Wonderful Tonight

ONESHOT Compilations

Listen: Wonderful Tonight - B1A4

 

 

“Yah! Stop staring!” Seohyun complained when she noticed that Sehun was intensely gazing at her. She was very close with her dongsaeng but she’s not used to it when he’s looking at her this way.

They were sitting on a bench at the park as Seohyun was reading a book. Sehun was sitting beside her and was facing her. However, instead of reading the book he was holding, he just stared at the beauty of his noona which made Seohyun shift in different position because of discomfort.

“Sehun.” Seohyun warned again as she continued reading. “I’m warning you. Stop. Staring. It’s very distracting. Read so you can gain some knowledge.”

Sehun just chuckled, “Oh, noona can just teach me.”

Seohyun suddenly closed the book she was holding and faced Sehun. “What do you want?”

“Just continue reading, noona. I don’t want anything.” Sehun said with the thought, ‘Sitting here beside you and watching you read is perfectly fine.’

Seohyun just sighed and opened her book once again. But in a few more minutes, she closed the book once again and looked at Sehun who just continued watching her. “You know what? Let’s just go and get some ice cream.”

As soon as they stood up, Seohyun casually shoved the book she was holding to Sehun’s chest. He gladly took it and carried it for her. They walked together to an ice cream shop. Their closeness is very unquestionable. It’s like everyone knows just how close they are. They were friends since they were just kids. The closeness between the two is still lasting.

Seohyun stared at the choices of ice cream flavors. She puffed her cheeks seeing the various choices of deliciously looking ice cream flavors.

“Yes? Won’t you get strawberry and choco marble?” The person from the counter asked. It seems like Seohyun and Sehun always hang out at the ice cream shop.

“I wanna try something new.” Seohyun cutely muttered. “Sehun, what do you like?” She then turned to her dongsaeng.

“Rocky Road?” Sehun said.

“Alright,” Seohyun then turned to the cashier. “One chocolate mint and one rocky road—wait.” She looked back at Sehun, “You cannot eat that! You’re allergic to nuts!” her eyebrows furrowed.

Even if Seohyun almost got mad at him for choosing something that’s not good for his health, he just giggled inside. His noona never fails remembering important things about him. After changing his order, Seohyun never stopped saying things to Sehun. They were her rants to Sehun for being so careless about his health.

“How can you just carelessly do that? Hmph!” Seohyun her ice cream. “Seriously, how many times should I remind you of the things that you’re not allowed to do and eat?”

Sehun just smiled meekly. “I’m sorry, noona.” But upon his sincere apology, he just received a light slap at the back of his neck. “Noona!” He whined as he clutched the books under his shoulders and rubbed his nape.

“Second, your exams are coming! How could you ask for a stroll at the park today?!” Seohyun started lecturing her dongsaeng once again.

“Well we were supposed to study at the park!” Sehun answered back. Seohyun stopped on her tracks and glared at Sehun. “Aaaah! Noonaaaa!” Sehun rubbed his right ear after Seohyun pulled it.

“Who are you raising your voice with?” Seohyun put her free hand on her hips.

“Mianhaeyo, noona.” Sehun cutely gazed at her. Seohyun sighed in defeat. Of course, Sehun’s growing up and maturing. He’s already junior while she was in the upper class. It’s inevitable for Sehun to talk informally to her considering the fact that they grew too close to each other.

She continued walking and Sehun just followed. “You know what, I’ll be graduating this year.” Seohyun said as they walked. “I’m going to be free from all your childish actions!” She faked a laugh. She knows she’s going to miss her dongsaeng. Once she moves to the city and work, being apart with Sehun would be the worst thing that can happen. Or that will happen.

Sehun pouted, “I’ll come with you.”

Seohyun chuckled, “Stupid.”

“NOONAAA!!!” Sehun stomped his feet.

Seohyun practically just ignored the latter. “Maybe one day if I become one of the richest person, we’ll meet again.”

Sehun frowned. He did not like the thought of being apart from Seohyun in a long time. “I won’t allow that. I object.”

Seohyun ruffled her dongaeng’s hair, “It’s okay. You’ll understand soon. I’ll come back once in a while.”

“I still don’t approve.” Sehun did not even look at her. His gaze was cold ahead of him.

