Training

Mrs. Kim Jong In

You exhaled and opened your eyes. You gazed at the glistening stars above from the balcony and sighed. *Appa, is this really what you want? Did mum feel the same way?* A million of questions crossed your mind.

“Saerim?” You turned around and saw Kai staring at you. “Mind if I join you?” You shook your head and looked at the sky again.

Kai came over and rested his elbows on the railing next to you. He looked at you, “Are you feeling better now?”

You looked at him, “Yeah. I just needed space to think, that's all. Being in that room was too stuffy.” He nodded in understanding. As you were about to look away, he gently cupped your chin.

Your eyes widened and you stiffened at the sudden contact. “That looks pretty bad. You should've treated your lip.” He looked at your bruised lip in concern. You gently pushed his hand away and awkwardly looked away, “Er.. yeah, I'll take care of that later.”

Kai chuckled and looked at the stars again. You cleared your throat and glanced at him, “You know, you don't have to pretend to be nice to me. I would understand if you didn't.”

“And why is that?” He asked. You met eyes with him again, *There's something about those eyes that seem oddly familiar,* You thought.

You quickly snapped out from your thoughts and said, “Well.. you were forced into something you never agreed on doing with someone you just met a few days ago. And not just something, but actually getting married with that someone. Wouldn't you feel hatred, or maybe bitter towards that person? I mean, I would feel that way.”

“So you hate me? Is that what you're trying to say?” He raised an eyebrow. “Aniyo! Aniyo! What I was trying to say-“

“So you like the fact that you'll be married to me?” His hurt expression turned into a smirk. You stopped waving your hands around and glared at him, “You're just like your uncle.”

He laughed and patted your head. His hand gently grazed the side of your face then he pulled it back to his side. Your cheeks burned as you watched him walk back inside. As he was just about to go in, you called. “Kai?”

He turned his head towards you, “Yeah?”

“Just bare with me for a while. Maybe after a year or two, I'll be out of your hair. We can go our seperate ways then.” You said, feeling guilty of bringing him into this whole family mess.

His expression changed but you were too obvlious to notice. You smiled, “Thanks, Kai.” He simply nodded and went inside.

You heard the hotel door shut and sighed. You leaned your back agaisnt the railing and thought about your parents once again. With another sigh, you pushed yourself up and went to bed.

--

You opened your eyes as soon as your alarm rang. 8 am.

You sat up, ruffled your hair and stumbled your way to the bathroom. After taking a quick shower, you changed into this.

After making sure that you've got everything, you left the hotel. You grabbed a cab and made your way to the NIS building. You thanked the taxi driver and shut the door. *Ahjussi should really get me a car,* You thought.

You walked into the huge building and went to the basement where the training will be held at. You opened the door to the huge gymnasium but no one was around. *I guess I'm the only one here.* You took your bag to the changing room and changed into this.

Strecthing your arms and your upper body, you exited the changing room. As you came closer to the gymnasium, you heard loud chattering. *They must be here.* You rotated your neck and entered the gymnasium.

The 11 guys stopped talking and stared at you, wide eyed. Some even with open mouths. You looked at them weirdly but politely bowed. “Good morning, sunbaenims.”

It was awfully quiet as no one said a thing. Then you heard someone say, “Holy .” You raised an eyebrow and looked at the owner of that voice. Chanyeol quickly looked away with a flushed face.

You glared at him then walked past the gawking men. Before the guys could burn a hole in your back, someone cleared his throat. Everyone looked Kai, who had an eyebrow raised, “I'd be thankful if my friends would stop looking at my wife like a pack of hungry hyenas.”

Some awkwardly looked around, some coughed and some even muttered the word 'sorry'. I mean, Kai couldn't blame them. What you were wearing was enough to give an old man a heart attack. It complemented your curves and the abs you worked hard to get well. They way you stretched wasn't making it any better either. Kai cleared his throat and forced himself to look away.

He went to the changing room, followed by the others. After changing, they came back out and started strecthing as well. After a while, the training began.

Just because you were a girl didn't make anything different. You were trained the same level as the boys. Lucky for you, you've trained back in the states. It was pretty much the same, only that now, you were the only female present.

After hours and hours of training, everyone collasped on the floor, including yourself. “Good work guys. I'll see you tomorrow.” The instructor saluted with two fingers and left.

“Anyone hungry?” Kris asked. All 11 raised their hands and eagerly nodded their heads, especially Tao. “Saerim, do you want to eat dinner together?” They all looked at you. You nodded, “Why not?”

“Great! Let's all get cleaned up first.” Suho said.

You stood up and walked to the bench, grabbed your bag, and went to take a shower. When you were out of sight, they boys started talking about you.

“Oh my God, she's so hot!” “I want to get married to someone like her.” “Heck, screw that! I want to get married to her!” The boys started throwing comments here and there while one just watched them.

“Unbelievable.” Kai shook his head and went to take a shower as well.