her sensitive.

Luhan cleared his throat, “You’re just drunk now, Seohyun-shi. You better ask your driver to fetch you.”

“No, no. One more please!” she raised her glass. Luhan just pulled her wrist down, snatch the glass away from her.

“No, you drank beyond your limit this time. I suggest you to go home and rest.” Luhan said firmly.

“Nooooo~” Seohyun continued whining. “Kris will come. I know he will!” Seohyun said. She’s clearly drunk. Luhan was just shook his head and tended to the other customers instead.

Seohyun stood up from the high chair, “Where are you going?” Luhan asked.

Seohyun smirked at him, “You don’t want me to drink anymore. Fine. I’ll just claim the dance floor.” She turned to walk away. She was tipsy. She almost fell but she managed to stand up straight. She looked back at Seohyun, “I’m fine!” as if someone was asking if she were.

Luhan just kept an eye on her, unaware that he’s making sure Seohyun was doing fine despite her drunkenness. He was looking out for Seohyun from the bar. He saw her dancing herself out with random people. Though he wanted to just pull Seohyun off the dance floor because of guys grinding their bodies at her.

He went back wiping the bar and putting the glasses to the sides as he fixed them when a shout was heard, “YAH ERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” all eyes went to the ruckus in the middle of the dance floor.

But the music continued playing, most of the people were still dancing to the music. The old man continued holding and touching Seohyun’s body. She kept slapping his hands away from her but there came the point when he grabbed her by her waist and pulled her to his body. Seohyun was drunk, but her mind is still clear not to agree to this ahjusshi.

She tried taking his arms off her but she failed. She was almost teary when she felt another pair of arms pulled her off the old man. “I’m sorry, ahjusshi. You wouldn’t like to mess up with my boss’ girl and be thrown out of the club.” Seohyun buried her face on Luhan’s chest. She was too scared to have such incident to happen again.

“Oh, she’s Wu Yi Fan’s girl?” The ahjusshi smirked and sheepishly laughed. “Let me get some air.” He eventually walked away.

Luhan kept his arm around Seohyun and dragged her off the crowded dance floor. “I told you to go home. You’re being too stubborn.” Luhan said in a serious tone. He let Seohyun sit down in front of the bar once again.

Seohyun just fell silent. Tao eyed her, “Good thing Luhan saw you, Seohyun-shi. You need to go home. Go now.”

Seohyun bit her lip as felt guilty and quite ashamed, she was about to stand up to leave when Luhan stopped her. “No, you’re not going anywhere. Not when that erted old man is still out there, not in the middle of the night like this.”

“Luhan—“ Tao was about to complain.

“Huang Zi Tao, get back to work.” Luhan eyed him as Tao just complied and left. Luhan looked back at Seohyun.

“You, young stubborn lady with so much make-up and accessories, will have to wait for me to finish working before I can allow you to go home.” Luhan said firmly, looking directly at Seohyun’s eyes, before heading back to work.

Seohyun just sat there like a minor. Her eyes were glued on Luhan. She watched him work and make mixes. She just watched him silently. Every time Luhan would glance at her, she would look away and pretend to be looking around the club. It was nearly four in the morning, Seohyun did not fall asleep. Tao gave her a cup of coffee while waiting for Luhan to finish cleaning the club.

“Is he that... does he work...” Seohyun couldn’t find the right words to ask Tao a question.

“Yes, he’s hardworking. Kris trusts him the most. He doesn’t get too much of sleep, I guess. Too unlucky for him there were too many customers tonight.” Tao slipped on his bag. “Anyway, he should safely bring you home.” He then patted Luhan’s back and left.

The other workers also left.

“Any plan to mop the floors any faster?” Seohyun asked.

Luhan looked at her. “This is my work. I do it with passion.”

“Passion for mopping the floor. Makes sense, Luhan-shi. Very well.” Seohyun sarcastically said.

“I’m not like you, Seohyun-shi.” Luhan said. “I’m not one of you elite people who get what they want. Go to a club at night, and probably wake up late the next day and head to the mall for luxury shopping.”

“I’m not like that!” Seohyun denied.

Luhan just ignored her, “I work two jobs a day. I barely get some sleep. And yet what? I go home and see my parents struggling to earn money for a living. My mother lay on her bed, sick. We’re not the same, Seohyun-shi.”

Seohyun was silenced. She just watched at Luhan fixed the mop and washed his hands. He then proceeded to fix his bag.

They were waiting for a cab. “So you mean you still have work?”

Luhan nodded, “I’m just going to bring you home then head to work as Kris’ driver.” He forcibly smiled.

“Kris?” Seohyun’s ears perked up hearing her boyfriend’s name. “You work for Kris?”

“Speaking of Kris... I hope you try to forget him. That jerk wouldn’t do anything good on you.” Luhan said before letting Seohyun enter her gates.

“What are you saying?”

“It’s going to hurt you more if you’re going to wait for him.” Luhan said before stepping back and hailing another cab.

 

Days passed by. Seohyun ang Luhan grew closer because Seohyun was still frustrated over Kris. He’s not showing himself up but Luhan never said a word about his boss’ whereabouts.

“I heard a new coffee shop will be opening tomorrow.” Seohyun said while the club music was blasting. Luhan had to lean in to hear her. “I SAID A NEW COFFEE SHOP WILL OPEN TOMORROW.”

Luhan smirked. “Are you asking me out?”

Seohyun almost blushed, good thing the lights were quite dim. “WHAT?? NO!”

Luhan proceeded to the other girls asking for drinks before going back to Seohyun. “Well even if you actually do, I’d likely reject the offer.”

“That’s very impolite.”

“Didn’t I tell you I have work—morning and evening.”

“How about afternoon?”

Luhan chuckled. “Let me rephrase—I have work for the whole day.”

“Whatever. Probably gonna ask Sooyoung-unnie to go with me.” Seohyun sighed.

“Sooyoung? You mean Choi Sooyoung?” Luhan knew that Kris was dating Sooyoung as of the moment. Seohyun just nodded.

 

The next day came. Seohyun wanted to surprise visit Sooyoung and ask her to come with her in the new coffee shop nearby when the sight of Luhan startled her. She closed the gates behind her.

“I thought you have work. Or by any chance, are you lost?” Seohyun asked.

“Naah, I asked for a break from Kris.”

“For me?”

“No, for the coffee shop.” Luhan opened the passenger seat. “Come on, I like coffee.” Seohyun just shook her head and got inside the car.

Luhan actually arranged it all. Kris has a date with Sooyoung—in fact he did not go home last night and spent the night over Sooyoung’s place. If Seohyun will fetch Sooyoung, she’d probably see Kris there. Luhan did not like the idea so he made an excuse to Kris that he’ll take his mother to the hospital—which was half true because he really would later that day.

They had casual conversations in the coffee shop. After quite some hours, “I need to go.”

“I thought you’re off from work. Be my guest and hold shopping bags for me.” Seohyun said. It was quite an excuse because surprisingly, she wanted to be with Luhan a little longer.

Luhan chuckled, “I told you before, Seohyun-shi. I’m not like you, elites, who can waste every single day of their lives in luxury. Yes, I’m off from work today, but I will bring my mother to the hospital for her check-up.”

Seohyun was silenced.

“Now let me get you home first.” Luhan said but Seohyun stopped him. “Seohyun—“

“No, let me come with you. I wanna see your mother.” Seohyun said. “I mean, I’d like to see what kind of life a commoner has.”

“A commoner?”

“A non-elite.” Seohyun said as she got inside the car. Luhan drove away. “So what’s your mother like?”

Luhan smiled to himself. “Kind and loving. Probably more caring if she’s not as weak as she is now.” Seohyun continued listening to Luhan’s stories about his mother. She felt how Luhan loved his mother and how good of a son he was to his parents. Part of her was envious of Luhan because coming from an elite family, she never felt motherly love.

