The Wedding

HOME...is where the Heart is

Don’t get too affected, So Min. Everything will be alright. I will get married tomorrow and then I’ll think about what to do with Hyun Joong after, I assure myself

Without turning to look at Siwan, the rustling of papers conveys that Siwan is obviously oblivious to the turbulence within me and still engrossed in his documents. Partly grateful that I could keep this to myself and partly upset that he is totally insensitive to my emotional needs, my inner voice guiltily question again the reason for this marriage to happen.

The scenery outside flashes meaninglessly before my eyes as the limousine moves on. The journey back to our hotel feels longer than expected after my conversation with Min Jung. I can’t get her words out of my head no matter how hard I tried.

“So Min, you must find Hyun Joong. I know you are the only one who could find him. He disappeared without a trace and a word,” Min Jung had wept.

“Disappeared? But I just met him yesterday…” I tried to keep my cool in order not to raise Siwan’s suspicion.

“Yes, and after that he disappeared. I tried calling him many times, and I went to his house. All I found was all his things intact and his handphone, but Hyun Joong…..” she choked on her sobs, “he is not there…Please…please find him.”

I whispered into my phone, “But…but I’m getting married tomorrow…And why do you think I could find him?”

“I hate to admit this, So Min. There’s more of you in his heart than me. I am just a substitute. If there’s anywhere he will always want to be, it is by your side.”

At those words, everything around me seems to have frozen in time. Though I feel sorry for Min Jung’s plight, somewhere inside, a sudden warmth is beaming through. As much as I want this feeling to linger, I try to brush it away by convincing myself that it is only an uplift to my ego and it is not right to be happy over this when I am going to become Mrs Im.

“I tried to fill the void that you have created in his heart…I tried very hard. And when he finally accepted me a month ago, I thought I have succeeded…But NO! He told me last night that he is sorry,” Min Jung continued.

“Min Jung…I..I’m not good at comforting others. I’m really sorry…”

She cut in quickly, “It doesn’t matter anymore. Just find him and tell me that he is safe. I’m afraid that something could have happened to him.”

With that, our conversation ended with Min Jung holding me to fulfill a task that I did not commit to. And when the line went silent, peace never return to my unsettled heart.

I keep telling myself that finding Hyun Joong can wait till after my wedding. But I could not convince myself that this is the wisest decision.

But this has to be clearly the right thing to do. Being Siwan’s wife is every women’s dream. It is THE dream. It is MY dream. I am finally going back to where I belong to... a high class society!

Nothing can stop the wedding. NOTHING.

Morning comes and my bridal suite is swarmed with people. The make up artist, the hairstylist, the bridesmaids, friends who drop by to congratulate me. They come in a pack and whisk me to the limousine that will drive me to the castle, where the solemnization ceremony will be held. The whole time, I am in a daze. I am going with the flow, without a mind of my own - neither excited, nor ecstatic.

This must be what every bride would have felt like on her wedding day…

I am in a daze….

Until…

The walk towards the altar…

I could hear music playing at the background and the choir starts singing. Sarah Brightman’s beautiful voice fills the hall with the ‘All I Ask of You’ rendition and I am inching nearer and nearer to a smiling Siwan in his white tuxedo. He looks exactly like Prince Charming, minus the horse.

At any moment, I will be his Princess and we will share a life.

We will share a big house with many servants to serve us.

We will travel all over the world in our private jets and stay in five star hotels.

We will have children and raise them to be successful lawyers, doctors or business savvy people just like him.

We will look after each other in sick and in poor

We will grow old together and..

…he will be there at my deathbed or I for him…

It is so perfect till I realize….

 ******************************************************************************************************

Hi everyone. Sorry for the long wait. And I gotta apologise again cos this chapter is really short and have no substance. I do not intend to stop here but Z Monster has caught up with me. I have to stop here.

 

I'M SO SORRY!!!


Promise I'll update as soon as I'm free to write ok? This week, YES, I'll find time to write this week! *_*