The first step

Mrs. Kim Jong In

"Are you clear on what you're supposed to do?" You glanced up at one of the leaders and rolled your eyes, "Yeah, I think I understood the first hundred times, gramps."

Suho glared at you and you childishly stuck out your tongue at him. The 14 of you were in a black van, a couple meters away from the club, checking on the final touches before setting out.

"Real mature, Rim-ah." You turned your head and looked at the source of the voice. You stared at him; hair styled up, the first few buttons of his black dress shirt ed; you couldn't help but feel your stomach flutter. *'Rim-ah', why does that roll off his tongue so naturally?*

"Like what you're seeing? Or do you want to see more, because I can make you an exception." You snapped out from your thoughts to come face to face with your husband. You scoffed and pushed his forehead away. "Self-conceited ."

The other members shook their head in amusement, some snickering, "Saerim-ah, is that a way to talk to your husband?" Before you could sock Chanyeol in the face, Kris announced that it was time to go. Everyone but Chen, Suho and himself left the vehicle and went their separate ways to their respective locations.

The newlyweds, that being you and the jerk, stood in line outside the club and waited to be ushered in. You felt an arm wrap around your waist and pull you close. His hand was relatively too low for your liking.

You gritted your teeth before lifting your head to his. "If you do anything funny, I'm going to kill you when we get home." You leaned away and sweetly smiled at him, "Alright, honey?"

He smirked before leaning dangerously close to your lips, "I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one enjoying this, love."

You shifted your eyes away with a scoff, "." Well, darn him for being so good looking.

You heard Chen chuckle through your ear piece, "Alright alright, that's enough Romeo and Juliet. Let's try to not kill each other and blow our cover now, shall we?"

You opened your mouth to snap at him but he cut you off before you could even utter the curse word you had in mind, "Guys. Park is heading your way. You know what to do, right?"

For a moment, you mind went blank and your palms quickly became sweaty. Your heartbeat increased twice its rate as you took in a quick breath, *For mum and dad, Saerim. Mum and dad."

Wiping your hands on your sides, you leaned affectionately towards your husband as you walked closer to the club's main entrance. You faced the bouncers and smiled, "Mr and Mrs. Kim Jongin."

--

The club was heavily covered in smoke and it reeked of alcohol. The flashing lights blinded you and the booming music deafened your ears.

You bobbed your head mindlessly to the music as you waited for Kai to come back with your drinks. You spotted Kyungsoo across the dance floor and Xiumin lounging on one of the sofas with a girl wrapped around his left arm. You nodded slightly at their direction, *Let the games begin.*

Making your way to the dance floor, you swayed your hips to the beat and joined the sweaty crowd. You grimaced but held back from lashing at a guy who randomly slapped your . This was the plan anyways.

You scanned the crowd and spotted a drunk male, probably in his late thirties dancing suggestively with a female- who looked clearly disturbed- before smirking. Target locked.

You mindlessly made your way closer to him in hopes that he'll take notice of you. It didn't take long. The poor girl who was previously trapped in his embrace scurried away and not long after that, you felt a presence behind you.

You pretended to not notice and continued to sway your hips- rather suggestively if you might add. You felt hands slowly creeping up your thighs and squeaked. You turned around to see the man staring lustfully at you, hands now on your hips. You faked a hiccup, "You're not my husband."

He smirked, thinking he had caught perfect bait as you seemed supposedly 'drunk'. "No, but you will be screaming my name soon rather than his."

You felt him tug on your hand and was dragged to God-knows-where. You held back the urge to sock him in the balls and hissed at the mic attached on your bra strap. "Ahjusshi better be raising my pay for doing this, or I will set his office on fire."

You heard snickering from the ear piece as you were 'helplessly' dragged to- ah, surprise, surprise- the toilet. The classic.

The man might have been half drunk and older than the guys you are usually around with, but boy was he quick. He slammed you into one of the cubicles and locked the door behind him. He quickly took off his pants but before anything could've happened, you did what you wanted to do most that night. 

You kneed him where the sun didn't shine.

"HOLY FU-!" As he crouched over, you took the opportunity to run out, not forgetting to rip your upper dress apart and smudge your lipstick. You ran out of the toilet to be greeted with your husband's flushed face. You gave him a small nod and began your act; you feigned fear and tears.

The drunk male came scrambling out not long after and stormed over when he took notice of you. Everything happened in flash after that. He grabbed your shoulder and flung his hand to your cheek, hard. "You !"

That's when the fight broke out.

Kai pulled you behind his back ang glared menacingly at the older man. "You're going to pay, you old hag."

The plan was going perfectly as planned- except for getting bruised on the face with a deep cut. The plan was to get someone to lure you away, have the said someone attempt things with you, to only be met with your furious husband which will lead to a fight. You will put on a dramatic act, crying in one corner when Park and his team comes running down wondering what caused the disturbance. Then, they'll realize that you were nearly in their club and naturally, it becomes their responsibility to cover the damage done.

"I'm so sorry for that, Mr Kim. We have taken care of that man, you won't have to see him ever again when you come here. Please, call me Chansung."

And voila, step one is completed; to be familiar with your enemies.

--

The ride on the way home was quieter than usual. Other than Lay who helped to treat your wound, and the occasional whispers among the guys, it was rather quiet. "There. All done."

You smiled gratefully at the healer, "Thank you." He nodded his head in return and went back to his seat in between the guys. You looked around and furrowed your eyebrows, "Did you guys fight or something? Why is it so quiet?"

The guys looked at you, almost pitifully if you didn't know better, and then it clicked. They felt bad for you. A small smile played on your lips and you shook your head. "If it makes you feel any better, the old hag hit like a, I don't know, an old hag?"

That managed to make several of them crack up. Luhan reached over and ruffled your hair, "Always acting tough, this one." Your stuck your tongue out at him.

"Go get cleaned up and get a good night sleep, Saerim. Your ahjussi wants to meet us tomorrow." The car came to a stop in the garage of the house and Kris ushered everyone in.

"Oh great. More nagging." You grunted as you went up the stairs. Everyone went to their respective rooms, with the exception of your husband. God knows where he went. You stalked over to Kai's room and decided to take a long shower.

After showering and getting dressed, you noticed that your husband was still not in the room. The curiousity got the best of you so you decided to look for him. 

*He's not in the kitchen, nor in any of the guys rooms. Where- oh.* His lean back was facing you as he faced the swimming pool. *What is he doing out there? Isn't he cold?*

You grabbed a blanket from the living room as quietly as possible and made your way outside. You wrapped the blanket around him and sat next to him, "Are you stupid? Do you want to fall sick?"

He turned his head to look at you, slightly taken aback. "AND you're drinking?" You scoffed at him, "Do you expect me to take care of you when you're having a 40 degree fever?"

You knew why he was acting this way. The main reason you got married was to be protected, and Kai knew that fact very well, but a very very small incident happened today. As if meeting the man who killed your parents wasn't enough. You knew your husband felt guilty.

He didn't answer you like he usually would with a witty response. You sighed and grabbed the can of beer in his hand and chugged it down your throat. *If I'm going to do this, might as well do it when I'm drunk.*

You slammed the can on the table separating you and Kai. You didn't know what got into you at that moment; you stood up and went over to his side. Then you made him scoot over and wrapped the blanket around the both of you. You leaned back on the chair- pushing him in the process- and leaned closer to him. "I'm cold and I'm drunk so don't question me."

Although, you weren't so drunk. You knew exactly what you were doing and remembered it as clear as day. Especially when you reached up and kissed him.