 

When they reached the hospital, Seohyun just watched from afar. She silently watched Luhan guide his mother in walking from room to room for system check-ups. She sat on one of the chairs and just admired the scene. Whenever Luhan’s mother would catch a glimpse of her, she’d smile back at the old woman. It makes her want to assist her too, help her or guide her but Luhan did not allow her. He said she should just sit there and wait. For an elite like her, it’s not common to help someone like him or his mother.

When Luhan dropped his mother to their house, Seohyun helped a little bit like opening the gates and opening the door. Even if Luhan’s house was way smaller than hers, she actually admired it. It was small but clean and spacious enough. It made her think to move to a smaller house since she’s actually living alone. If someone goes to her house, sadness filled the air.

“I like your mother.” Seohyun mumbled when they were back in the car. “She’s nice.”

“Everybody says that.” Luhan humbly added, “I bet your mother is likeable too.”

“I wish I have one.” Seohyun chuckled to herself, but sadness was in her eyes. Luhan looked at her, “But I’m perfectly fine. We all know that.” She just shrugged.

“You know what, when we’re together, it makes me think better of elite people.” Luhan admittedly said. “Guess money can’t really buy everything.”

“Oh, don’t mention it.” Seohyun said before getting off the car when they reached her house. But she knocked the window so Luhan rolled it down. “Your house may not be as big as mine, but I think it’s filled with more love than mine. I’m glad to have met your mother. Thanks for today.”

Luhan smiled at her before leaving.

 

A few more days had passed and the closeness between Luhan and Seohyun was inevitable.

Seohyun was walking to the club when she noticed a familiar car. It was Kris’. Kris used this personal car for his personal appointments. Especially at his night getaways when Luhan’s working at the bar.

Luhan greeted her when she went to the bar. She snatched the shot of tequila away from Luhan’s hand when he was about to serve a customer. “Sorry, in dire need of a shot.” She told the girl before walking away. Luhan sheepishly smiled at the annoyed customer. He let Tao pour something for her instead.

He followed Seohyun who was heading towards Kris’ room or the club’s office. His eyes widened. Who knows what Kris was doing inside?

He was about to stop Seohyun but she was fast enough to slam the door shut just after peeking inside. She covered and suppressed the tears. Luhan concluded that maybe Kris was making out with someone inside the room. Seohyun did not even notice Luhan followed her and was just there as she hurriedly ran away.

Luhan went back to the bar and Seohyun quickly wiped her tears away, ordering drinks from Tao. That was the time when Luhan felt his heart constricted. He did not want to see her tears because she’s hurting. He did not want to see her drinking not because she always does but because she’s hurt. But part of him couldn’t find the urge to stop her or just pull her into his arms... he just knew that somehow, it’s off his business.

He just continued working; watching after Seohyun from time to time as she endlessly ordered drinks from either him or Tao or from any other bartenders.

They were already cleaning the place when Luhan noticed Seohyun already fell asleep on the bar. She cried too much, she drank too much. “I’ll just bring her home.” He told Tao and the others as they continued cleaning.

Luhan carried her in his arms when the cab reached her house. She was still unconscious. Luhan noticed that the huge house was actually empty. No one was there. No helpers or maids at all. He thought maybe Seohyun was actually pouring her sadness in luxury instead.

He carefully placed her on the bed and tucked her under the blanket. She still looked hurt and troubled even if she’s deeply asleep. Luhan caressed her cheek and brushed away a strand of hair on her face. He started to lean in until he could almost feel Seohyun’s peaceful breath on his. Their lips were just centimetres away but before they could touch, Luhan straightened up and just looked at Seohyun again with admiration and quietly left the house, making sure the doors were locked.

 

Seohyun became miserable after seeing Kris make up with another girl. She always drank until she gets drunk. Luhan would always bring her to her house. Sometimes, she’s caught up in catfights inside the bar. Luhan would always be the one to stop her and protect her.

