Forgiven

HOME...is where the Heart is

 

“I’m sorry, Miss Jung. But all our flights to Seoul are currently cancelled,” the counter staff explained apologetically.

 

 

 

Failing to hide my disappointment, I press on half heartedly, “When is the next earliest flight?” It has been an exhausting for me for the past forty hours. Ever since abandoning the most talked about marriage as the runaway bride, I had rushed back to the hotel to pack all my belongings before dashing into the streets to hail a taxi. As if Heaven was punishing me for breaking Siwan’s heart, a thunderstorm was summoned to hinder my escape. Getting a taxi was proven to be challenging, more so with rain pouring mercilessly on my unsheltered body. After pacing by the side of the road for more than an hour while lugging a heavy trolley bag behind, a taxi driver who heeded the broadcasted advice to head home before the storm hit a dangerous stage, took pity and brought me to the airport.

Just when I thought I could sigh with relief, another unattainable feat was descended upon my shoulders. Due to the storm, all flights in and out of the airport were cancelled. And here I am, sleeping on the chairs at the departure hall for the past forty hours and unwilling to give up hope that flights will resume as long as I camp there. I was of course not the only stranded soul. Surrounding me are hundreds, or maybe thousands of passengers, who are looking forward to board a plane to other places but are dismayed to find themselves trapped within this building. But none are as desperate as me to leave here, for I am desperate to embark on the true meaning of life away from here with my the man that I love.

Cold, hungry and with an impending flu virus attacking my immune system, I am too tired to even comprehend the meaning of giving up.  I just know that I need to get home and I need to find Hyun Joong. I don’t know if Hyun Joong is still waiting for me in Seoul, but even if he is not, I have to return to at least know that he is safe. I could not help feeling disappointed for the tenth time when the counter staff’s response crushes my hope of leaving here.

Hugging my body tightly from the biting cold, I sink back onto the seat that I have been occupying for the past days. I will continue waiting for a miracle to happen. I am so overcome by fatigue that I failed to sense someone taking a seat beside me.

“Hi.”

 Shock by the sudden appearance, I turn quickly to face the man who just arrive. “Siwan! What are you doing here?”

“How do you know that I would be here?”

“It’s not hard to guess where you would want to go after you left me at the altar, especially in this kind of weather.” he responds with a sheepish smile.

“Are you here to pleasure yourself too see how sorry a state I’m in now?” I ask, feeling guilt towards him all at once.

He takes in a long breath, “The problem is, I love you too much to hate you. I should have hated you when I felt that your feelings towards me had changed a few months back. I should have too when you couldn’t even say the three words ‘I love you’ when I uttered them whole-heartedly. And I think I should have hated you even more when you are not brave enough to even confess to yourself that your heart is not mine. Then again, how could I blame you when I myself was the same?” he paused for a sigh,  “I knew all along that you love him.”

“What do you mean?” I quiz with ignorance.

“I knew you love Hyun Joong. The way your eyes sparkled when you mentioned him…the way your hand gestures and voice revealed your excitement when you talked about him. I almost die with jealousy every time it happens,” he chuckles, as if recalling those times with amusement. “You are the only person in this world who doesn’t realize that.”   

I react with blinking my eyes rapidly as I am too exhausted to do more. However, I am scolding myself mentally of my own stupidity.

“I thought I could continue to keep you in the dark. And I thought after our wedding, I could finally set my worries aside and make you mine. But then, you finally come to your senses,” He groaned, “It’s too much a price to pay for my selfishness. I should have let you go earlier.” He looks down at his fingers and decides to play with them to hide his sadness.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you.” I finally muster enough energy to mutter. “I thought I could live with you forever too.” Placing my hands on his, I whispered with genuine remorse, “I’m truly sorry.”

Watery eyed, he looks up with me and forces a smile, “I know you are,” He covers his other hand over mine.

“So am I.”

 We gazed into each other’s eyes knowingly and with that, the painful past is forgotten.

Abruptly, he wipes his tears and springs up like an athlete, “Alright! Looks like there’s somewhere we need to go.”

I look at him inquisitively, “It’s raining cats and dogs out there. There’s nowhere to go.”

“Yes, there is! Captain Im’s at your service, Fraulein Jung!” he exclaimed.

“Huh?”

“Come with me! I’m an experienced pilot, and we could fly back to Seoul in my jet.”

“But the storm…we…we could get killed.”

“Trust me. I know what I’m doing,” He convinces and pulls me along.

My heart leaps a beat as I allow him to take me with him. As I move along with him, suddenly sound around me seems to have been muffled. I felt sick in my stomach and everything appears surreal. Siwan’s back ahead of me becomes fainter and then, darkness envelops.

 

****************************************************************************

Bowwow

SO SAD!!!I lost some valueable comments and views! Argh...wished i had saved your comments somewhere before the maintenance happens. Why does this happen everytime when there's a maintenance???

Friends, one more chapter and the beloved Alien Prince will appear. I just need to have this chapter to have a closure between Siwan and So Min. Else, it would be very unfair for Siwan. Also want to potray more about how far So Min would go to be back to find Hyun Joong. Therefore, I appreciate your patience till the weekend for the chapter that I think most of you are waiting for

Bowwow signing out for the night! Good nite!

P/s: XQ, don't worry. The completion of this story will not be your birthday gift next year. This 'SHORT' (^_^) is going to end soon