High School

My Guardian Angel

 

2 years passed by, Jihyun was finally in high school with her brother and his friends, whom she considered her own. Jihyun opened up more and escaped her shy cell, yet she only opened up to limited amount of people which was Kai, Sehun (Jihyun’s first friend), Chanyeol (Kai’s best friend), Suho (Their cousin), D.O (Kai’s friend whom he met in high school), and Baekhyun (Kai’s newest friend).

For Kai, he became popular a lot more but even though a lot of girls started falling for him, he never really paid much attention to it and he just liked hanging out with his friends and his sister.

~ ~ ~

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The alarm clock rang signaling the first day of high school for Jihyun. She was finally going to be with her brother and his friends. She felt kind of nervous to a new start. Even though she hangs out with her brother and his friends out of school, she’d feel awkward hanging out with them during school.

There was a loud alarming knock on Jihyun’s door. “Jihyun! Wake up your brother! I don’t want you two to be late on your first day of school!” Their dad said before leaving to work. Their dad was both a father and a mother to both of them since their mother passed away.

“Arrasso, Appa!” Jihyun said as she rubbed her eyes. *I hope there’s less bullies in high school. Oh well, that doesn’t matter because I finally get to be with Oppa in school again!*

Jihyun ran to her brother’s room and started banging on the door and, “Oppaaaaaaaaaaa! Wake up!!” Even with Jihyun yelling, Kai was still sound asleep on his bed. Jihyun growled, “Oppa, if you don’t answer I am going inside whether you like it or not!” Still no reply.

“Aish…” Jihyun muttered as she twisted the door knob open. She stomped her foot all the way to get to his bed and pulled his covers making him feel the cold air. Kai’s eyes squinted at Jihyun and groaned, “Give me back my blankie! It’s cold!” “Oh hush, it’s still summer! Maybe not vacation since you have school now! C’mon wake up! Appa made breakfast!” Jihyun cheered.

*Aish, so loud in the morning. Why would Jihyun be so hyper in the morning? Ugh.* Kai thought as he snuggled on his pillow trying to continue his sleep.

Jihyun grunted and smirked. *You really don’t want to wake up huh? We’ll see about that!* Jihyun downstairs to get ice and laughed deviously. *Hahaha, oh Oppa, you should’ve just woke up~*

Suddenly Jihyun’s eye widened as she was standing face to face with her brother in front of his room. “Uhh… Good morning Oppa!” She grinned innocently. Kai’s half-asleep face shot a glare, “What were you planning to do with that ice-cube in your hand? Hmm?” Jihyun bit her lip trying to look for an excuse, “Umm… breakfast in bed?” “Yah! Kim Jihyun, do you want to die!? You better not have planned to wake me up using that ice technique or else!!” Kai barked. Jihyun chuckled. *At least now he’s awake~*

The doorbell suddenly rang. “Uh-oh! Oppa, you woke up the neighbors!” Jihyun covered feeling innocent. Kai shook his head and headed for the door. *I hope I didn’t startle the neighbors or anything. This is all Jihyun’s fault!* He opened the door and to his surprise, his friends, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were standing there.

“What are you two doing here?” Kai asked, feeling embarrassed because of his pajamas. “Nice pajamas~” Chanyeol teased. “Shut up, Chanyeol.” Kai muttered in his red teddy bear pajamas. “Who’s there Op—“ Before Jihyun went downstairs to check, she suddenly froze as she saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol at the door. *Ommo, Baekhyun-oppa’s here too!? He can’t see me in my pink teddy bear pajamas or else that’ll be so embarrassing! Eeeh!* Jihyun quickly retreated upstairs to get ready.

“Weird, I thought I heard Jihyun just now.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun shrugged, “You probably scared her off Chanyeol.” “Yah! What’s that supposed to mean?” Chanyeol yammered. “So loud in the morning!” Kai grunted. “Sorry for disrupting you so early in the morning, Kai.” Baekhyun apologized. “It’s fine, at least you’re not loud like Chanyeol or my sister.” Kai replied. “I heard that!!” Jihyun, from upstairs, and Chanyeol both cried at the same time.

“Ok, whatever.” Kai rolled his eyes, “Come in and join us for breakfast. I’m just going to get ready.” “Yes!!” Chanyeol chirped, “This is why I love coming to Kai’s house so early in the morning, the breakfast is like heaven! See, Baekhyun, you should thank me for calling you over to Kai’s! Kekeke~” Baekhyun shook his head and chuckled as the two went inside to wait for the siblings.

