Morning after

Mrs. Kim Jong In

The sun wasn't shining brightly that particular morning. Droplets of water trailed down the windows and the skies were grumbling. You let out a whimper and cuddled deeper against your bolster in hopes that the rain would go away soon. Only, it wasn't a bolster you were clutching on.

Kai looked at your sleeping figure huddled against his; dried saliva on the corner of your lips and eyeliner smudged under your eyes, he held back a laugh, *Oh, she's going to shoot a living person dead when she realizes the position we are in right now.*

Somehow in the middle of the night, you grabbed ahold of your husband and kept him close by your side throughout the night. You have always feared the rain.

At the moment, you had a leg over his body and hands over his lean waist. You stuffed your face deeper into his chest, completely oblivious to the situation.

"Damn, isn't this quite a sight." 

Kai looked up at Luhan who had just woken up. He noticed several of his other comrades staring suggestively at him. He pinked but scoffed, "As if I'll ever be able to do anything to her without her throwing a knife at my direction."

He looked at the questioning faces of his friends and sighed, "Few days ago, on the first day we met, she threw a knife at me. And when I tried making a move on her, she kneed me in the balls. So, uh, no thanks. Never again."

"Well, . Remind me to never make a move on her then." Chanyeol commented. Kai looked at him with a raised eyebrow and a look that said 'are -you-serious-right-now-cause-if-you-are-I'll-do-the-honors-of-sacking-you-in-the-balls-instead'.

Chanyeol raised both his arms in the air, "I mean no harm man. I mean come on, she IS hot." That caused a flying cushion to land on his pretty little face. "OW!"

"Shut up. She's still sleeping. You guys go ahead first. I'll leave for work with her." Kai assured his other comrades. He rolled his eyes as he heard Chanyeol grumbling unpleasent words to him as he walked out the door, following the others.

Diverting his attention back to you, he watched you as you breathed evenly against his chest. You fit perfectly in his arms- just like in the old days.

"Oppa?"

8 year old Kai looked at the door to look at the intruder. "Are you still awake?"

"Yeah. What are you doing here Saerim-ah? It's way past midnight."

7 year old you toddled your way to his bed and frowned, "I can't sleep, oppa. The thunder is scaring me." Kai saw the tears in your eyes and the trembling of your arms and immediately softened.

"Come here." He patted the space next to him and scooted over to make some space for you on the bed.

You climbed up and immediately wrapped your arms around his body. Kai chuckled and covered the both of you with the blanket. "Go to sleep, Rim-ah. Oppa will protect you." And he did, as you slept soundly in his arms.

"Rim-ah. Wake up, we're gonna be late for work."

You stirred in your sleep but refused to wake up. Kai shook you but to no avail, you still kept your eyes shut. He smirked, thinking of an idea and leaned in towards your ears, "Wake up before I do something you'll regret, Saerim-ah," he whispered huskily in your ears and kissed your jawline.

You snapped your eyes open and stayed frozen as you were trying to comprehend the situation. *Did he just-* Kai simply waited for your wrath.

"WHAT THE FLYING ! DID YOU JUST KISS ME!? AND WHY ARE WE SLEEPING TOGETHER?!"

Kai innocently looked at you, "But baby, you weren't exactly complaining last night."

"LAST NIGHT!? I WAS SOBER LAST NIGHT! I WOULD'VE REMEMBERED IF SOMETHING HAPPENED!"

You strugled to get free from his hold as he leaned dangerously close to your face with a smirk playing on his lips, though his eyes told a different story. They were soft- and strangely affectionate. "You're still scared of the rain huh, Rim-ah?"

Your eyes widened, *R-rim-ah?* Flashbacks of your past flickered in your mind. You couldn't wrap a finger around it as the images were hazy and blurry.

After your parents left, you went into a state of depression. Depression at the age of 9 was not safe, and you remembered you constantly had black outs every time you thought about the killing of your dad which soon lead to the death of your mum. No nine year old should watch their parents fall dead on the kitchen floor.

Gradually, your therapist advised you to stop thinking of the past, and you did. Now, it was all a big blur to you.

"Ugh," you groaned as you squeezed your head and moved away from the figure next to you. "Hey, you okay?"

You were about to snap at him when a loud grumble resonated from the sky. You quickly shut your eyes and grabbed the closest thing to you, which happens to be your jerk of a husband.

"Whoa there tiger! Impatient, are we?" "Shut up, Kai. Just let me stay like this for a while." Your husband softened and wrapped his arms around you as he let out a sigh of content, "My mouth is sealed."

--

You walked ahead of your husband when you reached your work place. Not only were you embarrassed that he saw your weak side, you couldn't get the feeling of his lips against your jaw and his body so close to yours out of your head. You mumbled incoherent words along the way to the 16th floor.

"Oh, give it up already Rim-ah. There's nothing to be embarrassed about with sleeping with your husband." Kai said, a tad bit too loud which caused people around you to look at your direction and pink.

"Yah! Don't just say things like that in public! People get the wrong idea!" You hissed at him while grabbing his arm and dragging him with you.

"It's not wrong if it's true. Besides, we're married. It's something married couples do all the time anyways." You gave up on shutting him up because obviously, he loved watching you getting fired up and embarrassed. "Jerk," you hissed.

"I can't wait to go home and have the house all to ourselves too, honey!"

Your face flushed with colour and you stormed into the meeting room. Your other comrades had their eyebrows raised at you when you walked in. "Don't. Just don't."

"Jagiya~" An arm wrapped around your shoulder and you faced the jerk, seriously considering to hurt him when your uncle walked in.

He raised an eyebrow at the both of you, "Well, I see you're getting along perfectly fine since no one's head has been chopped off-" He faced the other boys and tossed them a file, "-this is the case you've been assigned on. First come and take a seat, my two lovebirds."

You scowled at your uncle as Kai chuckled then pulled you down onto the seat next to him. "The governor insisted on having all of you on the case for this one. Park Chansung, Korea's biggest drug dealer." He looked at you, almost scared if you didn't know better, "This... this was the case your dad was working on when he was killed, Saerim-ah."

You felt your heart drop.

 

--

A/N: Updated! <3