Seohyun’s was sad too. But she really has to leave soon anyway. “Come on, let’s just get you studying.” Seohyun just walked ahead of Sehun towards his home which was just beside hers.

 

“Yah, Oh Sehun.” Seohyun put down her pen and crossed her arms as she was sitting on the floor across Sehun. “Get your head on this.” Sehun just continued twirling his pen in between his fingers. “OH. SE. HUN.” Sehun finally stopped and sighed in defeat. He started writing on the piece of paper.

But when Seohyun saw it, he was just doodling random figures.

“OH SEHUN!!!” Seohyun’s voice almost made all the birds fly away. She tapped on the table, “Please be focused. This is your final exam.”

“My mind can’t take it anymore~” Sehun pouted.

“If you won’t take this seriously, you’re really wasting my time. I’m always sacrificing my time just for you to take your studies seriously. I always stay up late just to finish your home works. I even do your projects. I used to contemplate on studying for my exams because I had to look for the materials—“ She was interrupted when Sehun suddenly pinched her cheek. “What was that?!” She blinked twice.

“Nothing~~” Sehun teased.

“That’s it.” Seohyun stood up and dusted her clothes. “I’m leaving. I hope you pass your exams. Thanks for wasting my time.” But when she passed by Sehun, he suddenly held her hand to stop her. She tried shrugging it off but Sehun yanked her down beside him. “Y-yah!” She stuttered at their close distance. Besides, Sehun’s not yet letting go of her hand.

“How do I do this, noona?” Sehun was clearly talking about how to solve the math problem. Seohyun noticed just now how perfect Sehun’s jawline was, how his skin was so fair. Her dongsaeng that she treated like her younger brother is really growing into a man. “Noona?”  Sehun suddenly looked at her, their faces just inches away from each other.

Seohyun quickly looked away and shifted her gaze towards Sehun’s paper. She was supposed to write but as she tried to, she noticed Sehun was still holding her hand. She awkwardly cleared and moved her hand for him to notice. But he hardly did. “Uhm... I need my hand to write.”

Sehun looked at their hands together. He seemed satisfied. “Aniyo, noona. You are not going to solve this for me. I will so just tell me how.”

“Y-yeah? But you can let go of my hand, Sehun.” She awkwardly chuckled.

“No, if I let go of your hand, you’ll be tempted to solve for me.” Sehun casually answered, squeezing her hand.

“Fine, fine.” Seohyun sighed, “Let’s get it started then.” Seohyun started teaching Sehun ‘again’ how to solve the mathematical problems. Sehun seemed to be enjoying while holding her hand. Soon, she felt comfortable with their hands together. But her stomach felt a tickle when Sehun suddenly slipped his fingers in between hers. Their hands were now intertwined. Sehun rested their hands on the table just beside the paper that he was writing on.

She stiffened upon Sehun’s sudden actions. “How about this, noona?” He pointed on his paper. Seohyun was brought back to reality from her lost trance and she looked over Sehun’s paper. He was doing fine, but most of his answers were wrong.

“Sehun, you really need to review more.” Seohyun said. She started talking again about the lessons that Sehun was not paying attention to. He just gazed at Seohyun. He couldn’t help it so he pinched Seohyun’s cheek again making her stop midway. She blinked twice again.

“I’m sorry. Your chubby cheeks are really distracting.” Sehun laughed at his own lame joke.

“OH. SEHUN.” Seohyun glared daggers at him. “Do that one more time and—“ before she could even finish, Sehun already pinched her cheek once more. “OH SEHUN!!!” Sehun almost jumped. He stood up knowing what will happen next.

“W-wait, okay? Let me explain. I-I wasn’t making fun of you, noona. I really wasn’t!” he started stepping backwards.

“Really? Then what were you doing?!” Seohyun stepped foward making Sehun step backward again.

“I... I was just...” Then Sehun finally smirked, “I just thought your cheeks are not chubby for nothing.”

“THAT’S IT!!!” Seohyun ran towards Sehun but he was fast enough to run away from her. They started chasing each other around the living room. To the kitchen. To the dining. And all around Sehun’s house. Good thing his parents weren’t around or they would have worsened the situation.

