11. Umma! ~ Taekey

100 one-shots challenge

Taemin thinks he's really lucky to have Key acting as his umma when he joined SHINee. 

From their pre-debut days until now, Key has been always there for him. Guiding him whenever he needs help the most. Even when Taemin doesn't show it because of his pride, Key always knows what Taemin was thinking. He also sometimes gave him relationship advice with Minho.       

Today, Taemin was thinking on how to thank his Key umma. But he didn't know what to do or give. Thank god Jongkey wasn't home. If not Key umma would be fussing over him now. He wasn't really sure where Onew and Minho was though. Probably in their rooms sleeping like a pig. Taemin thought of who to ask for advice.

He could ask Jonghyun Appa/Hyung for help... Taemin shook his head. No. Jonghyun would only corrupt him more.

He could ask Minho-hyung for help... Nope. That's too childish. There goes his pride.

He could ask Jinki-hyung for help... Sounds good, Taemin thought. Provided that he isn't busy eating chicken. He scrambles out of his room and went around finding Onew. Taemin didn't find him in the kitchen. Taemin didn't find him in his room. Taemin didn't find him in the toilet.

WHERE IS THAT LEADER WHEN YOU NEED HIM DAMNIT! Taemin mentally shouted.

As if on cue, Onew opened the door to their dorm and found a Taemin with a lost expression in the living room. Onew shook him a bit -- "Taemin-ah, what's wrong?" 

Taemin burbled, "HYUNGWHEREDIDYOUGOINEEDTOASKYOUSOMETHINGIMPORTANTANDICANTFINDYOU."

Onew lifted his eyebrows. "Eh? I thought you know that I am going for Star King fliming when we briefed on our schedule today last night?"

Of course! Schedule. Taemin mental-facepalmed himself.

"Anyway," Onew asked, "why were you looking for me?"

"Oh." Taemin said. "Um.. I want to give Key umma something this weekend, in time for mothers' day. BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO GIVE." Taemin wailed.

Onew smiled. "Taemin, I think Key would appreciate it more if you do something for him, and not giving him something. He has quite a lot of 'things' already.

DING! An invisible lightbulb lighted above Taemin's head. He thanked his hyung and planned his surprise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day before the surprise, Taemin sneaked out of the dorm when Key was on his schedules (Thank god again)  and went to the nearby supermarket to get whatever he needed. Also, he talked to his Manager and took over Key's schedule tomorrow, since he didn't have any besides the live performance in the evening. He was sure that Key would like his gift.

The next morning, Taemin awoke at 4am just to make his Key umma a special breakfast-in-bed before he woke up at 5. Taemin giggled as he covered his finished product of his breakfast with a cover to not let it cool easily. He sneakily creeped into Key's room and lightly put the tray down with a note:

Dear Key Umma~

Umma~! Happy Mother's Day! This is my special breakfast in bed for you. In the envelope, there is a voucher for you to eat at your favourite restaurant, and shop at your favourite shopping mall. Just enjoy yourself and only report for your last schedule, the live performance. SHINee can't do w/o you! Thank you Key Umma!

Taeminnie(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Key's alarm clock went off at 5am sharp, waking Key up. As he rubbed away the sleep in his eyes, he spotted the tray and letter. He picked it up and read it groggily. He smiled at Taemin's letter and went to wash up before enjoying the breakfast, which was really nice, in his opinion. After that, he changed and hit the streets to his shopping mall, earning every member's envy as he strutted out of the dorm triumphantly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the live performance started, SHINee was up in 3 minutes. Key took this backstage freetime to thank Taemin. And it all turned out nice and sweet, not to mention a certain leader/chicken lover exclaiming, "I GET CREDITS!"