Waiting

My Guardian Angel

 

*Ring Ding Dong Ding* (lol cwidt)

The days of the week flew by quickly as the ending school bell rang dismissing the students of South Pacific High School to enjoy their weekend.

Jihyun quickly walked over to the school entrance to meet up with her brother and their friends.

“Jihyun-ah!” A familiar voice called onto her. Jihyun turned over to face the person who called her with a sweet smile, “Annyeong Sehun-oppa.” Sehun couldn’t help but smile from Jihyun’s smile *That smile…* “Have you seen Kai-oppa?” She asked Sehun.

“Looking for me, sis?” A voice said as the two turned around. Kai was smiling with his two friends next to him, Chanyeol and D.O. “Yo!” D.O greeted with his so-called ‘swag’ Chanyeol shook his head with a chuckle, “Should we get going now?” Chanyeol asked the group and Kai nodded at him. They started walking but Jihyun stopped them.

“Wait! We still have to wait for Baekhyun-oppa!” She blurted.

“Baekhyun’s at his key-club meeting today, so he’s probably going to meet us home a little late.” Kai responded as they all started walking.

Jihyun’s face formed an “O” as she slowly followed behind. Her face fell and felt a hit of disappoint. No one seemed to notice her feelings, feelings of how she seemed to like Baekhyun’s company, how she admires him.

They all walked to Kai & Jihyun’s house, it was like one of their usual hangout places since it was only a few minutes away from the school.

“Is Suho-hyung going to visit us today?” Chanyeol asked. “Umhmm, he texted me at school today.” D.O answered with a smile. “Can I cook something today?” He asked Kai with using a little bit of his aegyo skills for permission in the kitchen, which is his favorite place in the house. “Pwease?” He begged as he put his hands together.

Kai shook his head with a small chuckle, “Just don’t burn down my house.” D.O grinned feeling success. *Yay! What shall I cook? ~*

“Let’s play PS3!” Chanyeol announced as he held out a game in his hands, “Naruto, your favorite!” “Ok, loser has to help D.O cook!” Kai smirked. *Chanyeol, you can’t beat me in my favorite game.*

D.O’s eyes widened, “No! No one needs to help me cook! It’s fine!! You two have fun playing.” He doesn’t like when people go into the kitchen while he cooks, one of his biggest pet peeves.

Jihyun smiled at the two playing *Haha, Oppas are such little kids.* Sehun observed Jihyun and smiled *Her smile is so… pretty* Jihyun’s eyes shifted onto Sehun as he quickly looked away. “Oppa, aren’t you going to play with them too?” She asked. Sehun just shook his head and smiled.

15 minutes flew by fast yet Kai and Chanyeol were still playing the PS3. Jihyun got bored of watching and sneaked into the kitchen. She saw D.O making one of his signature dishes, the omurice.

“Mm~ smells good!” She gladly acknowledged his cooking skills. “Hey, I’m not done yet!” D.O growled. Jihyun smiled as she apologized, “Mianhae, but I’m going to stay here because they’re so boring playing video games again!”

“No!” D.O barked. “Waeyo? I like it here, smells nice~” She complimented. D.O’s insides smiled, he loved when people complimented his cooking yet he doesn’t like when people see him cook, “Yah! Go back! I said I’m not done yet!” “Oppa, you’re so mean.” Jihyun pouted as she gave up and returned back to their living room.

“D.O kicked you out again?” Kai smirked as she nodded at him. “Yes! I got kicked out of my own kitchen! This is not the reality I wanted!” She crossed her arms and pouted. Chanyeol went over to pat her head, “Aww, poor Jihyun, D.O didn’t kicked you out of your own kitchen!” He then stuck his tongue out, “Mehrong~ that’s what you get for always being mean to me!” Jihyun put her fist up and threatened him, “Yah! Do you want to die!?” Chanyeol ran and hid behind Kai, “Kai! Look! Your sister’s going to kill me! Help me!”

