'Husband'

Mrs. Kim Jong In

You ran your fingers through your hair and took a deep breath. *I can't believe ahjussi is making me do this. He expects me to live under the same roof with this man? I don't even know him!*

You opened your eyes when you heard a chuckle. You looked up and saw your 'husband' looking at you with that stupid smirk of his. “What do you want..

Ah, I haven't introduced myself, have I? I'm Kai, your husband from now on.” He reached his right hand out. You glanced at his hand then back at his face, “Wipe that stupid smirk off your face before I punch you.”

He chuckled and brought his hand back to his side, “I'm guessing you dislike this whole husband-wife cover?

You rolled your eyes, “The word 'dislike' doesn't even match up to how I feel about it.

Why? I think it's gonna be fun, Mrs. Kim.” He said with a wink. You glared at him, “Do NOT call me that. We're not even married yet.” Just then, the doorbell rang. You stood up and walked out of the room.

You opened the door, but no one was anywhere to be seen. You looked around then finally spotted a file on the floor. You knew exactly what it was.

The marriage documents.

You picked it up and closed the door with a sigh. You walked back inside and spotted Kai looking through the fridge in the kitchen. “I'm hungry but there's nothing to eat. Could you make me-“

You smirked in disbelief, “Yah.” He looked up as you threw the file at him. He caught the file just in time with his left hand.

I'm not your maid. Make your own food.” You walked over and sat on the couch with your arms crossed, “The file I just gave you contains our marriage documents.

He came over and sat opposite of you. You raised an eyebrow, “What are you waiting for? Open the damn folder. We have things to fill out.” You nodded towards the file in his hands.

He dropped his gaze towards the file and opened it. He took a bunch of papers out that contained the marriage certificate, lisence, etc. He smirked slightly and met eyes with you, “I guess there's nothing left for us to fill out after all.

You looked at him for a few seconds then snatched the papers away from his hand. You looked through the papers and scoffed in disbelief. *That old ahjussi. I should've known better!* With a shake of your head, you stood up to leave. “Where are you going?” He asked.

“Somewhere where it doesn't concern you.” You took your thin cardigen and left the hotel room.

As soon as you stepped out from the hotel lobby, you shivered. Your thin clothing wasn't helping either. You blew hot air into your palms and walked along the busy streets of Seoul.

Back at the hotel room, Kai blankly stared ahead at nothing in particular. He sat up as he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

Hello?” He answered.

Kai! Is everything okay? I tried calling Saerim a few times, but she didn't pick up.” Lee Soo Man said from the other end.

Everything's fine, uncle. Saerim went out to get some fresh air. I guess she forgot to take her phone with her.”

Oh, okay. Have you looked through the papers?”

“I did. You're really something, uncle. I should've known better. Of course you would fill the papers for us. I wouldn't be suprised if those papers are real, either.”

Lee Soo Man chuckled. “Oh, Kai. You will never change, will you?” Kai smirked slightly.

Kai, listen. I need you to- Just then, you came in. Your lips were slightly purple from the cold.

Kai looked up and noticed your shivering self. Uncle, Saerim's back. I'll talk to you later.” He whispered then hang up.

Wasn't such a good idea to go out was it? He smirked. You glared at him then slammed the bedroom door shut. He blinked a couple of times then shrugged.

All the way in the states, Lee Soo Man stared at his wallpaper on his laptop. *I've done what you asked me to do. Are you happy now?* He smiled while gazing at the picture of himself, your father, 5 year old Kai, and 4 year old you.