Hoya's past

Romance Airline

Yuri’s POV

Finally taking a break. I’m so tired! I went to find Taeyeon unnie. She was sitting on her bed.

She patted the spot next to her.

‘Unnie, I’m tired’ I complained.

‘Why were you late?’ she asked.

‘I had to wake Jessica up. Not an easy job’ I replied.

‘I’ll go get a cup of coffee for you. Want some?’ she offered.

‘Its okay. I’ll get it myself’ I replied before standing up to get coffee.

While pouring coffee, I saw Hoya patrolling the cabin.

‘Acting all decent’ I muttered to myself.

I took the cup of coffee and went back to Taeyeon Unnie.

 

‘Unnie, Why is that Hoya guy still patrolling? Don’t he get tired or anything?’ I asked before taking a sip.

‘Hoya’s story is quite sad’ she replied.

‘He has a story?’ I asked back.

‘Yes, so don’t be too hard on him’ she replied.

 

‘It was two years ago. He joined the company with other guys, Woohyun and Myungsoo’ she continued.

‘Myungsoo?’ I asked.

‘That is L’s real name’ she replied my question before continuing her story.

‘He fell in love with Tiffany, you know? Love at first sight?’ she continued.

‘But he had competition. Tiffany was quite popular with guys and one of the guys that Hoya competed with was Yunho. Back then, Yunho was not a head steward yet. Hoya did all sorts of things for Tiffany. He treated her dinner, bought her everything she wanted from stuffed animals to designer bags’ she paused to take a breath.

 

‘One day, he asked Tiffany to be his girlfriend during one of our flights. We were cabin mates then so I witnessed everything. Hoya decorated the cabin’s quarters with flowers and hearts.. It was all so romantic! But..’ Taeyeon paused.

‘But what?’ I asked.

‘Tiffany rejected him. Yunho was just promoted to head steward from that flight onwards and she rejected him on the basis that a head steward earns more money’ Taeyeon continued.

‘What? Tiffany rejected him because of money and position?’ I asked.

‘Yes’ she replied, ‘From that day on, Hoya worked even harder, wanting to be promoted to be a head steward. There was even a time when he fainted when we returned to Seoul from exhaustion’

 

‘I didn’t expect Tiffany to be that kind of person’ I muttered.

‘It’s for the best as well. If she accepted Hoya, he would have been penniless by now and would most probably had broken up because of that’ Taeyeon replied.

‘Besides, Tiffany and Yunho did not last long either’ Tayeon added.

‘Why?’ I asked.

‘I guess Tiffany matured. She wanted to date for real love and not for money and power’ she replied.

‘That’s why Hoya gets sensitive when being compared to a head steward, especially Yunho’ she said

I gulped. I did that earlier in the flight.

I sighed.