Jihyun finished dressing up first and looked at herself in the mirror with her new uniform. *South Pacific High school, huh? Now that I have my Oppas to support me I can do this!* “Aja aja hwaitting!” Jihyun cheered herself on. Kai saw Jihyun from the doorway and smiled at his sister’s adorableness. *I’m glad you’re starting to open up more now, Jihyun-ah.*

Jihyun got startled by her brother when she walked out of her room, “Oh oppa! You scared me!” Kai chuckled, “Let’s go downstairs.”  The two went down stairs to enjoy the breakfast meal that their father prepared with Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

After breakfast, the four of them walked to school. Chanyeol was blabbing nonstop about random things, Kai just laughed along while Jihyun and Baekhyun were just silent. Jihyun was walking the same distance with Baekhyun and she quickly fastened her walking paste.

“Jihyun.” Kai called out as she turned around, “Deh?” “Why are you walking so fast? Are you that excited to go to school or what?” Kai asked chuckling. Jihyun shook her head and walked normal speed next to Baekhyun. There was something about Baekhyun that made Jihyun feel nervous. *Why am I always like this around Baekhyun-oppa? Get to your senses, Kim Jihyun!*

“So, Jihyun-ah, are you excited for your first year of high school?” Baekhyun asked which startled Jihyun from her thoughts. “H-huh!?” She stuttered. Baekhyun chuckled, “Why’d you get scared all of a sudden? Haha.” Jihyun was lost in thoughts from Baekhyun’s laugh which made butterflies flutter in her stomach. *Stop feeling this way Jihyun!! He’s your brother’s friend! You can’t fall in love with him! He’s too good and… EEEH! Just don’t ask for a heart break!*

“Because she’s a derp.” Chanyeol laughed teasing Jihyun. Jihyun’s thoughts of Baekhyun was disrupted making her glare at Chanyeol, “Be quiet, you!” Chanyeol stuck his tongue at her. Kai shook his head with a chuckle. *So immature.*

After walking a few blocks, they reached their destination, South Pacific High School. Jihyun stared at it amusingly. *So this is where Oppa went… It looks nice.* Kai snapped her out of her thoughts, “Just because the school looks nice doesn’t mean the people are.” Jihyun sighed. *Yup, he’s right.*

When they entered the school, Jihyun got surprised when someone ran up to hug her. “Jihyun!!!” Sehun greeted loudly and friendly. “Another one so loud in the morning.” Kai commented. Sehun stuck his tongue out at him. “Where’s D.O?” Kai asked as Sehun pointed to a guy with a hat trying to get at girls.

“A-yo whattup, I’m D.O.” He said winking at the girls who seem unimpressed. Suddenly the 3 girls started squealing. D.O smirked in success *Yup, who says I don’t have swag? Psh, Chanyeol thinks he’s the only one that can pull that off. I did it better. I mean look, the girls are all over me now~*

“Ayo whattup, D.O. Why are you taking my lines, bro!?” A voice said behind D.O as he turned around to face Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai, Sehun, and Jihyun. D.O gulped as he faced Chanyeol’s seemingly fury, “Stealing my lines, are we!?” He chuckled, “Don’t worry, I’ll always be better than you at that. Mwuahahha.” He winked conceitedly making the girls squeal more.

“Ommo it’s Chanyeol and Kai-oppa!!” the first girl squealed.
“They get cuter every year!” The second girl squealed.
“Even Baekhyun and Sehun look so hot!” The third girl squealed.

D.O’s mouth dropped, “What about me!?” The three girls pushed him aside to continue staring at their eye-candies. Kai’s group was popular and known for their looks. Everyone had their own taste from the 6, well now only 5 because Suho graduated, and sadly for the D.O, he hit on the wrong girls.

“Wow, Oppas are so popular.” Jihyun commented. When the girls heard her speak, they took sudden notice of her. *Who is she!? Is she one of their girlfriends or something!?* Sudden thoughts filled their minds. “She’s my sister, if you three don’t see the resemblance.” Kai spoke up. The three looked at Jihyun and then at Kai. The resemblance wasn’t too obvious and very similar but they did resemble each other.

“Oh!” The girls sighed in relief knowing that their eye-candy Oppas didn’t have a girlfriend. The bell rings signaling students to make their way to class. With larger crowds and more people passing by, Jihyun grew confused and didn’t know where to go. *Ottokke…?* Sehun held Jihyun’s hands so she wouldn’t get lost in the crowd. “Don’t get lost now.” He said reassuring her with a smile.

From the crazy crowd Kai looked around to see his sister. He saw her and Sehun looking at each other with a smile on their faces. He then looked down to see Sehun holding onto Jihyun’s hands. *Nah, I’m just seeing things… right?*

 


A/N: So, how do you guys like my story so far? I kind of skipped all the way to high school so yeah~

I feel like it's bad since i don't get much response. :\

I'm not a comment-hungry author but i just want to know what my readers think.

Since i'm not getting much response, i feel like it's bad. D:

Le sighs.