Twentytwo

Silence of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Flashbacks

8 years go.

''Get out of this house, NOW!'' Her step-father yelled at her mother. ''And, take this useless child with you!'' He grabbed Hyojin's arm and shoved her to her mother. ''Ouch.'' Hyojin winced. ''GET OUT NOW!'' He pushed both of them out of the house and slammed the door loudly. Her mother leaned her back against the door and slid down. She then started to cry. Hyojin turned to looked at her mother, and hugged her.

''Omma, why're you crying?'' She asked, softly. ''I'm not.There's something went into my eye.'' Her mother faked a smile and wiped away her tears. Being a little child, Hyojin trusted her mother's word. Hyojin smiled and blew into her mother's eye. 

*At least I have you.* Her mother tearfully smiled and hugged Hyojin.

''Should omma treat you for ice-cream?'' She patted her daughter's head. Hyojin's eyes brightened and she nodded her head excitedly.

''Let's go!'' Hyojin smiled and pulled her mother to the nearest convenience store.

''Cross now!'' Hyojin pulled her mother while crossing the zebra line. Out of sudden, her mother saw a car speeding up towards Hyojin. Her mother's eyes widened. *This can't be happening.* She thought. ''Watch out!'' She called out and pushed Hyojin away. 

The next thing that could be heard was a loud, BAM.

*What just happened?* Hyojin opened her eye just to found herself next to a car. ''Owwie..'' She groaned again as she rubbed her scraped elbow and knee. She widened her eyes as she saw something unexpected. ''Omma..'' Tears started to welled up in her eyes. ''Omma!'' She wanted to crawl over to her mother unconscious body. But, another car sped up and ran over her mother's body. *NO!* She shouted, but no voice came out from . She couldn't believe what she just witnessed, her mother was knocked down by a car..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter