y, Free & Single - Part 1

ONESHOT Compilations

 

“Seriously?! Aniyaaaa!” Seohyun pulled her blanket to cover her face. She was peacefully asleep before her manager started bugging her.

“Come on, Seo Joo Hyun. Get up! Now!” Her manager commanded but the stubborn artist did not even budge. She started poking her sides but there was no reaction from Seohyun.

“Just go. I am so over this industry.” She said before uncovering herself but eyes were still closed.

“Just one last favour. Pretty, please?” Her young manager batted her eyelashes but it did not work on her. “I need my job back, Seohyun-aaah....” she started faking sobs.

Seohyun’s eyes shot open. This was the thing she hated. She was too attached to her manager and even if she already stopped working on the entertainment industry, she just had to go back all the time to provide a job for the person closest to her heart—her manager. She deeply sighed. “Wait for me outside.”

 

With still quite groggy eyes, Seohyun walked towards the studio for the commercial filming with her manager. She was informed beforehand that she would be filming a skin product commercial with someone. They entered the elevator but when it was about to close, someone entered. He had a backpack and due to rushing, it quite shoved Seohyun back. She hissed in irritation but he did not even look at her and apologize. She glanced to her manager and rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Well, she could not do anything about it it so she had no choice but to let it pass.

Surprisingly, they got off on the same floor. She suspected that he might be a member of the production staff.

“Sehun-shi!” A man with brown hair greeted the boy as Seohyun trailed behind him. “I’m glad you came!” he smiled brightly at him as they shook hands.

“Of course, how could I turn you down? The actress requested for me, right?” Sehun said and Seohyun heard it clearly. She almost choked and this caught the attention of the two guys.

“Oh, you must be Seo Joo Hyun?” The boy with brown hair asked. “I’m Lu Han, the director and producer of the commercial that you’re about to film later.” He offered his hand for a handshake and Seohyun gladly took it. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“I’m pleased to meet you too.” She smiled back.

“Oh, she’s the one?” Sehun asked Luhan. “I thought she was just a staff or so.” He casually shrugged his shoulders and made Seohyun boil in annoyance but her manager was fast enough to notice this.

“Anyway, I think Seohyun-shi needs to prepare now. Nice meeting you.” Her manager dragged Seohyun away before she started throwing tantrums on Sehun.

Luhan and Sehun were left quite astounded but the actor cleared his throat. “Have you met her before?” Luhan shook his head. “Dude, I was kidding. She has a bad temper.” Sehun chuckled and shook his head.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you, Oh Sehun-shi. See you around the set.” Luhan patted Sehun’s shoulder and went to the other direction and started talking with the staffs.

 

Sehun was a well-known actor and was still very young. However, his fame caused him to possess such self-confidence. His personality is the exact opposite of the other artist, Seohyun, who, on the other hand, was very humble. Luhan was a world-known director and producer of many commercial films. The three of them, by fate or destiny, met at the set of a skin product commercial filming which was to be produced in different countries.

“Peace.” Seohyun’s manager cutely put up a V-sign while Seohyun skimmed through the concept of the commercial film. Seohyun kept on ignoring her manager since her stylists fix her for the filming. “You can’t just ignore me forever, Seohyun-shiiii~~”

She glanced at her manager who was leaning on the door. “Why did you say it was the ‘actor’ who requested for me to be the actress of this filming?”

“Well... what could have I said other than that to bring you here?” Her manager cutely pouted.

“Whatever.” Seohyun sighed. Her hairstylists just finished fixing her hair. She stood up and headed to the door but when she opened it, Sehun was about to open the door too. She could have closed it and slammed the door shut at his face but he quickly pushed the door open. He smirked at her.

“Oh, cool. You’re there. I thought you left.” Sehun said and walked past Seohyun inside the room. He put down his things on one of the dressers to wait for his stylists.

“I will because you came.” Seohyun threw back.

“Yes, please. Some privacy to an actor like me. That’s very respectful of you. I appreciate that.” Sehun smiled to himself while Seohyun rolled her eyes.

Seohyun’s manager wanted to in and cut off the heated conversation but she failed as Seohyun stopped her beforehand. “That’s a misconception, though. I’m leaving this room because I cannot breathe the same air as you.”

“Well then maybe you’d have to leave now because I’m suffocating with you around.” Sehun leaned back on the chair and scanned the magazine that was on the dresser. He flipped pages and Seohyun just slammed the door shut with her manager tagging behind.

 

“That was so childish.” Seohyun’s manager crossed her arms when they stopped at the set. Other staffs were so busy so they had to wait for everything to be settled. “You should be kind to him, you’ll be dealing with him for the rest of the day.”

“Not my fault!” Seohyun raised her hands in innocence. “He’s clearly starting it all.”

“Seohyun-shi. Just... calm down, okay?” Her manager patted her back. But she just looked grumpier. “I know he reminds you of him.”

