The Knight in Shining Armour

HOME...is where the Heart is

So Min

“Please don’t…” I whimpered, praying hard that the Alpha man would stop his advances.

One millimeter…I swore it was only a millimeter away from my skin as the heat from the diffused over my cheek. I closed my eyes and expected the worst to happen.

“There’s no way to treat a sweet girl. Man, you are acting like an old, pesky grampy.”

My eyes flew open at the distraction that had not only successfully prevented my disfigurement, and also attracted the attention of all the others in the café to the voice.

“You! Are you courting death?” my attacker demanded.

A small but confident chuckle was delivered from Si Wan, “I love to take risk with my life. Yu are too small to be considered a risk to me, I’m afraid.”

His belittlement certainly aggravated the arrogance of my attacker. He let out a war cry, instigating his men to charge. They did, and the action started.

It all happened like reading each scene off a kung fu comic strip. A somersault from Si Wan, a few punches, followed by a swirling high kick. That was all it took to bring down the gang who went sprawling on the floor begging for mercy.

I watched in awe at Si Wan as he strolled gallantly towards me and carried me to the hospital. As I gazed at his handsome features up close, I felt blissfully happy as I thought then that Heaven had bestowed him as my knight in shining armour, who came to fulfill my dream of finally finding a decent home in a rich man.

The ringing of my phone zaps me back into the present.

“Hello, dear.” I sang into the receiver.

“How is my princess coping without me today?” Si Wan teased.

“I’d be lying if I don’t miss you.” I laughed gently.

“I know.” He serenaded, touched by my confession.

“How are the decorations at Neuchwenstein?”

“Splendid. It will be ready and perfect for my queen in two days time. Are you excited?”

I gulped. Month ago, I would have answered a definite yes to this question. Of late, I could not really say the same when asked. I do not comprehend my own hesitance but I attribute it to pre wedding woes.

“Of course, I am.” I lied.

“I love you.”

“Me too.”

I heard a sigh at the other end and he mumbled something about being tired and then hung up.

Slowly, I placed the receiver down and slumped down onto the sofa, I averted my gaze to my cream-colored muslin gown glimmering like a luminous shadow in the moonlight. With precious gems adorning almost every inch of the gown, it has to be the most beautiful dress in the world, I swear. And I will wear this amazing dress to the wedding that any woman in this universe would ever wish for. After the wedding, I would be Mrs Im So Min, a title that is the envy of the female population in the world. But why, as all this wonderful dreams are slowing becoming reality, something is gradually creeping into my heart…a feeling that nudges and bite on the corners of my heart.

This foreign and uncomfortable sensation that frightens me…  

Probably it is the fear of having a family finally after spending twenty years of my life in the orphanage…

Probably it is the fear of losing all that I will gain so soon within less than a year…

Or probably…oh gosh…I’m getting nauseous from all this.

Probably, I just need to chat with my childhood and best friend to feel better.

I dial the number and as soon as the line is picked up, I shouted into the phone.

“Hyun Joong, please come over. I need you.”

 

***************************************************************************************************

Bowwow

Pls ignore the mistakes and anything that you think sound or feel wrong. =p

It's a short chappy but took me a long time to write. Argh.......mental block again!