But Sehun grew tired of running away, so instead of continuing... knowing that Seohyun was just behind him, he suddenly turned around and faced the his raging noona. Because Seohyun was running towards him, she ended up running to Sehun’s open arms. She was caught off-guard. Sehun wrapped his arms tightly around Seohyun and lifted her slightly to turn around.

“Oh Sehun! You’ll be the death of me!” She tried prying off Sehun’s arm.

Sehun just laugh, “Noona, you’re getting heavier!” He just added fuel to the fire but he knew that Seohyun was very light in his arms.

“Then put me down!!!” Without hesitation, Sehun put her down. She caught her heavy breaths. “You’ll be really the cause of my death.” Seohyun shook her head.

Sehun just grinned at her. “Let’s get back to work.” He scratched the back of his head. Seohyun tiptoed and ruffled his hair.

“Nice commercial break.” Seohyun remarked as they headed back to the table to continue studying.

 

It was very early in the morning when Seohyun heard their doorbell ringing. She groaned and covered her ears in order not to hear the door bell ringing. But it was very persistent. She grumpily got up and headed downstairs. Her parents must be out for work already as she saw the house was empty.

“Good morning, noona!” Sehun smiled at the bed head Seohyun.

“What do you want?” Seohyun just yawned.

“You.” Sehun casually answered.

“What?!” Seohyun’s eyes widened and the next thing she knew was being pushed towards her bathroom.

“Be fast, I’ll be waiting downstairs.” Sehun said as he closed the door of the bathroom. He giddily went downstairs to wait for Seohyun.

 

“I’ll really have to get back on you next time.” Seohyun crossed her arms while they were walking. “First, you just disturbed my peaceful sleep. Second, tomorrow’s my graduation day. Don’t you know how dangerous it is to go out before graduating?”

“I’ll keep you safe noona. Don’t worry.” Sehun pulled her beside him and put an arm over her shoulder.

“No skinship. I still don’t forgive you.” Seohyun removed his hand on her shoulder but Sehun just put his arm around her neck and tried to yank her down like a kid. “Sehun!!!”

Then he loosened up. “Trust me, noona, okay? I just wanna hang out with you before you leave.” Sehun slipped his hand on Seohyun’s and started dragging her to places. Without any more complaints, Seohyun found herself getting along with whatever Sehun planned.

They just hang out like the usual thing they did. Riding the bike together and chasing each other. Running on the riverside like kids. Picking on each others’ food. And Sehun squishing Seohyun’s cheeks.

Seohyun just realized that their hands had been intertwined for the whole day. When they were kids, it was normal for them to run around the playground and hold each others’ hands. But at their current ages, it felt like it means more.

When the sun was setting, they sat at the bench to rest before going home. They were buried in a very awkward silence when Sehun took Seohyun’s hand again and started playing with her long fingers. “Thank you, noona.” Sehun suddenly said. Even if they were just simple words, Seohyun was deeply touched.

“Stop being sentimental, Sehun. It doesn’t suit you.” She tried joking but Sehun just sweetly looked at her hand in his.

“Well I just really wanted to thank you.” Sehun said.

“Yeah, whatever.” Seohyun just wanted to put a lighter mood. She’s not used to Sehun being this serious. She stood up and looked at Sehun, “Come on. Let’s go home.” She offered her hand for Sehun to take and he did not hesitated taking it. They walked hand in hand to the subway.

 

When they reached home, Sehun followed Seohyun towards her doorsteps. It was unusual since their houses were just beside each other and they would just wave goodbye to each other over the fence. And enter their respective gates together.

Seohyun stopped at the doorsteps. She looked up and Sehun and tiptoed to ruffle his hair, but soon Sehun took her hand to stop her. “You’re really growing up, huh? Sorry. I should stop ruffling your hair.”

“Ani...” Sehun took both of her hands. “Isn’t it better to just hold my hand than to touch my hair?” Seohyun did not even bother arguing with the fact that Sehun was talking informally to her right now. She looked down to hide her probably burning red cheeks.

It was quite the first time she felt this way towards Sehun.

“Just admit it, Oh Sehun. You’re going to miss your noona!” Seohyun pinched Sehun’s nose to lighten up the mood.

“I will miss you, noona.” Sehun sweetly said. Seohyun was taken aback. She did not expect Sehun to admit it. It made the atmosphere even more awkward.