“Now you mentioned it.” Seohyun rolled her eyes but sighed in the end. “You’re not helping.”

“Not my fault. Well, it’s been a year, Seohyun-ah~ now you’re back from hiatus and you can take your heart back.” Her manager then was called by one of the staffs.

Seohyun just crossed her arms again and walked around the set. She stopped by a railing and looked ahead. Everyone was busy walking back and forth in all directions inside the set. She missed this. But she still had to forget things.

 

A year ago, she decided to leave the industry in hiatus because of numerous issues embarked to her. She was involved in a romantic relationship with an actor and well, she thought everything was for real. But the actor, who was as arrogant as Sehun, just left her after the filming of the movie. It was quite the same as how everything’s going with Sehun. They totally disliked each other. But on the process of filming, they got to know each other better. Seohyun really liked him. And he thought he felt the same. Rumors started spreading but he denied everything about him and Seohyun. That’s when Seohyun decided to distance herself from him to completely forget him.

But now, all the feelings were starting to go back because of Sehun around.

Seohyun has a soft heart. The only reason why she’s acting this way towards Sehun was because he reminds her of Changmin—the man she fell for before.

She was brought back to reality when Luhan appeared before her. “Come on, Seohyun-shi. Let’s get started.”

She smiled at him and followed inside.

 

For some reasons, Luhan reminded her of the good side of Changmin. Sweet and gentle.

“On the first part, you stretch your arms, you know—just like how a person is when she wakes up. Just do it casually.” Luhan instructed her. She can’t help but just stare at him while he blabber the things she was supposed to do.

She only found herself nodding at him. Indeed, he was the good side of Changmin.

“You walk over there,” Luhan pointed at the terrace. “You’ll look at the vast view of the beach and just feel the blowing winds.” Luhan caught Seohyun just staring at her. He just chuckled and said, “You get it, right?”

Seohyun blinked twice, her cheeks almost reddened. “N-neh,” she answered while avoiding the young director’s gaze.

“Alright, that’s enough. How about my part?” Sehun interrupted and walked over them. He was watching Luhan instruct Seohyun from afar a while ago. He noticed how careful Luhan was in giving instructions and how Seohyun just blankly stared back at him. Luhan and Seohyun stepped away from each other. First, Luhan walked on the opposite side of the set to give instructions to the actor while Seohyun did not want to deal with Sehun other than filming.

After a few more minutes, the filming started.

“Cut!” Luhan shouted after a few seconds. He walked over Seohyun, “Stylists! Come here, please.”

“Waeyo?” Seohyun asked. They were standing at the terrace.

“It’s too windy. Your hair’s covering your beautiful face.” Luhan shook his head. Seohyun almost blushed. But Luhan was too focused removing hair strands that were covering her face. “Put a clip here or something.” He told Seohyun’s hairstylist.

Sehun rolled his eyes from afar. *Seriously?!*

“There, better.” Luhan muttered after the hairstylist fixed Seohyun’s hair. “Let’s go back filming.”

The part where Seohyun started walking towards the terrace, the hairslip slid down her hair. “Cut!” Luhan had to shout again. “Hey, can you fix it again for me?” he asked the hairstylist once again.

It happened twice more and Sehun grew impatient. He walked over and said, “Can she just walk towards the terrace, let the wind blow on her hair, then I walk over, greet her ‘good morning’ and be the one to fix her hair?”

“W-well. Good idea, but that’s not the part where you’d enter.” Luhan looked at the script and flipped through the pages.

“But let’s just try doing it.” Sehun suggested.

“Let’s go with that the director says.” Seohyun interrupted and sarcastically smiled at Sehun.

“Okay, let’s try doing it.” Luhan finally gave in and went back to his chair. “Places, please.” He told the staffs.

“With that the director says, huh?” Sehun smirked at Seohyun who ended up slumping her shoulders in defeat.

They started doing what Sehun suggested, but Seohyun gave no expressions at all. She grew irritated at the touchy-touchy Sehun but they ended up filming the five-second scene over and over again.

“Seohyun-shi, gaze at him a little sweeter.” Luhan said and she almost choked but Sehun just mockingly smiled at her.

They started filming again the scene where Sehun had to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

“Good morning.” Sehun said his line as he sweetly gazed at Seohyun. Though his touch sent tingling feeling to her stomach, she ended up glaring at him.

“What’s the good in morning to see your face?” She muttered.

“CUT!” Luhan called.

“Good morning, honey!” Sehun said his line again.

“Good morning!” Seohyun faked her smile.

“Messy hair.” Sehun said under his breath but Luhan still heard it.

“CUT!!!”

“Good morning, babe~”

Seohyun just forced herself to smile again but it was too fake.

“C. U. T.” Luhan called again.

“Good morning!”

“GOOD MORNING!” Seohyun greeted back with a smile but she ended up tucking her hair behind by ears by herself.

