Three More Days

HOME...is where the Heart is

 

So Min

Three more days …

 

Time seemed to fly after Si Wan went down on his knees to ask for my hand in marriage. Since then, I had not looked back. Our schedule was as hectic as a working bee, working around the clock as we busied ourselves with the preparations. It was so exciting during those three months that I had no time to spare for my childhood and my best friend.

 

We were in France to try on a wardrobe of wedding gowns that only the Queen of England would have access to. We called hundreds of suppliers for exotic food such as Norwegian salmon, Japanese sea urchin and Russian caviar to be flown in fresh on the wedding day itself. We had also reserved the Neuchwanstein Palace for our big day and a subsequent two days celebration. On top of that, our guests will be flown in from all over the world in his private planes into Germany to join us in the celebration.  We had even engaged Miss Sarah Brightman to sing the first number as we march into the hall to take our wedding vows. Everything must be the best for me, he said, because I am the best thing that had ever happened to him. And the fact that he is the heir to the top steel manufacturer in South Korea made it possible for us to go to this extent of extravagance.

 

I could vividly remember the cool afternoon last August when Si Wan walked into the café where I was serving as a waitress. He looked fresh, boyish and elegantly attired in his neatly pressed T shirt and jeans. The waitresses, including myself, and even our gay barista, were secretly spying on him as he sat at the furthest edge of the room, sipping his latte machiatto slowly as he read his papers, while basking in the autumn breeze. Without any confirmation, we all knew instantly that he comes from an aristocratic family, as we could judge from his dressing, mannerism and definitely from the Audi Sport parked just outside the café. There were definitely no ends of rich customers who patronized our high-end café daily, but Si Wan was rather different. The aura that he carried was enough to make us believe that he could be an ethereal being, who happened to descend from above for a breather on earth.

 

I had thought then how wonderful it would be to become his wife. Well, firstly because he meets my first criteria for being rich. And anyway, that was the whole reason why I chose this café, where only the rich and famous will patronize. Secondly, he is really good looking, and that had all the young girls (and guy) swooning over him.

 

A rich and handsome husband - who would not die for such a perfect combination!

 

The spying and gawking ended abruptly when a group of masked men barged into the café with metal rods and machetes. The serene atmosphere immediately took a drastic change. Tables were turned, cups and saucers were sent flying across the room as the hooligans threatened to harm everyone if their requests were not satisfied. Our barista tried to pacify one of them who was aggressively destroying his beloved collection of coffee mugs, but was pulped down with a blow that left his nose broken. The customers were scared out of their wits and they scrambled to huddle at the corner where Si Wan was still calmly savouring his cuppa quietly.

 

 “Listen! All of you!” the Alpha man finally spoke after all they had created enough chaos to frighten the crowd.

 

“We are only here for riches, not your life. Just hand out all your money and valuables, and we will let you leave this place in one piece! UNDERSTAND?!”

 

A little girl was obviously unable to contain her fear anymore as she started crying out loud. Her mother tried to hush her but failed miserably. Crossed, the Alpha man seized the little girl, much to the mother’s apprehension, by her arm and shouted in o her face to be quiet. Nobody among the crowd dared to further offend him as he shook the girl violently in an attempt to shut her up.

 

I did not know what came over me then. Perhaps I could not stand such cruelty being exercised on a defenseless child or perhaps, the flu medicine had deluded my actions, I surged forward and started hitting his head with the aluminium tray in my hand. That certainly deterred him from venting his anger at the girl.

He put her down and her mother quickly rushed to embrace her. But his attention was now directed at me as I could see his eyes burning with fury.

Only then did I realized what I had done. Panic gripped me as he grabbed my shoulders and threw me to the clutches of his men. 

 

“You have the nerves, little lady! Do you know what happens to people who don’t listen to me? I’ll show you NOW!!!”

 

He snatched a lighted cigarette from one of his men.

 

“I wonder how beautiful your cries will be when I dig this deep into your soft cheek. It should be very melodious to our ears.” He bellowed a menacing laughter and the rest of the men followed.

 

“Let me go! No!” I tried to wriggle free from the two men who were locking me down. I looked around at my colleagues and at the customers whose gazes were glued to me, hoping for someone who would come to my rescue. But I could only see signs of them retreating further into the background.

 

What had I gotten myself into?    

 

I watched in horror as the cigarette was placed nearer and nearer to my face. No matter how hard I tried to free myself, their hold on me tightened further with every move I made. Tears slipped through and dampened my cheeks as I came to terms that no help would come to me.

 

In mere seconds, sound of my scream would echo throughout the café.

 

All for the sake of saving a little girl in distress... 

 

Now, who is going to save me?

 

*****************************************************************************************************

Bowwow

Sorry, lame first chapter, laden with mistakes here and there. Urgh...i just want to get the story started. So, pls forgive me for the errors and cold plot

 

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone noticed that KHJ is part of the story too. =o)

Hmmm....wonder what role does he play in this story????