Seohyun cleared , “I’ll see you tomorrow at the graduation ceremony.” She took her hands off Sehun’s and opened the door. “Good night, Sehun. I really had a great time.” Then she entered her house and closed the door behind her.

She wasn’t that far from the door when she heard a knock on the door. She was sure that it was Sehun.

She opened the door. “What—“ Before she could even make a sense in asking Sehun what he forgot or something, Sehun planted a kiss on her cheek.

“Good night, Noona. I felt wonderful tonight.” Sehun said knowing it was the night when he realized what he truly feels for his noona. Seohyun had to blink twice to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. Sehun just smiled at the astounded Seohyun. He stepped back and waved goodbye to Seohyun leaving her still in the state of shock.

 

Seohyun graduated and she’s already packed to leave. Sehun helped her carry her things to the car.

“Aish, noona! You shouldn’t be bringing too many things as if you’re not coming back!” Sehun complained while carrying a huge box.

“Well who said I’ll be coming back?” Seohyun said as she followed Sehun while carrying some of her bags.

“So you want me to be the one visiting you there? Wow, noona. You are very demanding.” Sehun teased.

“Who said I’d want a visit from you? I can manage myself!” Seohyun teased back. “I should be worrying about your grades though!”

“Yeah, right.” Sehun just rolled his eyes. Soon, after fixing Seohyun’s bags for leaving, she faced Sehun before getting inside the car.

“So... yeah, I’ll be leaving now.” Seohyun awkward said, “Anyway, take care of yourself, alright? You must be very happy inside that no one would force you to eat healthy foods, discipline you or bury you to tons of school works.”

Sehun was just silent, sadness plastered on his face.

“Anyway, goodbye now, Sehun. I’ll see you next time!” She stepped closer to Sehun and pulled him into a hug. “It may sound really funny, but I am going to miss everything about you, immature and playful Oh Sehun.”

Sehun hugged her back, “I am going to miss you too, noona. Visit when you can, alright?” They finally loosened up and faced each other. “Please take care of yourself too. I won’t be there to cheer you up or annoy the hell out of you. You’d miss me. Don’t be very sad.”

“Seo Joo Hyun-shii! Your parents must be waiting for you now!” Her driver called from the drivers’ seat of the car.

Seohyun lightly hit his arm, “I’ll go now.” Seohyun hesitatingly took a step towards the car. But it seems like Sehun wouldn’t be saying anything anymore. So she turned her back on him and walked towards the car where a driver was waiting.

She got inside the car, rolled the windows down and waved at Sehun. Sehun watched the car leave after the engine had started. The car was quite distant from him now but it was still visible. For about three blocks away, Sehun noticed the car halted. Curiously, he waited to know why. He then saw Seohyun getting down from the car and running back towards him. His eyes lit up in surprise.

Seohyun ran a little, she quite panted when she reached Sehun.

“W-wae noona?” Sehun asked.

“Well...” Seohyun gulped, “well, I just... wanted to give you this.” She showed a novel book to Sehun. She laughed softly, “I just thought maybe you could use this when you got bored. It’s the book I was reading at the park. Read this, it’s quite interesting—“

“You ran back to give me that?” Sehun asked.

“Well... yeah. Lame, right. I know. I’m weird like this.” Seohyun awkwardly chuckled. “Well, it’s okay if you don’t like it. I’ll just... take it with me then.” She looked around, avoiding Sehun’s eyes. “I guess you don’t like it then. How stupid. What was I thinking? I knew that you wouldn’t like this book anyway. So, I’ll—“

“I’ll take it.” Sehun cut her off. She looked up at him. He was asking for the book. She extended her arms for him to get the book, but instead of getting the book from her, he pulled her by her wrist and the next thing that Seohyun knew was Sehun’s soft lips crashed into hers. Butterflies were all over her body.

Sehun pulled back and held her chin up, “I will really miss you, noona.” He caressed her cheek with the back of his hand. “Go now, you’ll be late.” He gave her a nod and kissed her forehead.

Seohyun was out of words, she just started walking back towards the car.

“Hey, noona!” Sehun called back. She looked at him with questioningly, “the book!” Seohyun looked at her hands and she noticed the book was still with her. She just threw it to Sehun and he was able to catch it. He smiled at her and she just smiled back. She then started running towards the car to leave with her lips curved into a smile.