“Hey, I was supposed to do that.” Sehun muttered.

“I can do it myself better.” Seohyun muttered back.

“CUT! CAN YOU GUYS STOP BICKERING?!” Luhan walked towards them and crossed his arms. “What’s the matter with you two?”

“I think it’s better if he won’t appear on the scene.” Seohyun suggested.

“I think I’m gonna have to agree on that one. It’s seriously fake if I smile greeting her in the morning.” Sehun walked off towards his make-up artists.

“Alright, let’s get you fixed first, again.” Luhan said as he Seohyun’s stylists walked over. After a while, Seohyun successfully filmed the first part of the cf. “Cut!” Luhan called. “Good job.” He patted Seohyun’s shoulder as they headed to the next venue—the nearby beach.

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Seohyun stomped her feet on the sand. “No, seriously! I respect you a lot, Luhan-shi. But, CHASING AND HUGGING?!?!?!?! NOOOO!”

Luhan just chuckled at the priceless reaction of the actress. “Well, I did not make this script-whatsoever. Let’s bear with it. I swear, I did not like this part as well.”

Seohyun’s heart almost skipped a beat. *He’s a sweet talker...* “Then can we change it?”

“I’m afraid not.” Luhan said as he saw Sehun approaching them.

“Can we get this started?” Sehun asked. “Don’t worry, I do not like the scene as well.” He eyed Seohyun. “Let’s do it for the sake of filming.”

Luhan nodded, “And guys, just stop... bickering.”

Seohyun sighed and felt guilty. “Alright. Just shut up and stick to the script. Don’t add ‘babe’, ‘honey’ and all those.... sweet nothings.” She rolled her eyes and walked on the side where she’d have to start walking. Luhan and Sehun looked at each other and just chuckled.

 

They started filming seriously. They just wanted to get it over with. Sehun chased after Seohyun and wrapped his arms tightly around her body as soon as he caught up with her. They actually had to film this scene over and over again because Sehun would purposely drop her to the sand in a sudden just to annoy her.

“My bad. Too heavy.” Sehun said.

“Weak arms.” Seohyun would refute.

“Weak arms?” Sehun smirked and started walking towards Seohyun. He was obviously plotting something inside his head.

“Indeed.” Seohyun failed to see this coming. “Such a weakling. And you call yourself a man? Maybe you’re just an actor, that—I can accept.” She rolled her eyes and turned to walk to the other side again.

“Oh, weakling huh?” Sehun suddenly grabbed her arms and yanked her towards him. He lifted her bridal style and threw her to the water. “Such weak arms I have. Sorry.” He his back but Seohyun quickly got up, water dripping from her dress.

“No, no. You’re not going anywhere.” She quickly got on her feet and grabbed Sehun’s hand. She strongly dragged him towards the shore. It was surprising that she was strong enough. They started splashing water on each other. “You arrogant man!” Seohyun cursed.

But the latter just found himself having fun with all the rants of the actress. He just had to ride on with her.

Luhan smiled in contentment. He called his assistant and said, “You filmed that, right?” He received a nod. “Good, let’s just mute the volume. The bickering is pretty bad.”

The actor and actress did not stop fighting on the water until Luhan had to cut them off. “Stop it guys, filming’s done.”

They looked at him with shocked expressions. “FINALLY!” Both sighed in relief.

“Here.” Luhan handed a towel to Seohyun to dry herself. Sehun rolled his eyes *psh, he gets to give her a towel and not me?! how sweet. It’s showing, Director Lu Han. You like her.*

“Thanks.” Seohyun accepted the towel and walked towards her manager and assistants. Sehun walked the other way.

 

“Enjoy the sun without getting burned~” They watched the preview of the CF and everyone on the set was satisfied. Seohyun and Sehun’s jaw fell seeing how the cf turned out. They did not know they filmed the part where they fought with water.

“Good job, guys!” Luhan stood up and bowed to the staffs and to the artists. “Nice working with you, thank you, thank you.” He offered his hand for a handshake to Sehun and kissed the cheek of Seohyun.

*Seriously? THIS DIRECTOR IS SOMETHING.* Sehun thought as he witness the scene happen before him.

Seohyun’s chubby cheeks blushed. She had to hide it from the director so she turned around but ended up facing Sehun. She just rolled her eyes.

“Wow, geez. Thank you, too.” Sehun sarcastically remarked. “Won’t you be a little less disrespectful?”

“You showed no respect to me at all too.” Seohyun rolled her eyes.

“Well I did not have the chance to.” Sehun crossed his arms. “Anyway, nice working with you.”

“So arguing every millisecond was nice to you?” Seohyun raised her eyebrows. “To me, it wasn’t.”

“By any chance, do you not understand sarcastic remarks?” Sehun laughed a little. “Anyway, I say it again, it was nice working with you.” He playfully winked at Seohyun and left.

 

[A/N: Part 2 soon~]