Rain (Angst) Zhoury

100 one-shots challenge

 

Author POV Foreword~
The raindrops fell from the sky as if there will never be an end to it. Zhoumi stared out of the window blankly, looking at the raindrops that were harshly hitting the windows before splitting into smaller droplets and dispersed. The loud pitter-patter of the rain made those painful memories flash across Zhoumi's mind all at once and all the pain hit his heart once again, hard. Till today, Zhoumi still couldn't get that scene out of his mind and blamed himself for causing all those bad things to happen. He slowly approached the window, opened it and sat at the edge of it, legs dangling freely off the building. The cool crisp rain hit his face as tears rolled down his flushed cheeks. All of the bad things happened on a day like this, on a day when the raindrops fell mercilessly.
 
 
 
Now onto the fic~
 
*FLASHBACK*
Zhoumi's hands were trembling. Trembling from both excitement and also fear. Excitement was because he finally mustered up enough courage to propose marriage to Henry. Fear was because he feared that Henry would reject his proposal. Zhoumi decided to propose to him at the very first restaurant where they shared their first kiss, and also where they had their first date. When he parked his car at a parking lot opposite the restaurant, he assured himself once more before getting out of the car. His footsteps became heavier as he inched closer to the restaurant they frequented ever since. He took a deep breath and entered the restaurant.
 
When he entered he restaurant, he heard greetings from the waiters there and also exhilarated Henry waving at him, asking him to come to him. He smiled warmly at Henry's cuteness and walked over to their seat, tucking his hands inside his jacket to prevent it from trembling further.
 
" Jagiya! I missed you soooo much! Did you miss me too?" Henry exclaimed as he pulled Zhoumi for an embracing hug.
 
" Hmmmmm... Did I miss you? " Zhoumi replied teasingly, only getting a gentle punch on his arm by Henry, " Of course I did Yeobo! How could I not even miss you?" he continued flashing his broad smile, causing Henry to giggle at his sweet nothings.
 
" This is it! Now or never! " Zhoumi thought as he oulled out the ring box from his pocket. He swiftly knelt down in front of  Henry and opened the box.
 
" Henry Darling! Will you please marry me? " Zhoumi said nervously, loud enough for everyone in the restaurant to hear. Hnery gasped at Zhoumi's sudden actions and stood up awkwardly.
 
" Say yes! Say yes! Say yes! Say yes! " Henry heard the people around them chant, even the chefs came out of the kitchen to chant along! He looked down nervously to see Zhoumi's anxious yet fearful expression. Henry fumbled with the edge of his shirt before nodding shyly, feeling blood gush at his cheeks, causing him to blush tomato red.
 
Seeing Henry nod, Zhoumi widened his eyes and could hardly contain his excitement. He instinctively stood up and  and slid the ring onto Henry's finger. He pulled Henry for a loving hug before kissing him sweetly yet passionately. The people clapped loudly and complimented on how sweet the looked together. After their lip-lock, Zhoumi gave Henry another bone-breaking hug.
 
" Mi-Mi, I ca...cant bre..breathe!" Henry stammered while gasping for air desperately. Zhoumi loosened his grip alittle when he heard Henry's ragged breathing. The good part was not only Henry agreed to marry him, the restaurant even decided to treat their food!
 
After their romantic dinner, Zhoumi held Henry's hand tightly and lead them out to his car. It was raining heavily so Zhoumi pulled his jacket over Henry's head and both quickly scampered over to his car. Zhoumi then decided to drive around for a little while before driving Henry home.
 
" Zhoumi! Slow down! You're reaching the speed limit!" Henry shouted while punching Zhoumi's hand again. Zhoumi smiled at how Henry looked like and reassured him that everything was fine and also to just sit back and enjoy the ride. Hearing Zhoumi's words, Henry shrunk back on his seat and thought that he must have been thinking too much. Since the start of the ride when the rain became more heavier, Henry felt that something really bad was going to happen.
 
