Chapter 2

Mr. Panda, Don't Be So Shy !

And it had been a week since Dayoung and Tao started on the project to change him. They did nothing much except being closer.

"Tao ! Did you do homework ?!" Dayoung asked in a panic, she looked like a poor chicken lost her mom.

Tao looked up from his thick novel, which he borrowed from library to learn more about Korean. Seeing his only friend in Korea struggle with her notebook, he can't help but chuckle and calmly tossed his notebook on her table. "You just can write it down, but remember to read it later, or else you will know nothing about the lesson. Know what I mean ?" Tao said with a grandma voice.

Dayoung puffed her cheeks and made a face at him, "Yeah, yeah ! I know ! Nagging Panda !"

Tao laughed gently and shook his head before paying his attention back to his novel.

It was few more minutes until the class started. Students were working their full speed to copy down the lesson. You just can say that Tao was one of the least students who did homework and had good result.

And that was nothing helpful for his making new friends.

Sehun stood up from his seat and approached Tao in a bad manner. He kicked Tao's table and glared down at him. "Yah !"

Tao looked up with confusing look. Dayoung dropped her pen on her book and left her seat. She went between Sehun and Tao, put her arms on her tiny hip, held her chin up to Sehun. "What's your problem now, Sehun ? Don't pick up on new friend"

Sehun gritted his teeth, "None of your business". But then a sly smirk formed on his handsome face, he brushed Dayoung's cheek with his thumb, "Or ... you want us to have private time ? I would love to".

Tao saw what was happening and he didn't like how Sehun touched Dayoung. For some reason, seeing another guy touched her made his heart become restless. But Tao didn't do anything beside cursing Sehun with his mind.

Dayoung sighed and pried Sehun's hand off, "Stop your nonsense and leave Tao alone". Sehun opened his mouth to defend, but seeing seriousness in Dayoung's eyes, he shut up and unwillingly went back to his seat.

Some girls in class started whispering and gossiping. "Is that Tao guy worthy for Sehun oppa to pick a fight on ?" "He is just an ugly Chinese guy" "I understand why Dayoung plays with him. They are both poor !"

Tao looked down on his fingers, heard all the bad things about him. But he hated it when they compared Dayoung with him. In his eyes, Dayoung is a nice girl, with sweet heart and bright character.

Dayoung puffed her cheeks and blew her bang before assuring Tao by whispering, "Don't worry Tao. I'll help you to change yourself ! Then those girls will stop badmouthing at you, instead, they will follow you like unbreakable tails !" she said then giggled. Tao gave her soft smile, "Thanks, Dayoung". *Without meeting you, I don't know if I can survive until now*

 

***

 

Tao and Dayoung were heading out, since school was over.

Like usual, Dayoung was talking nonstop, pointing everywhere and smiled at everything. And Tao just silently nodded and sometimes would bob his head at her saying. He didn't talk much, he was a cold guy with lots of shyness.

Kai and his crew passed by, there was Sehun with them. Kai spotted his sister and a smile grew on his face. Ever so secretly, he ruffled Dayoung's hair as he passed by her.

"Hey !" Dayoung whined and fixed her hair. She pouted, "It's not nice to ruffle your hoobae's hair, Jongin-ssi !" she called after him. Yes, no one knew they are siblings, except Sehun.

Tao watched as Kai smirked and wrapped his arm around a random girl, he was confused about a relationship between Dayoung and Kai. *Why it seems like they are pretty close ? I don-*

"YAH YOU !" a y voice shot through Tao's ears. He had pumped onto a queenka because of his daze. Tao quickly bowed and bowed, "Sorry" he barely said it out loud.

A queenka roared with her fake sob, "OMG !! You touched my expensive jacket ! You disgusting foreigner !" she dramatically dusted her jacket and threw gross looks at Tao.

Tao bit his lips, wanted to shout back but he didn't have a dare.

Dayoung ran over and recognized a girl, she was a girl that almost hit her at that time when she helped Tao from Kai's crew.

"Sorry, sunbae !" she bowed deeply and helped the queenka dusting her jacket. That queenka spat on the ground and shoved Dayoung aside, "DON'T TOUCH ME !"

