Pancakes

Love Under the Sun

 

A week had passed with you and Jiyong barely seeing each other. He was never there when you woke up, and always came home late. He had warned you about this but you didn't realize how much you would never see him. You stopped saving him dinner and instead saved him special deserts you had started to bake throughout the day. You got lonely at times, craving his company. You would crave even the smallest of smiles he would give you when he walked into his room at night. He was tired. Always. You could tell how the large bags under his eyes started to grow and become more apparent. You wished you could do something to help, but knew of nothing. All you could do was to wait until he came home, late at night, and feed him your delicious deserts that he savored with every bite.

 

“I'M HOME!” One day Jiyong barged through the front door. He came into the kitchen and saw you standing there, empty bowl in hand, preparing to bake something. “I'm home.” He cooed at you, placing his elbows on the table and his head in his hands.

 

“I can see that.” You smiled widely bending your elbows down on the table to look him in the eyes. “So, what brings you home so early?” Your head tilted slightly to the side.

 

“I just couldn't wait to see you.” He had a smug smile on his face that made you laugh.

 

“Oh, really?” You straightened up and placed your hand on your hip. A smirk was growing on your face. “Am I that irresistible?”

 

“To me you are.” He leaned forward so his face you inches from yours. “You and your deserts.”

 

“Oh. So that's the reason.” You leaned towards him until your foreheads were touching. You eyes dug into his, and your smile was playful. “So my magic really worked on you?” You raised your eyebrows, leaned back while looking away from him, and picked up the baking bowl, moving over the other side of the counter.

 

“Clever.” Jiyong threw his head back and laughed at your wit. “Very clever.” He gave into your game and walked over to you. “What are you making?” He asked curiously. Leaning over your shoulder.

 

“Pancakes.” Your eyes widened enthusiastically and your smile grew wide.

 

“Are you telling me you just woke up?” Jiyong looked at you in disbelief.

 

You looked at the clock and then back at Jiyong with confused eyes. “It's two.” You paused. “In the afternoon. Even I don't sleep that long.” You looked back at your bowl.

 

Jiyong looked at you for a while before responding. “Wait, so you're having pancakes for lunch?”

 

You set the bowl back on the counter. You weren't getting anywhere in your recipe. After looking at him, you laughed at the confusion in his eyes. “So you're one of those people.” You scoffed playfully at him.

 

“Excuse me?” He said defensively.

 

“Someone who who eats breakfast for breakfast and dinner for dinner.”

 

“As it should be.” He stated in disbelief at your argument.

 

“No!” You laughed, also in disbelief. “You can eat any food when ever you want. Especially pancakes.”

 

“Clearly pancakes are breakfast food. You can't order pancakes at a restaurant on a dinner menu.”

 

“I bet if the chefs were nice enough they would be happy to cook you some.” You were so sure you won this argument, you looked back to your bowl. “Not to mention, I am not in a restaurant. I'm at home with the liberty of eating what ever I please when ever I please.”

 

He gripped your arm and turned you back to face him. “Let's make a bet then.” His eyebrows raised confidently. “Let's go out to eat tonight. You can order pancakes and if you manage to convince the chef to serve you them, than you win, and I will cook you a very special very romantic G-Dragon style meal.” He made the meal sound as if it were something any girl would kill for. “But if he doesn't serve them to you, than I win.” His smile was growing bigger.

 

“Oh?” You were laughing inwardly at his stubbornness. “And what happens if you win?”

 

“Then you move out of your bedroom and move into mine.”

 

“That's a bit of an unfair trade.” You scoffed at him. “A meal for a bed. I don't know.”

 

“Well if you so sure about your pancakes-any-time theory, than you won't have to worry about loosing.”

 

“I won't sleep with you.” You stated plainly.

 

“Sorry, I believe you have no choice. There's only one bed in my room.”

 

“That's not what I meant.” You turned away laughing.

 

“Aww, I just want a snuggle buddy.” You felt him wrap his arms around your waste and lean his head on your shoulder. “What do you say. Are you willing to risk your very own private room?”

 

“Um, yes.” You turned around to face him. “Because I'm positive I'm going to win.”