Meeting EXO

Mrs. Kim Jong In

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Your alarm indicated it was 6 in the morning. You squirmed around in bed before fiddling with your phone and finally shut the alarm off. You opened your eyes slightly and groaned. *Morning already?* You thought as you sat up.

It took a couple of seconds for you to realize where you were. You practically dragged yourself out of bed, took a quick bath and changed into something appropriate for work.

You walked into the living room and noticed that it was empty. “Kai?” You called out but there was no answer. You shrugged, *I guess he already left.*

You left the hotel and took a cab to the NIS building. You paid and thanked the driver as you got off and strode into the huge building. You made your way to the meeting room on the 16th floor.

*I think this is where ahjussi told me to go to.* You entered the room but no one was in sight. There was an oval glass table half the size of the room in the middle of the room, surrounded by 14 leather chairs. You took a seat at the end and impatiently tapped your fingers on the glass table. You glanced at the time and slumped in your seat. *They clearly said 6.30. It's already 6.35. Where are they?*

Just then you heard voices along the hallway. The door flung open and there stood about- 2,4,6,8,10,12- twelve good-looking men in their suits, including Kai.

Your inner teenage heart fluttered at the sight of the dashing men but you kept your cool and bowed respectfully. They nodded their heads slightly and took their seats. Kai took a seat beside you. You eyed him weirdly before looking away.

You looked at everything except at the 12 men staring at you. It was extremely uncomfortable and you squirmed in you seat. “She's cute.” One of them said.

You looked at the guy and stared at him, “Excuse me?”

“I said you're cute. Got a boyfriend?” He winked, rather creepily.

You raised an eyebrow, “And you are?” Before he could answer, a middle aged man came in, Mr. Yoon. Mr. Yoon used to work in the same cases with your dad. Occassionally, he would come over to your house and have dinner together. At times, he would teach you self-defense techniques when your dad was busy running errands.

Everyone, except you, stood up and greeted him in unison. You looked around, confused until Kai pulled you up by the arm. He slighty pushed your head forward to bow.

“Please take your seats.” Everyone stood up straight again and sat down. You glared at Kai as you took your seat.

“So I'm guessing you all know why you're all gathered here today.” He sternly eyed everyone as they all nodded. His eyes landed on you and they softened. He flashed a toothy smile, “Aigoo, Saerim-ah. You're all grown up now. You transformed into a really beautiful woman, I see. The last time I saw  you was when you were in your pink flowary dress, 10 years ago.”

*At mom's and dad's funeral.* You thought. You managed to crack a small smile and bowed, “Nice to see you again, samchon. It's good to be back.”

He held out his arms,
No hug for your old man?” You immediately softened and stood up. Everyone else watched in disbelief as the two hugged in the meeting room. Not once have they seen Mr. Yoon act this way. Not in front of them at least.

You pulled away and went back to your seat. So did Mr. Yoon. He cleared his throat and went back to his poker face, ”Anyways, I'm just here to past you this.” He handed out files to each one of us.
I believe you are all old enough to read them yourselves. I want all of you to report to me at 1pm sharp later today of what you know about this mission then we'll start training right away. Understood?”

Ne.” Everyone replied at the same time and stood up as he made his way out of the room. As soon as Mr. Yoon was not in sight, every guy in the room dropped onto their chairs. Groans and complaints were heard from every direction.

Why did he ask us to come so early if he only needed to say that?” Do we really have to finish this whole damn thing by noon?” I'm hungry!”

You smirked in amusement at the change of atitudes. Just then, the screen of the smart board came to life. There stood your ahjussi, Lee Soo Man, the director of NIS. He smirked then cleared his throat,
Well hello there boys.”

The 12 boys turned their heads to the screen and quickly fixed their image. Everyone except Kai, of course.

 

I'm guessing you're already looking forward for what will come in the future?” He smirked once again.

They bowed their heads in shame,
Joesonghamnida.” You tried to hold your laughter, but failed. Everyone looked at you.

Ms. Kang.” Ahjussi strenly said. You managed to put your poker face back on, Yes, Mr. Lee?” You made sure to empasize on the 'Mr. Lee'. He sighed, Just sit down.”

You chuckled and sat down, along with the other guys.
I believe Mr. Yoon has given all 13 of you the files regarding the case, yes?” Ne.”

Good. I need all of you to read it and report to him by today itself. As for now, I'd like to introduce to you the new agent who will be working will all of you from today onwards. Ms Kang, please introduce yourself.”

You gave ahjussi a look but stood up anyways.
Er.. My name is Kang Saerim. People call me Sam in the US and I'm 19 years of age. Since I'm new here, please treat me nicely.”

Soon, everyone started introducing themselves. Kris, 22, Luhan, 22, Xiuman, 22, Lay, 21, Chen, 21, Tao 19, on the other side of the table and Suho, 22, D.O, 21, Chanyeol, the creep,  21, Baekyeol, 21, Sehun, 19 and Kai on this side.


Since we're all older than you, other than Sehun and Tao of course, you can call us oppa if you'd like.” Suho, the friendly leader said. You looked at him and blinked.

Before you could reply with a rude comment, you simply nodded and looked away. Ahjussi spoke up,
I need all of you to treat her like your own sister. She's not only important to me, but to Kai as well.”

Everyone looked at Kai then at you, confused. You looked at Kai, unsure of what to say. Kai glanced at you then at his friends and smirked,
She's your sister-in-law.”

-

After that awkward meeting with your 'brother-in-laws', you went downstairs to the library and went through the file you received earlier. It was a quarter to 12 and you were almost done reading the file. You glanced at the clock, *Just one more page.*

5 minutes passed and you finally finished reading the file.
Finally!” You ran your fingers through your hair, drank your hot chocolate and sank in your seat.

You're gonna be late.” A voice said. You sat up and saw Kai standing in front of you.

You looked up and glanced at your phone. 11.55 am. You looked back at him and nodded.
You stood up and walked past him but stopped. After hesitating for a while, you asked, Why did you do that?”

Do what?” You turned around and faced him, Telling your friends that I was your wife.”

He raised an eyebrow at you,
“Er, maybe because you are my wife?”

You rolled our eyes and crossed your arms against your chest, “You know what I mean. They really thought I was your wife! Shouldn't you at least tell them the truth? They're your friends aren't they?”

“But I did tell them the truth.” He blinked.

You let out a sigh and closed your eyes, “I think you're not getting what I'm trying to say here.” You opened your eyes again and glared at him, When are you planning to tell them that it's just a fake marriage? That it's just a disguise for our mission?”

Maybe because it's... not? Saerom, didn't uncle tell you?”

“Tell me what?”

He stared deep into your eyes,
That this isn't a fake marriage. It's arranged, yes, but it's definitely not fake. I thought uncle would've told you by now.”

You eyes widened as big as saucers, “..WHAT?!”