" BAMMMMMMMM! " a loud deafening voice pierced through the air. Zhoumi drove into the wrong lane and Crashed right into a car, causing the car to overflip and land on the road. Shards of glass pieces flew everywhere and some cute Zhoumi. Henry's whole body was thrown towards the frontscreen. His body hit the glass hard, causing it to shatter and he flew out of the car, landing on the concrete road head first. A pool of blood trickling down Zhoumi's forhead as he hit the headboard of the car hard. Zhoumi opened his eyes, only seeing Henry's lifeless body lying in a pool of blood that was slowly being washed away by the rain. " Get out of thr car Zhoumi! Quick! " a voive in his head resounded. Gathering up all the strength left in him, he squirmed out of the car, ignoring the pain over his whole body. The only thing he wanted to was to get to Henry's side.
 
He forcefully got up and walked towards Henry. In a fraction of a second, his car exploded, causing him to flew front. He winced at the excessive pain at his legs and the blood that was tricklinh down his forehead was blurring his version. Using his elbows, he tried to get closer to Henry, but he had no more strength left in him. The rain poured on them heavily, hitting their wounds hard. Henry grimaced in excruciating pain. THe pain was so intense that he couldnt move any part of his body. He tried to turn his head to his left and saw Zhoumi near him. He reached out his hand, wanting to hold Zhoumi, but soon out and closed his eyes, chest no longer moving.
 
" Hen... Henry... " Zhoumi reached out for Henry's Hand. He was so close to him, but yet also so far. Soon, darkness slowly engulfed him as he  finally managed to reach for Henry's cold and lifeless hand. The last thing he saw was a faint image of Henry, and the loud sirens of the ambulance.
 
Two weeks later, Zhoumi woke up and found himself in a whitewashed room. He then saw a face full of anxiousness peeked at him. It was his mom. Zhoumi tried to get up but was pushed down by his mom's strong hands.
 
" Um um umma, wh whe where i i is Henry?" Zhoumi questioned, the dryness of his throat eliminating his voice and killing him. His mother handed him a glass of water which he accepted gratefully and gulped it down. He then look at his mom again for the answer to his question. Just then, the doctor came in to check up on him and his mom had to leave the room.
 
After the check up, Zhoumi attacked his mom with his concerns on where Henry was.
 
" Son, you'll have to prepare yourself for what I'm going to say next." his mom said in a worrying tone. Zhoumi nodded his head eagerly, desperate to know where was Henry.
 
" Henry... He... died due to excessive blood loss," his mom said softly. Zhoumi widened his eyes in shock, no words could come out of his mouth.
 
" BWOH?! HENRY'S DEAD?! NO IT CAN'T BE! MOM UR JOKING RIGHT?! THIS IS ALL A JOKE! TELL ME IT'S ALL A JOKE! TELL ME!" Zhoumi screamed as he was worked up, unable to accept the fact that Henry was already dead. He shook his mom's shoulders furiously. His mom only shook her head and looked down. Tears escaped from Zhoumi's eyes.
 
" It can't be! This is all fake! It's not true! Henry won't leave me! We still have to get married! Then go for our honeymoon! And also adopt lots of children and make our very own family! Mom this isn't true right?! You're joking right? Or... This is all just a dream! A nightmare! I must wake up from this! This is all fake! " zhoumi exclaimed before pulling the blanket covers over his head and soon fell into deep slumber, his pillow soaked with his very own tears.
 
Years after years passed since that incident occured. All the gruesome memories where still fresh in his mind as if all those had just happened a moment ago. Zhoumi wondered why was he still alive, why didn't God let him be with Henry. Zhoumi looked at the ring on his finger. It was the simlar ring to what Henry was wearing on that day.
 
" I'm so sorry Henry... I should have listened to you that day... If not all these wouldn't have happened... You wouldn't have left me... But don't worry. I'm coming Henry! I'm coming soon! Wait for me!
 
" It's time for us to be together again... Finally... " soon, Zhoumi pushed himself of the window ledge and jumped off the building. He landed on the floor with a sickening thud and a pool of blood gathered beneath him as the raindrops fell on his body, washing away the blood beneath him. It was the same raindrops, the same raindrops that took away Henry... Now... Forever... They will be together...