“Go away Chanyeol! You lost! That’s your fault~” Kai chuckled as he moved away from Chanyeol. Jihyun put both her hands into a fist shape as she strolled to Chanyeol with a mean look on her eyes. *Park Chanyeol!!!*

Chanyeol gulped and ran around the living room as fast as he could with Jihyun chasing after him. “Help me!!” He yelped as he ran.

A door bell rang which made the two stop running. “I’ll go get it~” Chanyeol said as he quickly ran for the door. *Saved by the bell*Chanyeol opened the door and saw their friend Suho. “Annyeong~” Suho greeted with a calm friendly smile.

“Hyung! Thank you for saving me! Your cousin was about to kill me!!” Chanyeol panicked cutely as he hid behind Suho going inside. “Again!? What’d you do this time?” Suho asked with a small chuckle. “Oppa, he’s so immature.” Jihyun eyed Chanyeol as he gasped, “See!”

Suho laughed and went over to greet Sehun & Kai who was sitting down. D.O came went inside the living room, “Just in time for food, hyung!” “Yay!” Chanyeol clapped his hands like a little kid and skipped into the kitchen dragging Sehun along.

They all sat down at the kitchen as Suho looked around at all of them, “Where’s Bacon?” “He got fried by D.O” Chanyeol joked earning himself a glare from D.O and quickly shut his mouth.

“He’s at his Key Club meeting today.” Kai replied and looked over at Jihyun, who remained standing while everyone sat down, “Aren’t you going to eat?” Jihyun’s voice became soft, “I’m going to wait for Baekhyun-oppa…” Kai tilted his head, “Baekhyun?” “I don’t mind waiting for a bit! You can eat! I’m not hungry yet!” She smiled.

Everyone was eating except for Jihyun, who was sitting down in the family room next to the kitchen waiting for Baekhyun. While they were eating, there was a small noise coming from the family room, Jihyun’s stomach growled. They all turned to look at her as she bit her lip shyly, “I’m fine! I’m not really hungry!” She lied even though she was hungry. Kai looked at her *Why is Jihyun acting so weird nowadays? Hmm, what if she—? Don’t misunderstand now Kai…*

Suho noticed the small frown on Jihyun’s face as she looked over at the empty chair where Baekhyun would have been sitting at. “What’s wrong, cuz?” He asked as she blinked at him innocently, “Nothing, why?” Suho grinned, “Seems like you’re sad when Baekhyun’s not here.” Jihyun’s cheeks turned red, “Huh? What are you thinking Oppa!? Haha, I just wanted to wait for Baekhyun so he wouldn’t have to eat alone…” She simply replied with her innocence covering up her feelings.

Sehun looked at her with a concerned look, “If you’re hungry, you can eat, I’m sure Baekhyun would understand, it’s his fault for being late.” “Yup, Sehun’s right! It’s Baekhyun’s fault for missing my freshly cooked omurice!” D.O agreed with Sehun. Jihyun softly smiled yet she shook her head and still refused to eat.

Everyone finished eating and went over to the living room. “Still not going to eat? The food is cold already.” Kai told Jihyun. She shook her head, “I’ll wait.” “You’ll wait?” Kai became curious of his sister’s weirdness because he knew how much she loved eating D.O’s cooking.

Before Jihyun could reply, the doorbell rang. A wide smile appeared on her face, “He’s here!” Kai gave a weird look at Jihyun running to the door. *Jihyun is getting very unpredictable nowadays*

Jihyun happily opened the door to see Baekhyun, “Oppa!” She greeted him happily. “Hey guys! Sorry I’m late!” Baekhyun apologized as he came inside.

Kai grew even more curious as he noticed his sister’s actions. *She always would greet me happily. Other than me, I realized, she’s like that with Baekhyun also… Does she like him?* Kai shook his head *Aniya, I need to stop misunderstanding things.*


A/N: Sorry i haven't been updating in a while. >~< I'm going to be gone for a vacation for a few days so i might go on a mini haitus, but don't worry. I'll be back~ /sings 2PM

I hope you guys are enjoying this story. c: Thank you ♥