Dinner

Love Under the Sun

 

You walked out of your apartment and sneaked out the back in order to avoid anybody with a camera around the front. The place you agreed to have dinner at was not too far away and so the two of you decided to walk there instead of drive. You know you agreed to take things slow but because you never see him around, you started to feel a little bit lonely. The only problem was that Jiyong didn't know how slow to take things. Should he hold your hand? Should he wrap his arm around you? Maybe he should just keep his distance. Without thinking any further he reached down and grabbed your hand confidently when he was sure no one was looking. You felt awkward because he was taller than you and your arm was in front. You pulled your hand away for repositioning, but he looked down at you shocked, almost offended.

 

“Is that really too fa-” He was cut off by you sliding your hand back into his from the backside. His expression changed to understanding as you intertwined your fingers with his. “You're right. That's much better.”

 

You laughed at him and tightened your grip, letting him know you were happy to be there.

 

“You do realize you're going to lose tonight, right?” He was staring straight ahead.

 

“I don't think you should get so cocky. It's just gonna hit you harder later, after I beat you.”

 

 

You walked into restaurant and were seated in the very back corner by a window. Even though your view was only of the passing cars, you still enjoyed it. There were very few people in the restaurant, and the only person that seemed to recognize that someone famous was in the building was the waitress who, coincidentally, was only waiting on the other side of the restaurant.

 

“What are you ordering?” You asked nonchalantly and you pushed the menu to the other side of the table. You didn't really get a choice of what you wanted to eat.

 

“Undecided.” He smiled up at you. “You're not even gonna look for a back up plan? I think you are the one getting cocky.” He scoffed looking back down at the menu.

 

“No. There's quite a difference between being confident and being cocky.”

 

“And you're being cocky!”

 

“False!” you almost said loudly. Even though your tone was playful you were getting a little heated.

 

“Alright, I'm ready to order.” His smile radiated brilliantly, almost tempting you to accept defeat early, but you wouldn't give in. You still had a chance. You reached over and pressed the button summoning the waiter.

 

After Jiyong ordered from the menu, it was your turn to work your magic.

 

“Excuse me, sir, I know you don't offer them for dinner, but I was wondering if I could have some pancakes.” You dawned your begging face and mustered up the sweetest voice you could.

 

“I'm sorry, ma'am, but as you can see on the menu, we stop serving breakfast at 11:00”

 

“Oh no!” You looked down at your hands on your lap. “That's all I wanted to eat. I don't like anything else.” You put on a defeated face and stole a glance at Jiyong. He was smiling contently but not looking at you. The waiter bowed to you than turned away, looking slightly apologetic. You quickly reached out your hand and grabbed the back of his shirt.

 

“Please, sir, I'm pregnant.” Jiyong choked on his water and looked up at you, his smile disappeared. “I'm really craving pancakes. I might go crazy.” You pleaded with him, your armed still tugging at his shirt.

 

After a sigh and a moment pause, he turned back towards you. “Alright, I will see what I can do” He walked away.

 

“He's totally gonna bring them!” You laughed in satisfaction. Your tone was back to your normal voice. “You know what that means?” He was staring at you with wide eyes.

 

“That's cheating! You just lied to him!” He glanced at you. “You're not pregnant are you?”

 

“No!” You said laughing. “And it's not cheating. All I had to do was convince him to bring me some pancakes and I did. So I win.” You crossed your legs satisfied. “I do believe you own me one heck of a romantic date Mr, Kwon.”