One night, just the usual... Tao handed Seohyun her nth glass of tequila but before she could drink it, someone stopped her. Luhan took the glass and gave it back to Tao. “Stop giving her drinks, please.” Tao nodded and tended to others.

“Wow, that’s really touching. Thanks for your concern but... Huang Zi Tao!” Seohyun called Tao again but was just ignored. “Geez, thanks Luhan. Now do you want to be the one to fill my glass?” Seohyun was drunk again.

“Seohyun, can you just... take a look at yourself?” Luhan said holding her shoulders. “What’s happening to you? You’re becoming miserable and miserable each day!”

“Oh, cool. Sorry for that.” Then Seohyun faced the bar again, “Tao! Please serve me a glass of—“ Luhan cut her by making her face him again.

“Is it because of Kris? Again? Haven’t I told you to let go of him? Move on? Live your life, Seohyun. It’s not like it depended on him.” Luhan said.

Seohyun started crying but she quickly wiped the tears. She thought Luhan was only seeing the situation from his point of view. He’s not putting his shoes on hers. “I’m sorry for being weak. Okay? I’m sorry, do you get that? Huh, Luhan? Let me tell you something. If you’re tired of bringing me home every single night I get drunk, giving me a glass of tequila or mojito, or listening to my stories that were always about Kris, then stop doing do. Luhan, I did not ask you to do those things for me. I never did!”

Luhan fell silent. He was caught off-guard. In fact, Seohyun was right. “You need to get a life, Seohyun. I was just trying to help you!”

“Then stop trying! It will never help me at all! Who cares if I get miserable? Who cares if no one gets me home? Who cares, Luhan? Who the hell cares!”

Luhan suddenly slammed his on the bar, drawing some people’s attention to them. Tao tried his best to distract the people by bartending. Seohyun suddenly felt scared of Luhan. His eyes showed unreadable emotions.

“Damn it, Seo Joohyun. Just... damn it!” Luhan gritted his teeth but he managed to calm himself down. He looked at Seohyun once again. “I’m telling this to you, just tonight.” Seohyun waited. “I don’t want to ever see you again in this club. Because whenever I see you, I always feel it’s my responsibility to take care of you. Well I’m sorry, in order not to care for you, I hope you won’t visit here again. Ever.” Luhan eyed Seohyun once more before heading back inside the bar to work. Seohyun was still sitting in front, astounded. “I said leave.” Luhan told her before she got on her feet and left the club.

Seohyun couldn’t tell why she felt even more hurt after what Luhan told her than seeing Kris with another girl. It was as if the pain she felt before was erased by the pain that Luhan gave her.

 

Seohyun then started visiting other clubs and bars around the town. Though the atmosphere was very different from where she used to go to, she managed to adjust. She was still as miserable as she was, even worse after the fight with Luhan. Sometimes, she’d find herself asleep on the bar with only herself left inside. That’s when she started missing Luhan.

“I heard she’s going to the bar a few blocks away.” Tao said as they were cleaning the bar.

“I don’t want to talk about it, Tao.” Luhan said. The club was busy that day that the sun was almost rising after they cleaned it up.

Luhan was walking alone when he saw a familiar figure across the street—Seohyun. She’s still dressed fabulously as she always did, but it was nearly six in the morning and Luhan just knew that she was still on her way home. He wanted to go to her and just pull her into a tight embrace but soon enough, Seohyun, with groggy eyes, finally hailed a cab.

That night, Luhan decided to check on Seohyun. “Tao, I’ll be back in a few. Just going to get some fresh air.” He excused himself and walked a few blocks away from the club.

He entered the noisy club. People crowded and almost everyone was dancing wildly. But he knew Seohyun, she’d always be at the bar drinking liquors.

That’s when he saw from a distance... Seohyun was surrounded by some girls. Her hair was soaking wet and from the looks of it, it seems that a glass of strong beer was poured on her. It wasn’t a good sign from afar. Luhan made his way to her and squeezed in the dancing crowd.

