Seoul

Mrs. Kim Jong In

You sighed as you stepped out from the gates. You looked around Incheon airport. It's been a while since you've been here.

The last time you've been in Korea was 10 years ago. Memories of you and your parents flooded your mind. You bit your lip to prevent yourself from crying in public. You weren't someone who liked showing people your weak side.

You took a deep breath as you tightened your grip on the strap of your handbag. You flung it over your shoulder and opened your eyes.
You shook the thoughts out of your mind, *You can do this,* With a small nod, you went to get your luggage. After finding them, you took a cab to Seoul Hotel.

When the taxi stopped at your designated destination after a long hour, you paid and thanked the driver. You had no problem in communicating in Korean since ahjussi spoke Korean to you all the time.

You walked into the hotel, got your room key and headed to your suite. After putting your bag in your room, you decided  to change into a black tank top and shorts. You tied your hair in a messy bun and went to the kitchen to have a glass of water.

Your mind kept wandering off to your parents.

Just then, a figure walked into the suite and looked around. The man noticed you by the sink, blankly staring at the ceiling. *Is that her? The girl he told me about?*

You sighed and put your glass into the sink, obvilious to the  intruder. As you turned around, you noticed the man staring right at you. He didn't look like he worked for the hotel.

Your hands automatically went to your back pocket but you realized you left your gun in your room. *Dammit! I never forget to bring my gun with me wherever I go! Why now?!* If you were freaking out, you didn't show it.

A smirk came on Kai's face as he came closer. In one swift movement, you grabbed the knife in the drawer and pointed it towards him. “Come closer and die.”

“I wouldn't do that if I were you.” He crossed his arms and continued walking towards you. You narrowed your eyes at him then threw the knife towards his direction. If he was a normal person, he would've had a knife in his head by now, but the thing is, he wasn't.

He swiftly dodged it and your eyes widened. You reached to get another knife but he reacted faster than you.

He pinned you against the wall and you winced at the impact. *What the hell-* You looked up and met eyes with him. He smirked and came closer, “Hey there, honey.”

You gave him a look *Honey? Who the hell does he think he his?* Before he could do anything else, you knocked your forehead hard against his and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. “ARGH!” He tumbled on the floor and cried in pain.

You looked around and found your cuffs on the dining table. You quickly grabbed it and cuffed the stranger's left hand against the railing by the sink. It was now your turn to smirk.

As you were about to walk away and report to ahjussi about this strange man, Kai caught your wrist using his right hand.

You turned around smacked his hand away. “DON'T. TOUCH. ME.” You hissed.

He smirked, “Rough, are we? It's okay, I like rough girls. Especially in bed.” He winked.

You looked at him with disbelief and disgust, *What the is his problem? We don't even know each other.*

Before you could snap at him, he continued, “And you're y. I like girls who make a good first impression. I mean, you exceeded my expectations. Uncle didn't tell me you'll be this hot.”

You furrowed your eyebrows together, *What the hell is he talking about? Uncle?* “Look, I don't know if you're high on drugs or something, but I don't know you-“ “He didn't tell you, did he?” He cut you off.

You looked at him. You opened your mouth to answer him but then realized that you were wasting your time. He could've been a crazy man for all you cared.

You turned to go but he suddenly said, “Kang Saerim.” You halted but continued walking.

“19 years old. You just came from the states about an hour ago.” You slowed down but you didn't stop.

“You haven't been here ever since your parents death.” You froze.

“They were killed when you were nine and-“ You stormed over and put a knife against his throat. You glared at him, “Who the hell are you?”

He looked down at the knife and back at you, “Mind putting that away first?” You didn't move a muscle.

He sighed in defeat, “I'm your partner.” You opened your mouth to say something, but he cut you off. “Ask your director if you don't believe me.”

“And why should I do what you say?”

“Because I know how Uncle Lee works. He never tells you the most important part.”

“Uncle.. Lee?”

“The one and only.”

“You mean Lee-“

“Soo Man. Yup, that's my uncle.” He finished. Your eyes widened. “Call him. I'm sure you'll understand everything better.”

You slowly released him and stood up. He rotated his sore neck, “Damn, Saerim. You sure are strong.”

You ignored that comment and went to the bedroom. Confused, you grabbed your phone and dialed ahjussi's number. *What partner? I've always worked alone.*

“Hello? Saerim? Back to Earth, darling.” Ahjussi said.

“Huh? What?” You quickly snapped out of your thoughts, “Oh! Ahjussi!”

He chuckled, “Yes?”

“I have to ask you something. Was everything about this mission written in the file you gave me? As in, everything?”

“Of course. How can I miss a thing?”

“Really? Cause I have big feeling you missed out on a huge part of this mission.”

“I'm sure, Saerim. Are you doubting your ahjussi?”

Just then, Kai walked in. Your eyes widened and you gasped loudly. *How the hell did he-?!*

He smirked when he saw your surprised expression and put his index finger against your lips. You pushed his finger away and glared at him.

“Are you okay, Saerim?” Ahjussi asked.

After a while, you answered, “W-what? Uh, yeah. I'm okay.”

“Oh, good. I thought something bad happened.”

You suspiciously looked at Kai as he mouthed some words to you. You nodded and asked, “Ahjussi, do I have a partner in this mission?”

There was a pause before he spoke, “The thing is Saerim-“ You turned away from Kai and hissed, “I can't believe you! I do, don't I?!”

“Saerim-“

“Why didn't you tell me?! I worked perfectly fine when I was alone! Plus, he's a guy! Why would you-“

“Saerim.” You were cut off by ahjussi. “What?” You answered, frustrated.

“I did this for your own good. For one, you are gonna need help to catch Park(drug dealer) and his gang. Two, you're always cooped up in the office, you barely mingle around! The last time I've seen you with a guy was.. never!”

“But-“ “No buts! Did you forget who's in charge here?”

“Ahjussi-“

“Just be nice, okay? He's someone I cherish a lot too, so I'd like it if the both of you get along. For me, please?” You could just imagine him pouting at you. You softened. Ahjussi was like a dad to you. You'd do anything for him.

“...Fine.” You grumbled.

“I knew I could count on you! I'll send you the marriage documents right away!”

“What? Did you just say marriage?”