Dayoung breathed out heavily. *Don't let your bad side out, Dayoung ...*. She inhaled and forced a smile, "I'm really sorry for my friend's fault. I will pay for your jacket if you want"

That queenka half-eyes glared down at both Tao and Dayoung. Tao dragged Dayoung's hand and pulled her up, made her look up. He didn't want to see her bowing for him. "Dayoung, I will-"

"Jaekyung !" a voice called and that Jaekyung girl tossed her hair, spun around with a snicker. "Kai oppa !". Kai waved her over and gave Dayoung a long look. *Silly sister and her stubborn*. Kai made Jaekyung leave with her, saved his sister.

Dayoung sulkily stomped her foot. "Aish !! That girl is impossible !!!"

Tao despite feeling guilty, he still felt funny seeing her like this.

"What ?! It's not funny !" Dayoung caught Tao laughing at her and she snapped.

Tao shrugged, "Nothing. And, I'm sorry ... I should have defend myself" he looked away.

Dayoung softened and her shoulder slumped, "I just hate it when those queenkas and kingkas use their imagine power too much !"

Tao just laughed and looked at her with gentle eyes. *She is really cute, and strong too*

Dayoung meekly held Tao's hand and pulled him out of the gate. "Come, I'll change you from today. Physical change !"

 

***

 

Tao looked around his surroundings, there were lots of couples and children. He looked down on his hand and lightly smiled at a cone of ice-cream.

"Why did we end up in here and eating ice-cream ?" Tao asked with a curious tone. Dayoung her ice-cream and beamed, "Because we need energy before having hair cut and shopping !"

Tao nodded in understanding and on his ice-cream also.

"Good right ? I love sweetness !!!" Dayoung chirped up and laughed. Tao nodded once again.

Now he had a good time to look closely to his only friend. Dayoung had a cute appearance, she is not that sharp-beautiful like other girls, who put lots of make-up on their face. Her hair is over her shoulder with light-brown color. She loved to smile and smile a lot. Now he wondered ...

"Dayoung, why don't you have any friend at school ?" Tao asked, carefully, not to let her know he cared too much about her.

Dayoung blinked, "...because I don't like to" she finished with a smile. *Because I don't want to have fake friends, who befriend with me just because I am Kai's sister and Sehun's childhood friend*

Tao didn't ask more, he knew Dayoung want to hide the secret. "Um ... what's Sehun to you ? I-I mean, I-I see him really like you" *Aish, what I am talking about ?*

Dayoung chuckled, "Why suddenly shuttering ? Aigoo, Panda bear ~" she cooed and wiped ice-cream stain off his lips. Tao stared widely at her oh-so-close face. *Arkkk, my heart will explode*

Dayoung leaned back and answered, "He is my childhood friend. But since we attended high-school. We didn't talk much at school... I guess it's my fault then ..."

"Why your fault ?" Tao asked, this time he grew beyond curious. *Did they use to be couple ?*

"Simple, he became kingka, and I hate kingka. Useless position in school" she said coldly. *I hate it when all of my childhood friends became kingkas and ignore me. Includes my brother*

Tao froze on his spot. *She hates kingka ?*

"Y-you hate kingka ? Then why you want to change me into a kingka ?!" Tao defended. He enlarged his eyes and stared at her. Dayoung chuckled, "Because I believe you will be a good kingka. Look at you, all handsome, you were born to be kingka. Haha ~" she laughed and enjoyed her ice-cream.

Tao replied with his heartless smile. His mind had flown away, *Then when i become a kingka, you will hate me ? ... That's not what I want ...*

"Tao, I think you are perfect like who you are now. But because girls nowadays love boy with bad-boy hair style. I think we should cut your hair" she said and pulled him up with her.

"Hey- wait !-" *What the hell ? If she likes this me, why should I change ?*

Dayoung dragged him to somewhere while calling someone, "Oh, Suho oppa ! Are you at your shop now ? Ohhh, okay. See you later then ~"

 

                                                                                                                                                                        

This will be a shortfic after a while struggling with my idea <3

Whatever, I hope you will love an update :D

I smell something fishy ~ Tao starts liking Dayoung now :))