What was that?

HOME...is where the Heart is

 

“Your girlfriend….” I lowered my glass slowly. “Uhm…Congratulations..” Somehow, I do not comprehend the stammer in my voice.

“I did not know that you are going out with someone.” 

GREAT! Now, why can I hear sarcasm hidden between my lines?

“You were too busy with your wedding preps. I don’t have a chance to let you know.” He explains, all the time looking at his fingers repeatedly interlocking and then dislodging again.

He takes in a long breath, as if getting uncomfortable in our conversation, “So Min, look, Min Jung and me…we aren’t…”

I stand up abruptly to declare, “I think we have enough for today. Could you drive me home?”

He gazes at me with puppy eyes momentarily and picks up his keys in defeat, “Let’s go.”

On our way back, we do not talk at all. I keep my mind occupied with questions on my irrationality in reacting to the situation just now.

Maybe I am upset that he has failed to inform me about such an important piece of news of him getting hitched. Or maybe, I am angry with myself for neglecting him all these months and have not been a real friend.

The more I dwell into the matter, the more frustrated I become because I could not find the right answer. And this dreaded ride is the longer than I have imagined it to be.  When we reach my doorstep, I disembarked from his bike.

As I am about to enter into my living quarters, Hyun Joong grabs my hand and whirls me around. I gasped when he hugs me tightly and whispers,  “I’ll miss you.”

Too shock for words, I could only stand rooted to my position as I watch him walks towards his vehicle and speeds off without giving me a second look. When his silhouette disappears beyond the horizon, a signal is finally sent to my body to reach for my key to unlock the front door.  

Only when I step into the house, the state of daze vaporises.

It is only now when my heart starts racing against its own beating. I place my palms on my chest, heaving in and out as if I am under an asthmatic attack. Cold beads of perspiration break out on my forehead and dizziness seeps in. I grapple around for something to hold myself upright and fortunately reach the sofa before I collapse onto the floor.

It must have been more than half an hour before I come back to my senses. The first question that came to my mind after my near fainting spell is, “What was that?”

 ***************************************************************

Bowwow

A thousand apologies! This is a very short update. It was a struggle to write this short chapter though because firstly, time constraint. Secondly, as my friend rightly pointed out, I have been watching too many films unrelated to romance, thus no inspiration to write anything romantic. OK XQ, I note your point and I'll start watching/reading love stories from now on.

Next update will be after i watch a romantic movie probably. :o) Haha! Enjoy your week everyone!