“You .” A girl said. Seohyun rolled her eyes, even if her hair and face was sticky because of beer.

“Oh, now I’m a all of a sudden, great! Hi, co-!” She sarcastically smiled earning a slap on her cheek.

“You don’t just say that to her!” Another girl defended. “Wait, let’s see. You used to date Kris Wu before. Then what?”

“Don’t you dare bring that up!”

“Then we saw you at the other club before fighting with that... bartender. Seriously, who the hell is your boy friend?” the girls started laughing.

Seohyun started to tear up once again. Bringing Luhan up is just not good to hear. “How about another glass of beer?” The other girl raised a glass of beer once again and was about to pour it on Seohyun again when someone pulled Seohyun.

“L-Luhan?” Seohyun stuttered. He tightly tucked her beside him, burying her face on his chest even if she was all sticky. But somehow, it felt comforting.

“You’re here to go clubbing right? Why are you picking up fights?” Luhan asked the girls. They just shook their heads and walked away. Luhan rubbed Seohyun’s shoulder and whispered, “I’m sorry. Let’s get you out of here.”

They went to the nearest convenience store. Seohyun sat on one of the chairs while Luhan sat beside her. He faced Seohyun and opened the canister of tissue. He started drying Seohyun’s forehead and her cheeks. “I can do it.” Seohyun looked down and took the tissue away from Luhan. She was taken aback when Luhan made her face him. He started dubbing the q-tips on her slightly bruised cheek. She flinched in pain but hid it.

“Let’s get you home, okay?” Luhan took her hand as they headed off.

 

Seohyun started going to the same club. Luhan already forgave her and they decided to call it quits. Seohyun, in a lighter mood, entered the club. She frowned when she did not see Luhan around. “Where’s Luhan?”

“He won’t be able to make it today.” Tao answered.

“Anything bad happened?” Seohyun asked.

Tao shook his head, “he’s busy.” Seohyun sighed and just had few glasses and left the club early.

 

This happened over and over again for quite some time until Tao gave up covering for Luhan. “He’s doing three jobs a day now, Seohyun-shi.”

“Wait, wait?” Seohyun’s eye brows furrowed.

“Luhan’s father flew to Japan to earn more money. His mother will be undergoing an operation and they’re in dire need of money so he had to work more.” Tao explained.

“I don’t get it.” Seohyun shook her head.

“Luhan works as a driver for Kris in the morning to afternoon. After that, he goes to a diner and works as a waiter there. Then after that, he goes here.”

“What?”

“That’s too much, I know. But Luhan’s doing it all for his mother.” Tao sighed. “He goes here pretty late, sometimes two or three in the morning so he’s just assigned to clean the club.”

 

Seohyun grew mad. Mad for the fact that Luhan did not tell her, she could offer some help. In fact, she told him before that she liked her mother. That night, she decided to wait for Luhan in the club whether it will take a few more hours.

It was already two in the morning. She couldn’t wait to see Luhan and talk to him. Her heart was beating fast and couldn’t seem to calm down. She was quite freezing while waiting for Luhan so she decided to puff a stick of cigarette to calm her nerves. She was standing outside the empty club and puffed smoke. But before she could puff it once more, someone took the stick from her and stepped on it.

“Now you’re smoking?” Luhan asked, his eyes were tired but grew in anger. “What are you doing here? Club’s closed now.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” She asked. “Why didn’t you tell me about your mother?”

Luhan ignored and opened the doors of the club so he can clean it up. “I have things in control, Seohyun.”

“Well you could have at least told me!” She followed him inside.

“Are you drunk again?” Luhan asked. Seohyun was quite hurt. She did not actually drink for the past few days.

“Is that how you think of me? Always drinking? Now, you just saw me smoking, you’d assume I’m always smoking now?”

“Seohyun,” Luhan stepped closer to her. “Just go, okay? I don’t need any fights for tonight. I’m done with all those stupid things. Right now, I’m focused to work, earn money, get my mother healed. That’s all in my list, Seohyun.” He then decided to walk towards the bar. He started cleaning all the mess.

