Chapter 8

Mr. Panda, Don't Be So Shy !

Dayoung let her mind drag herself downstairs due to Kai's nonstop calling. She badly wanted to stay home today, she didn't want to see Tao or moreover, Jaekyung. But she knew Kai would not let her skip school without a reason.

Kai smirked and pulled her down by her wrist. Dayoung landed her on the cold chair, but didn't bother to snap at Kai anymore. She buried her face into the crook of his neck and shoulder, tried to get some impossible rest from her dear brother.

"Oppa, I'm tired ..." she mumbled and shut her yes tightly. Kai blinked, he looked up, looking for help from his parents.

Their dad stared at Dayoung with amusing look, "Dayoungie, are you okay ? Who stole your sleep last night ?"

She opened one eye and peeked up, she saw Kai was laughing and circled his finger around her eyes, where her black bags were formed due to lack of sleep. She rolled her eyes and shoved Kai's hands away.

"Oppa, you have to take care of Tao for me, okay ?" she mumbled, lightly embarrassed. Kai's eyes widened even more, "What ?!"

Their mom noticed how her daughter's expression change, and she can't help but smile knowningly, "My daughter is in love ~~ in love ~~" she sang and elbowed her husband. Their dad also smiled and bobbed his head in agreement.

Dayoung blushed and covered her face with Kai's arm, "W-What are you talking about ? I am not !" she defended but can't get through Kai's sharp look.

"You are right, mom. She is in love with a Panda" he smirked and hugged her shoulder, gave her a tight yet loving hug.

"Panda ?!" their parents chorused. Kai nodded with a bright grin, "A new boy from China. He is, of course, not as handsome as me, but still is a good boy who resembles Panda"

Dayoung scoffed and stood up, dragged her backpack and munched on a random bread while waving goodbye, "See you later, mom and dad. I'm going now, oppa. And you are not that handsome !"

Kai laughed and stood up also, "I'm going too, bye mom, dad"

"Bye dear ! Make sure to bring that Tao guy home for us to meet, kay ?"

 

***

 

Like always, Tao was waiting for Dayoung, but this time he had a very heavy heart. *Will she go to school today ? But she can't skip school just because of yesterday, right ?*

Meanwhile, Dayoung was only a few meters away from him. She noticed Tao and was startled a little. Tightening her hands on her backpack's straps, she warily looked at him then lowered her head. *I can't let this friendship go, just ignore my wrong feeling. He has a girlfriend, didn't mean we can't be friends*

Dayoung forced out a really sweet smile and walked to him casually. "Hi Taooo !!"

Tao stared at her, taken a back for a good minute, then he gulped down while waving at her, "...Hi..."

Dayoung chuckled, "You look great today"

Tao blankly looked at her. If this was few days ago, he would be glad to hear it from her. But now, he felt like that's the most hurtful words he had ever heard from this sweet Dayoung.

"Um ..." Tao was about to walk with her when Jaekyung appeared and hugged Tao's arm.

"Tao ah ~~" Tao looked at her in shock, "Wait !? What ?!"

Dayoung's smile dropped and she quickly bowed, "Good morning, sunbae"

Jaekyung replied with an oh-so-sweet smile, "Goodmorning ! What are you doing here with my boyfriend ?" she asked more like a statement. Dayoung weakly smiled, "Ah ... your boyfriend ...Nothing, we were just saying morning greeting. I gotta go"

Tao got her hand in time she turned to run, but she nicely pulled off, "I'll see you around" she looked down and ran into school.

 

***

 

It's lunch time and Dayoung was walking along the hallway to the canteen. Tao caught up with her with ease because of his long legs, "Shall we have seaweed soup today ?"

Dayoung shifted her gaze to him and hang open, didn't know what to say, "Oh ... Um ... ". Her smile was threatening to appear because Tao showed no difference from before, but not for so long that she spotted Jaekyung and her brother from afar, she was waving at Tao and Kai gave Dayoung amusing look.

Dayoung sighed softly and looked down, "You should meet up with your girlfriend, see you later"

"Dayoung ! My girlfriend ?! What ..?" Tao called, didn't know what just happened not until he saw Jaekyung smirk.

*Aish, that's girl !*

 

***

 

Dayoung got herself a seat near a corner and stayed their alone. Without Tao, she got no friend at school. She totally looked like an outsider of the school, which made Tao's heart sink like a broken ship.

Tao was at the kingka-queenka's table, where he found no joy at it. His eyes won't leave Dayoung for just a second.

And his ears had a chance to perk up when he heard Sehun whispered to Kai loud enough for him to hear.

"Yah ! Kai ! Did you talk good thing about me to your sister ?"

Kai rolled his eyes, "What ? Why should I ?"

Sehun pouted, a pout he only showed to his bestfriend, "Awww, come on ~ You know you want me to be your brother-in-law"

"Too bad, her heart belongs to someone else" and Kai casted Tao a quick glance. Tao blinked at a sudden eye-contact, but his mind was drifting over about what Sehun just said. *He is making a move ... Why I can't stay still after knowing about that ?!*

Sehun blew his bang in frustration and abruptly stood up, held his tray along with him.

"I'll will hit on her with my charisma, just watch, bestie"

Tao followed Sehun with his gaze along with his beating heart in nervous.

Sehun tapped on Dayoung's shoulder and flashed her his charming smile. "Can I have this seat ?" he pointed to a seat next to her. Dayoung was stunned for a while then slowly nodded. "Sure ..."

Sehun smiled and sat down, purposely placed his arm behind her and started talking. They were friends, so it took long for Dayoung to grew comfortably with him next to her at lunch.

Once in a while, Sehun will make her laugh and giggle with his own joke about her brother. If Kai knew, he would explode like a dinosaur.

Tao gripped his hand on his spoon too tight that his knuckles turned white. He hated it, a lots, when he saw Sehun touching Dayoung like they were couple. *I am not supposed to feel like this, right ? Me and Dayoung are just friend, and friends are not supposed to feel ... jealous ... JEALOUS ?!*

And just when Sehun leaned in to wipe her lips with his thumb, Sehun slammed his fists on the table and startled all of the queenkas, even DO widened his eyes as wide as an egg.

Only Kai had that uninteresting face on, even though, he had an urge to laugh so hard because of Tao's cuteness when jealous.

Tao glared at Sehun who had his arm around Dayoung's shoulder, his eyes filled with flame and he realized already, that he was in love with her. *I am not going to give her to anyone ! Dayoung is mine ! I have to get her back !*

                                                                                                                                            

Few more chappies to go and I'll end this story :))

Enjoy ~~~~