Seohyun felt like crying that moment... it was like Luhan implied that she wasn’t any of his concern right now.

But she begged to understand him. Days had passed and Seohyun did not go out of her house. She just stayed inside her room, eating unhealthy foods and watching random shows. She felt depressed. One, Luhan seemed not to care at all after they decided to call it quits. He stopped showing affection and all. Second, Luhan has a family to cater to. Third, she doesn’t have that kind of family. Lastly, she felt even more alone.

Luhan actually started missing her since he was doing three jobs a day. Tao also told him that Seohyun stopped going to the club. However, he assumed that Seohyun just found far better things to do in life.

 

Seohyun couldn’t take it anymore so she dressed up and went to the club. He demanded Tao an answer where Luhan was.

Tao gulped before answering, “Luhan just flew to Japan today.” Seohyun fell silent. “Kris took Luhan with him for some work and in exchange, Kris will pay all the hospital bills of his mother. He did not mention any date of coming back.”

Seohyun started to care less about Kris.

Her heart felt like being pierced by Tao’s words.

 

In a month, Seohyun started changing her lifestyle. She started having healthy habits like jogging every morning—yes, she’s now having a normal body clock. She did not drink anymore so she’s always home even before the sun sets. She started engaging on charity activities. She found comfort in helping the orphaned children as well.

And every single day, she visited Luhan’s mother in the hospital. In fact, Seohyun was now trusted by Luhan’s mother. She was the one who brought her home after being released by the doctor.

Seohyun carefully tucked Luhan’s mother beneath thick blankets when she got her home. Luhan’s mother gratefully smiled at her and fell asleep right after.

Seohyun headed to the kitchen to cook something for Luhan’s mom in case she wakes up sooner. While waiting for the food to be cooked, she then decided to clean the counters. She smiled to herself when the counters shined a little. She also decided to clean up the living room and dust the curtains off. She headed back to the kitchen to finish the food she was cooking.

Her eyes perked up when she heard nuzzling noise from the living room. She thought Luhan’s mom was finally awake. But she was surprised to see Luhan back.

Luhan stared at Seohyun. He studied her features and noticed she was just wearing denim jeans and just a simple shirt. Her hair was just flowing behind her back. She wasn’t wearing any make up. She looked so simple yet very beautiful.

Seohyun cleared , “Uhm. I just brought your mother home, she was dismissed by the hospital. Operation was successful.” She smiled at Luhan and it grew more awkward. She cleared once again, “I just... cooked a meal, in case your mom wakes up, in case you’re hungry too...” She sheepishly chuckled. “I’m sorry if you think I just barged inside your house. I’m actually about to leave now.” Seohyun headed back to the kitchen to get her bag, Luhan followed her. He noticed it was cleaned. When he was there, he did not have time to clean the house. Seohyun dried her hands after washing since she just cleaned almost the entire house. Luhan was still not talking. “By the way, I cleaned the counters... if you don’t mind.”

Seohyun lokoed around, satisfied with what she had done. She looked at Luhan, “I guess... I have to leave now. It’s good to see you back.” Luhan then started walking towards her, quite smiling.

“It’s good to see you too.” He smiled at her. Seohyun smiled back, quite blushing. “So you did this all?” That’s when she noticed Luhan was too close to her. She just nodded. Her heart almost skipped a beat when Luhan kissed her forehead. “For cleaning the counters.” He cupped her cheeks and planted a kiss on her nose, “for taking care of my mother.” They stared at each others eyes for some seconds before Luhan finally said, “for making me love you.” He then leaned in and kissed Seohyun on the lips. Their eyes slowly both shut, savouring the sweetest moment.

“I missed you.” Seohyun admitted when they parted.

Luhan smiled at her while their foreheads touched. “Not actually the response I was expecting.” They both chuckled before Luhan pecked her lips once more and pulled her into a tight embrace.